Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Favorite song off Joanne and why?

Ronlop

What is your favorite track off Joanne?  

196 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite track off Joanne?

• Diamond Heart
    • A-Yo
    • Joanne
    • John Wayne
    • Dancing In Circles
    • Perfect Illusion
    • Million Reasons
    • Sinner's Prayer
    • Come To Mama
    • Hey Girl (Feat. Florence Welch) or Angel Down

Featured Posts

OpenHeartedMonster

John Wayne because it's so catchy and it gives me good vibes and I like to sing along with it. And I also looove the live performance.

But my first favorites were Perfect Illusion and Million Reasons but I've listened to them too much now. They're still very good tho. And then I also like Dancin' in Circles a lot :D But at this moment John Wayne is my favorite.

You can say Joanne is my favorite album :heart: Those are not even my only favorites :giggle:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HermioneT

Ugh, this is a super hard decision. Some days I just can't listen to Joanne at all and others it's basically almost all of them. The only thing I can say for sure is that it isn't A-Yo  for me:ohwell:

She / hers

Chromatic
27 minutes ago, Lucas said:

It's either Joanne or Dancin' In Circles. Both means an awful lot to me.

Mess, I forgot to explain why these are my favorites, so here goes.

As for Joanne, my grandmother was an artist, but she was also unwell. In the past she had struggled with alcoholism, which later led to a depression, but no matter what, she just kept on creating beautiful art - no matter how tough things got. And that has always inspired me to do the same. That connection Gaga has to Joanne, that's how I feel with my grandmother. There a cord between me and my grandmother's heart. She passed away years ago, but every day I feel her presence, as if there's a part of her that still lives through me.

I love Dancin' In Circles because of my own battle with chronic pain. It perfectly explains that feeling of bittersweet bliss. And also, there's a certain someone in my life, who I can't stop thinking about, when I listen to the song.

witchcocktor

Joanne because her vocals are just something else in that track, and the simplicity is just beautiful. I love acoustic folky songs, I want Gaga to do a folk album! It's just natural progression after jazz and country!

ShayCristoforo

Joanne because as they said it's "Hauntingly Beautiful". Not in the same way as Princess Die, but it's very poignant and evokes some big emotions, while being simple at the same time. At least for me. 

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

melon

hmm tricky, maybe A-Yo or Sinner’s Prayer or PI...  

but honestly I don’t like the album as much as the ASIB OST or her earlier albums so I am very excited for some more pop!

heauxmatica

Pop Music

Grigio Girls has always hit me the deepest on the album and it's my most played gaga song (idk why) but we stan hardcore

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

Schizophonic

what happened to all this love for dancin in circles?

i must say i heard the album a lot but now i dont listen to it anymore really. i´m a bit over it and pi, joanne, sp and diamond heart are the only ones i listen to every now and then.

its my least favourite album and i´m not one of the joanne haters, the other albums just have better songs and classics.

Lilmonzter

The first song that really stuck with on the first listen was joanne it was so sweet and the lyrics were so sincere! The second and the third were hey girl(as a huge florence fan) and  million reasons!:ally:

Sing C'est la vie 

LUCARTPOP

Come To Mama and please don't attack me. :poot: 

It has this very cozy tone to it that I really love, it's like getting a hug in music form. I really love it, especially during the holidays! :kara: 

OMonster

Wow, I'm surprised by some of the picks in here - my perception of Joanne's track-by-track popularity is definitely off :shocked:

Anyway, it's really hard to a favourite... but I think I'd say Diamond Heart. 

In order, for me: 

1) Diamond Heart

2) Dancin' In Circles 

3) Perfect Illusion 

4) Million Reasons 

5) Come To Mama

subtext / fantasy

The Fame

Diamond Heart. I love the message, and also the overall vibe  and melody. The song is so powerful. It instantly rocketed to one of my very favorite Gaga songs ever. 

Andreu

I cant choose

Perfect illusion: such intensity and good lyrics

Joanne: live the lyrics, love the vibe, love the guitar part.

Dancin in circles: the perfect bop

Angel down: sosad and so true ):

All four 10/10 songs

calmar

My personal favorite is A-Yo, because I'm shallow and it's a bop.

However, Diamond Heart is notable as being incredibly personal and autobiographical; Million Reasons for being a major hit and an 'instant classic'; Sinner's Prayer for its complex lyrical storytelling; etc. Each song brings something or other to the table; it's how you prioritize it.

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

Stephen

Oh I'm SO happy Perfect Illusion is winning the poll :nick: It's not just my favorite on Joanne but one of my favorites of her whole discography. I still jam out to it regularly. 

After PI, my second fave would be between MR and Joanne the song, depending on my mood.

Archived