đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Heavy Metal Lover A Filler?

Twitter

Featured Posts

Sepsami
On 7/19/2019 at 7:56 PM, GypsyBabe said:

Sorry, I skip it literally every time. Maybe I should listen to it in full considering I haven't in years. :vegas:

it will be a full rediscovery sis I promise :diane:

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Swallow

I ain't got time to read 12 pages, someone probably already said this : you deserve to be banned for this thread! HML is one of Gaga's best songs.

Es solo una paja entre colegas

gagzus

Yes. 

A lot of fans don’t get that filler tracks are tracks recorded last minute to fill time (which HML was) and don’t match the overall theme or sound of the album (which HML doesnt). I’d argue that it and FOHL are filler tracks but HML is the only 100% obvious one as FOHL at least technically sonically fits with the whole 80s sound of the record and the feel of the sound era she was going for. HML sounds more 90s/00s and has weak vocal delivery and mastering, i also don’t think the auto tune is an aesthetic choice like in SHICD and I think it’s because of how quickly they had to make the track and couldn’t make more vocal layers and stuff. 

Suprisingly when you listen, HML sis literally 90% looped and has the least amount of layers of all the album.

8 hours ago, Swallow said:

you deserve to be banned for this thread! 

Because I asked a question from a debate between friends. :ladyhaha:

Edit: I didn’t expect this thread to last this long. :ladyhaha:

7 minutes ago, gagzus said:

Yes. 

A lot of fans don’t get that filler tracks are tracks recorded last minute to fill time (which HML was) and don’t match the overall theme or sound of the album (which HML doesnt). I’d argue that it and FOHL are filler tracks but HML is the only 100% obvious one as FOHL at least technically sonically fits with the whole 80s sound of the record and the feel of the sound era she was going for. HML sounds more 90s/00s and has weak vocal delivery and mastering, i also don’t think the auto tune is an aesthetic choice like in SHICD and I think it’s because of how quickly they had to make the track and couldn’t make more vocal layers and stuff. 

Suprisingly when you listen, HML sis literally 90% looped and has the least amount of layers of all the album.

This is a good explained answer. 

16 hours ago, Jorget said:

It was. And people were killed in the process. :pawsup:

Definitely learned something new today. 

5 hours ago, Twitter said:

Definitely learned something new today. 

Hope you got my reference. :ladyhaha:

Spoiler

underneath the pine

MelbHawker

It's an absolute gem and anyone who associates the word 'filler' with it is a filler stan; one whose opinions don't count from this point in time onwards x

Swallow
17 hours ago, gagzus said:

Yes. 

What is this.

Tell me you are trolling :saladga:

It doesn't make any sense. HML perfectly fits  on the album and is in the top 5 songs on the album, stop this maddness!

Es solo una paja entre colegas

Didymus
17 hours ago, gagzus said:

A lot of fans don’t get that filler tracks ... don’t match the overall theme or sound of the album (which HML doesnt)

Erm :rip:

That can be said about like every song on that album :emma:

jackoajl

Filler? Guuurl you need Jesus.

My new single #Tregua available on your favorite streaming service

TMM90
On 7/19/2019 at 6:13 AM, Twitter said:

Is the good sis HML a filler song? Discuss.

tumblr_moxisakywX1rges36o1_400.gif

No. Are you?

JustTea

...a filler? :what:

HML was supposed to be the 6th single from BTW  :triggered:

Spoiler

And the answer is obviously: NO :bye:

Lord Temptation
On 7/22/2019 at 8:19 AM, gagzus said:

Yes. 

But the album already had 15+ songs. Filler exists to bulk up a skinny album. Heavy Metal Lover was included for a reason. A good one! :queenga:

Archived