Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
politics

Tim Hortons employee telling Muslim couple 'go back to your country'

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince

Sounds like the president. Very presidential of the employee. Wonder if she will join politics now. 

Edited by Morphine Prince
The friends I've had to bury, they keep me up at night
  • Like 4
  • LMAO 1
  • Sad 1

hankhatesyouall
2 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Sounds like the president. Very presidential of the employee. Wonder if he will join politics now. 

Have you tried to watch the video? :shrug:

Edited by hankhatesyouall

Morphine Prince
5 minutes ago, hankhatesyouall said:

Have you tried to watch the video? :shrug:

I assumed her gender wrong. Sorry. 

The friends I've had to bury, they keep me up at night

Mirages
9 minutes ago, hankhatesyouall said:

Despicable :/

A Muslim couple in Michigan is filing a complaint after they claim they were told to "go back to their country" by an employee at a fast food chain. 

https://www.fox2detroit.com/amp/news/local-news/video-shows-tim-hortons-employee-telling-muslim-couple-go-back-to-your-country-?__twitter_impression=true

The sad thing is that when it gets in the news they always say the place of employment as if that was important, when clearly they should state that persons name cause nobody cares where they work but who this asshole is so they can avoid them :ally: The employer has basically nothing to do with it, we should start releasing names of all these racists, islamo-, homo-, xenophobes to public so they can be properly shamed and understand how it feels :reductive:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

PinkPop
5 minutes ago, Mirages said:

The sad thing is that when it gets in the news they always say the place of employment as if that was important, when clearly they should state that persons name cause nobody cares where they work but who this asshole is so they can avoid them :ally: The employer has basically nothing to do with it, we should start releasing names of all these racists, islamo-, homo-, xenophobes to public so they can be properly shamed and understand how it feels :reductive:

bish you always serving taste and truth and am here for it

That's so true - like it's really the employers issue? I hardly doubt the CEO of Tim Hortons went over and said 'oooo go and say this'...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Mirages
1 minute ago, PinkPop said:

bish you always serving taste and truth and am here for it

That's so true - like it's really the employers issue? I hardly doubt the CEO of Tim Hortons went over and said 'oooo go and say this'...

bish out minds ugh :diane:

Exactly...Nothing to do with the brand or the employer. 

• Love 1

lego
1 hour ago, Mirages said:

say the place of employment as if that was important, 

it is important because it happened in their premises and she represents the company, she needs to be fired and they need to apologize. this is not acceptable.

I was wondering why would OP even care about this happening, since he supports president who incites exactly the same type of behavior, but I think I get it. 

It's not easy love, but you've got friends you can trust
  • Like 1

Mirages
6 minutes ago, lego said:

it is important because it happened in their premises and she represents the company, she needs to be fired and they need to apologize. this is not acceptable.

This is such flawed thinking though :saladga: First of all it could happen on their premises even if it wasn't their emploayee it could have easily been another customer, would they need to apologize for it too? The one that should apologize is the employee not the employer! They literally have thousands of employees around the world and it's not their fault that those are trash. Should the employee be fired? Yes she should. Hopefully when she was hired she's been told that this behavior is not acceptable and they have it in a contract so she can be penalized. But why on Earth would the employer have to apologize. Especially in this case when it's a franchise. Just because it's expected doesn't mean it's right or logical. The employee is the one that needs to take full responsibility, the only thing the employer should do is fire them.

• Like 3

lego
Just now, Mirages said:

This is such flawed thinking though :saladga: First of all it could happen on their premises even if it wasn't their emploayee it could have easily been another customer, would they need to apologize for it too? The one that should apologize is the employee not the employer! They literally have thousands of employees around the world and it's not their fault that those are trash. Should the employee be fired? Yes she should. Hopefully when she was hired she's been told that this behavior is not acceptable and they have it in a contract so she can be penalized. But why on Earth would the employer have to apologize. Especially in this case when it's a franchise. Just because it's expected doesn't mean it's right or logical. The employee is the one that needs to take full responsibility, the only thing the employer should do is fire them.

When you work in customer service, you represent the company, I don’t know why you care so much about employer, they’ll be fine when they apologize.

Why are you giving other scenarios when we saw what happened? if this would be McDonald’s cashier, it would be in the news same way, because he or she represents the company. Employers or the company always gives public apologies when someone working for them publicly ****s up and they say “this does not represent our values blah blah” so why do you care so much to protect those companies? Why do you care about their image? Let them deal with that. I care more about the victims in this case. 

It's not easy love, but you've got friends you can trust
  • Like 1

Oshawott

Did the employee really think she'd get away with it? Trump has got these people feeling too brave. :madge:

Mirages
3 minutes ago, lego said:

When you work in customer service, you represent the company, I don’t know why you care so much about employer, they’ll be fine when they apologize.

Why are you giving other scenarios when we saw what happened? if this would be McDonald’s cashier, it would be in the news same way, because he or she represents the company. Employers or the company always gives public apologies when someone working for them publicly ****s up and they say “this does not represent our values blah blah” so why do you care so much to protect those companies? Why do you care about their image? Let them deal with that. I care more about the victims in this case. 

Yes you do, but let's be real they hire almost everybody for these jobs :awkney: It's not like you have to be a college graduate to get the job.

I'm giving other scenarios to show comparison that in that case no one would have to apologize. If you really care about the victims what's a company's apology gonna do for them? :awkney: You're totally not understanding my point. My point is not the company's image, my point is that it's totally redundant for comapnies to give apologies, because it's as you said always expected and always done this way. As a society we should be aiming for the culprits to be the one that will apologize and learn from their mistakes and situations like this. Not the companies. What did that teach them that they apologize and fire that employer, they're gonna hire another one easily cause there's abundance of people looking for new jobs and it might happen again and they will proceed the same way so instead of having them apologize, let's have the culprits do it, let's have their names in the news, let's have them shamed so they actually can learn something from it and become better people. That was my whole point from the beginning, but you clearly didn't get that :trollga:

Sky Juil

How does a drive thru misunderstanding between a cup of coffee vs a couple of coffees escalate to this? Coffee is cheap. :interestinga:. But I don't think Hortons has to retrain the entire company over 1 overblown incident when that employee has already been fired.  There's no evidence presented of a pattern throughout the company.