Stefani Tee
politics

Bernie's campaign workers have a problem

Featured Posts

Woolfsmck

https://amp-cnn-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/07/19/politics/bernie-sanders-campaign-union-clash/index.html?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F2019%2F07%2F19%2Fpolitics%2Fbernie-sanders-campaign-union-clash%2Findex.html

"

"""(CNN)Sen. Bernie Sanders is a staple on the front lines of the labor fight, leading the charge in Washington and around the country to raise the minimum wage for workers to $15 an hour. But within his own campaign, which unionized earlier this year, tense discussions over pay have spilled out into public view.""

Campaignworkers want their $15 hr .

Not a good look here Bern. 🥺  

Edited by Woolfsmck
like a cat in a sil, I observe life, moving and still. My words give a clue,look inside to see whats true
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 3

Woolfsmck

Bernie responds:

https://amp-usatoday-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/1781581001?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s

"U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders defended his campaign’s compensation package Friday after a Washington Post story highlighted concerns among staffers that they were not receiving the $15-an-hour wages Sanders champions on the campaign trail"

Edited by Woolfsmck
like a cat in a sil, I observe life, moving and still. My words give a clue,look inside to see whats true

JusKeepBreathin

Sarcastic Nick Jonas GIF by Jonas Brothers

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1
  • Sad 1

HorusRa2

Misleading. 

The original agreement was based on a 40 hour agreement. Campaigns (even election workers) tend to work longer hours (special election as an example may mean 10+ hour work days). There is a negotiation being made & that is the purpose of the union. 

Next, there are plenty of salaried people working 50-60 hour workweeks myself included & nobody is calling out employers that function that way now are they? 

This is is just another smear attempt by the media trying to make a normal situation sound dramatic in order to attack Bernie. I’ve worked for a county where the government and the sheriff union fought all year before a collective bargaining agreement was signed (was signed in December and deputies were given retropay all the way back to January of the same year).

it also makes one wonder if the information that leaked to the Wa Po was not somebody working on the Sanders campaign who doesnt really support Sanders was playing the role of the mole. 

Edited by HorusRa2
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 6

JusKeepBreathin

The same people that cry foul at Amazon working conditions will defend Bernie over working his employees. Turning  $17 an hour job into an $8 or $9 dollar an hour job. I wonder how many miles a day these people walk at work.

Edited by JusKeepBreathin
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.
  • Like 2
  • LMAO 1
  • Sad 1

HorusRa2
3 minutes ago, Politico said:

He's not paying STAFF $15/hour?!

Buttigieg's INTERNS make $15/hour... 

You clearly cannot read. 

I look forward to seeing the policies his new Policy Director who so graciously came from his background as a Goldman Sach executive to help Pete figure out what to stand for that will benefit big banks. We stan a corporate democrat vessel. 

Edited by HorusRa2
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

JusKeepBreathin
6 minutes ago, HorusRa2 said:

You clearly cannot read. 

I look forward to seeing the policies his new Policy Director who so graciously came from his background as a Goldman Sach executive to help Pete figure out what to stand for that will benefit big banks. We stan a corporate democrat vessel. 

What about Tad Devine's history with Paul Manafort in Ukraine? 

• Thanks 1

HorusRa2
5 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

What about Tad Devine's history with Paul Manafort in Ukraine? 

Is irrelevant IMO. Bernie is not necessarily privy to everything Tad may have done. What is important is that he is not involved in the current campaign now that what you’re referring to has come to light.

JusKeepBreathin
1 minute ago, HorusRa2 said:

Is irrelevant IMO. Bernie is not necessarily privy to everything Tad may have done. What is important is that he is not involved in the current campaign now that what you’re referring to has come to light.

Irrelevant  :ladyhaha:

Bernie doesn't seem to know how vet people for his own campaign. How is that irrelevant?  

• Like 1

HorusRa2
Just now, JusKeepBreathin said:

Irrelevant  :ladyhaha:

Bernie doesn't seem to know how vet people for his own campaign. How is that irrelevant?  

You’re pointing to one specific instance but he also has a deep history on working on many democratic candidates campaigns in years past. So I really don’t see your point. What is important however is that Pete’s policy director is a former executive of Goldman Sachs, that his campaign takes big donor money and continues to push platitudes and language that gives him plenty of room to backtrack and do literally nothing to benefit the working class of this country. 

Politico
16 minutes ago, HorusRa2 said:

You clearly cannot read. 

a) She is an accomplished woman of color – something the Sanders' campaign is attacking now? – who joined Goldman Sachs* to spearhead their green initiate to advise clients on how to make environmentally-conscious investments. 

b) Idk why you're throwing stones at the senior staff of other campaigns when Bernie's senior staff systematically squashed complaints about sexual harassment. Plus, Bernie said he was "too busy" to notice... hm, choices.  

Do you and Bernie think this is irrelevant too? 

• Love 2

Politico
1 minute ago, HorusRa2 said:

You’re pointing to one specific instance but he also has a deep history on working on many democratic candidates campaigns in years past. So I really don’t see your point. What is important however is that Pete’s policy director is a former executive of Goldman Sachs, that his campaign takes big donor money and continues to push platitudes and language that gives him plenty of room to backtrack and do literally nothing to benefit the working class of this country. 

$3,000 a month is not a living wage, and I think it might be the lowest Organizers are paid out of all 2020 Dem candidates... so ya 

Bernie's entire appeal is platitudes – ones that he'll never have the chance to backtrack on because not a single one of his proposals is passable... so ya 

Woolfsmck
44 minutes ago, HorusRa2 said:

it also makes one wonder if the information that leaked to the Wa Po was not somebody working on the Sanders campaign who doesnt really support Sanders was playing the role of the mole. 

Interesting.. 

Media is gonna play the tube that gets the most hits (readers)

It's a capital thang...

HorusRa2
3 minutes ago, Politico said:

a) She is an accomplished woman of color – something the Sanders' campaign is attacking now? – who joined Goldman Sachs* to spearhead their green initiate to advise clients on how to make environmentally-conscious investments. 

b) Idk why you're throwing stones at the senior staff of other campaigns when Bernie's senior staff systematically squashed complaints about sexual harassment. Plus, Bernie said he was "too busy" to notice... hm, choices.  

Do you and Bernie think this is irrelevant too? 

A—her gender or ethnicity is not a basis for my comments so I don’t understand your emphasis unless it is to suggest I am somehow being either racist or being misogynistic.

B. Not throwing stones. Just pointing out that since you came in to prop up mayor Pete, that he ain’t got nothing to write home about either. 

C. That was a poor response from Bernie and he subsequently took further action. Also, sexual harassment is not unusual or exclusive to the Sanders campaign. Let’s ask Kamala about her own issues in that regard. 

What else do you got?

• Sad 1