1 hour ago, Adarsh said:

Now would be the perfect time to announce that lg6 is a metal album :rockstar:

I would love this!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Musicisfreedom
46 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

The other thing is the metal community is ruthless. Not only are they misogynistic as hell, but they also hate anything mainstream especially Metallica which they say isn't "real" metal. She'll really have to collaborate with a respected metal artist to make a dent. 

I actually find the pop community to be more misogynist compared to the metal scene, as an active member of both. While maybe from the outside world metal may seem a little more misogynist, I find the body shaming, ageism, and constant pitting women against each other in the pop world to be absolutely ridiculous. Stan culture in the pop mainstream world has become cyber bullying even against the artists. Also, many people who work behind the scenes in the metal world are incredible women, whereas the pop world is misogynist  greedy men. There are many more examples, too. Many people have misconceptions about metalheads, and in reality we are just music lovers. There are a few bad apples here  and there and can get very elitist in certain scenes, but as far as misogyny goes, pop fans have metalheads beat by far.

Bitch I'm Madonna

derpmonster
2 hours ago, Musicisfreedom said:

I actually find the pop community to be more misogynist compared to the metal scene, as an active member of both. While maybe from the outside world metal may seem a little more misogynist, I find the body shaming, ageism, and constant pitting women against each other in the pop world to be absolutely ridiculous. Stan culture in the pop mainstream world has become cyber bullying even against the artists. Also, many people who work behind the scenes in the metal world are incredible women, whereas the pop world is misogynist  greedy men. There are many more examples, too. Many people have misconceptions about metalheads, and in reality we are just music lovers. There are a few bad apples here  and there and can get very elitist in certain scenes, but as far as misogyny goes, pop fans have metalheads beat by far.

I agree with all of your pop fanbase criticisms. But maybe you're hanging around with different metal heads than I am but I've seen intense incel level misogyny (with constant criticism of female vocalists which is objectively worse than the gays being misogynistic that we see in pop) and even Nazi apologists in metal circles. 

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

giskardsb
2 hours ago, Musicisfreedom said:

alot of great metal bands are female fronted these days.

Quark

o<(0_0)>o

“So humbly I will say, this song came to me shortly after I had spent some quality time with someone who I consider a dear friend, and have grown to admire and respect as one of the smartest and most talented artists today, Stephanie Germanotta, who most of you may know as Lady Gaga.” 

He elaborated, saying it was their friendship and the way she impacted the singer’s life. 

“In the short amount of time we hung out, she made me realize that we all have these imperfections, these wounds that we carry (whether they’re physical or emotional) that cut so deep they can cripple us,” he continued. 

“These feelings leave us vulnerable, or embarrassed, or even unworthy at times. And our human nature — when they’re exposed — is to shut down, rather than embrace them and realize that not only can we overcome them, but we can also become an inspiration to inspire others to have a voice and find their inner strength to show their scars off loudly and proudly to the world.”

https://www.altpress.com/news/godsmack-under-your-scars-lady-gaga/

3 hours ago, derpmonster said:

She'll really have to collaborate with a respected metal artist to make a dent. 

The truth is...Gaga makes a dent wherever she goes.

1-She is such and talented and strong performer that all she really had to do is want to do it. She'll certainly work her ass off to do it well and have it actually mean something. Paraphrasing Bobby, she aims above whats already been done -- by herself or others.

2- with Gagas rep within the industry, and admiration from so many respected artists from different genres and generations, ppl are already on board for any project. She can def get the collabs. Priest et al have sung her praises since way back. The only ppl who think she can't rock are the one who don't have a clue about her.

3 -My fave part of being a LM is seeing her "turn" ppl.  Metalheads loved to bash her and the Metallica collab before AND after the Grammy perf. But those who saw the pre-Grammy and tech rehearsal footage, seemed impressed  and even curious to hear more of her like that.

Can't wait 

lady gaga trash dove GIF

"She's an intellectual, your honor"

Catnikko

I swear everyone that describes the experience of being with her pretty much decribe being touched by an angel :firega: A bless-ed queen we - 

Actual patient

Shipper

RockGa coming for LG6

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

Akiki
15 minutes ago, Unbeweavable said:

I swear everyone that describes the experience of being with her pretty much decribe being touched by an angel :firega: A bless-ed queen we - 

Even when she mostly gives cheap tips about human psychology. She's such a queen. :ladyhaha: I mean, what she said it's obvious, isn't it? 

LilyLark
20 minutes ago, Akiki said:

Even when she mostly gives cheap tips about human psychology. She's such a queen. :ladyhaha: I mean, what she said it's obvious, isn't it? 

Honest Gaga sounds like she is probably a real life, more glamorous version of Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter giving out hippie advice.

FameHookah

Her real passion is Jazz and Metal idek why she even did Joanne lmao

Im still waiting for MetalGa to come thru, its gonna be ICONIC.

WTF is MDNA

crisTEAne
17 hours ago, RAMROD said:

Stephanie Germanotta

:smh:

17 hours ago, RAMROD said:

our battle wounds

BATTLE FOR YOUR LIFE :tony:

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Archived