💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

No Plus Size Models In Haus Labs Ads?

ShayCristoforo

Featured Posts

Ryusei

here we go again... it becomes pandering when you start collecting ethnic backgrounds and body-types and disabilities and whatever else there is diversity-wise. Also you're gonna end up with a whole lot of people... 

Musery

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Enigmatic

First World Problems 

I am having my ARTPOP moment

PaulR2345

I’m fat and I don’t give a **** if that’s represented in a makeup commercial :triggered: Makeup works the same on all body types

Chromatic

I hate how brands are expected to have fat representatives. Having fat people in beauty or fashion commercials has become an act of pity.

Rudz Xinc

It's a make up ad, so size doesn't matter in this case, color of the skin does.

Look at those clowns

Alvaro Moreno Ullrich

I dont see kids. Old people. Disabled. Homeless. Faceless. Straight men. A dog neither.. so Add it to the list please or the brand will die for lack of diversity

ChromeAngel

They are just your average body type. It’s not that deep sis. 

PopThatArt
46 minutes ago, Serial Chiller said:

Since we're nitpicking, where are the disabled/ elderly models? 

It's a makeup line, not even a clothing line. Just stop. 

The point is though, the models do all have the similar thin oval face, a larger person would have a more fuller round face, seeing the makeup on a fuller face would be a bit of a service to fuller faced customers. Different face shapes do require different application techniques. Hopefully in future campaigns Gaga has fuller faced girls/guys/unspecified models. Or at least in the instruction booklets have tips for application on fuller faces, heart shaped faces, etc. 

Go see A Star is Born

lego
Just now, ChromeAngel said:

They are just your average body type. It’s not that deep sis. 

Tall superskinny models are not average body type. It’s not 90s anymore. Gaga is behind the trend this time. 

FreePalestine

Itsbrenda
3 minutes ago, PopThatArt said:

The point is though, the models do all have the similar thin oval face, a larger person would have a more fuller round face, seeing the makeup on a fuller face would be a bit of a service to fuller faced customers. Different face shapes do require different application techniques. Hopefully in future campaigns Gaga has fuller faced girls/guys/unspecified models. Or at least in the instruction booklets have tips for application on fuller faces, heart shaped faces, etc. 

It would make no difference, it’s about skin tone.. what don’t you get?

jinko

Haus Labs needs to answer!!! Does Haus of Metallica work differently on Fat Skinℱ vs Skinny Skinℱ!!! TEEN WANT ANSWER :messga:

Spoiler

Srsly tho, no - I don't necessarily search for "size representation" (saying that as someone who's on the bigger side of the spectrum)  when it comes to make up mainly because the thing I'm looking at are pigmentation and whether the product would work and could show up on my skin tone/type. I think there's a fine line between legitimate representation and just marketing tokenism/pandering on the "trend".

lego
1 hour ago, Lucas said:

I hate how brands are expected to have fat representatives. Having fat people in beauty or fashion commercials has become an act of pity.

Just say you hate fat people and move on. More average size body, thick, plus size is not always fat anyway. We are too used to unrealistically skinny in all commercials. 

FreePalestine

Itsbrenda
1 minute ago, lego said:

Tall superskinny models are not average body type. It’s not 90s anymore. Gaga is behind the trend this time. 

I don’t think they are ‘super skinny’ like the 90’s. 

Talking about Average body shape now is definitely an issue but not for Male-up. 

That is more or do with economic wealth, general health and knowledge that people don’t understand because it’s presented so badly. 

Babel

People can’t even start a discussion respectfully on Gagadaily about LADY GAGA without others rolling their eyes and such... childish behavior. Sad. 

Let the Peppa Pig threads flooding keep going I guess. 

Archived