Widows Kiss
2 minutes ago, doppelganger said:

Well TLK is bigger so ....

Yet ASIB moved more than 3 times as many units. How can that be? :oprah:

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hebi

Literally it's so easy to get a #1 album nowadays. No doubt LG6 will give Lady Gaga's 6th number one album

nikola

I wonder why are album sales so low... Especially for Beyonce that did amazing numbers with her last album... Are people fired of some artist or is something else happening 

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

The Z
16 minutes ago, Widows Kiss said:

The Hive told me in October those number aren't anything impressive as it was attached to a big movie. :oprah:

Ask them what it means now:oops:

"bUt gAgA wAs tHe mAiN aCtrESs iN THe MoViE":ladyhaha:

The Z
11 minutes ago, Guillermo Tello said:

Literally it's so easy to get a #1 album nowadays. No doubt LG6 will give Lady Gaga's 6th number one album

Will it be her 6th this decade though? :oprah:

The Z
9 minutes ago, nikola said:

I wonder why are album sales so low... Especially for Beyonce that did amazing numbers with her last album... Are people fired of some artist or is something else happening 

*her last SOLO album

Her last album did mediocre numbers & failed to go #1

Widows Kiss
7 minutes ago, kevinsteve said:

Yes! BTW, ARTPOP, C2C, Joanne, ASIB and LG6. :fan:

Enzo
Just now, Widows Kiss said:

Yes! BTW, ARTPOP, C2C, Joanne, ASIB and LG6. :fan:

you really think LG6 it's coming this year :ladyhaha:

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

Hebi
Just now, kevinsteve said:

let's hope :pray:

FfFfFfFF
23 minutes ago, nikola said:

Imo the GP realised they don't like her anymore. Her post-2014 promo compaign and gimmicks did a good job at tricking people into thinking they love her but it wasn't meant to last. When you are on top you can only go down and this applies to every pop star career.

StrawberryBlond

Sales are all-round low right now but these numbers are particularly shocking as they're American figures. With their much bigger population, this should've been way higher. Ed's collab album's first week UK sales were announced yesterday and it sold 125k on its first week here. We've got a much smaller population compared to the US and yet their #1 album is only predicted around 50-70k. This tells me that maybe the public are finally becoming sick of buying into albums that are made purely for profit without heart behind them. I knew this accompanying soundtrack likely wouldn't do well, partly for this reason. Its money-making intention is too obvious. Same for Ed. When I saw the title of this thread, I initially thought it said 150-170k and then realised the 1 was part of #1. And realised it was worse than I thought. Streaming is clearly where the money is now. Is anyone actually wanting to buy an album these days? Clearly, most people don't think, as far as complete album packages go, that they're worth it. And as someone who reviews albums, I'm onboard with that ideal, with very few artists making an exception.

15 minutes ago, Widows Kiss said:

The Hive told me in October those number aren't anything impressive as it was attached to a big movie. :oprah:

Interesting. I bet their views will conveniently change now so that they can validate how these numbers are perfectly fine. "It's only the first week," "the movie isn't even officially out yet," "there's been no live performances of the songs yet," "Spirit's only just been released" and so on and so forth yet there's no way they would have used any of these excuses if ASIB reported the same numbers. Fan culture really is full of contradictory types. Well, you can't get much bigger than Disney and Beyonce's career is in a much better place than Gaga's was when she put out that soundtrack so I really don't know how they can credibly claim that these numbers are acceptable. I'm absolutely sure Beyonce's got more than 60k superfans in the US who will buy everything she puts out without question, so what gives? I've been saying for a while now that this surprise album idea/putting out an album after just one song idea will not last long for her. It's not a trick you can keep pulling off. It was a big deal the first time (Beyonce),  it was still a novelty the second time (Lemonade) but it started wearing off considering the third time (Everything Is Love) and The Gift has now proved that it has  officially worn off. Eventually, there's going to be more than enough people thinking: "No, I actually want to hear more of this album to see if it's any good before I put my money forward."

Enzo

according to Hive in ATRL it's because Bradley Cooper ksksksks

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

• Admin changed the title to HDD: Beyoncé #1 50K-70K

Archived