💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Heavy Metal Lover A Filler?

Twitter

Featured Posts

funkmedowntown

No. She performed it New Years Eve, and it's badass as ****. No.

Little Mons✟er

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
derpmonster
1 hour ago, GypsyBabe said:

Add The Queen to that list too. With all of those missing then the album is pure perfection. 

I don't expect this floppage from you :awkney:

Have you heard the heavenly bridge and tempo change of The Queen? You pick that as a filler over FOHL which is literally a rip off of I Wanna Dance With Somebody...

OT: No. It's important to the BTW aesthetic. Electric Chapel and Americano do seem like fillers and Highway Unicorn isn't a great song but it's important to the vision of the album (cover). 

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

GypsyBabe
Just now, derpmonster said:

I don't expect this floppage from you :awkney:

Have you heard the heavenly bridge and tempo change of The Queen? You pick that as a filler over FOHL which is literally a rip off of I Wanna Dance With Somebody...

I always forget to remove FOHL because I forget it even exists. :laughga:

The Queen is like my bottom 10 of all Gaga songs. But the bridge is holy and one of her best. 

⚯͛

Widows Kiss

A song about sex and threesomes on an album like Born This Way? Yes, definitely a filler.

People here mentioning Bad Kids, Highway Unicorn, The Queen and Americano. :wtf: They go perfectly with the Born This Way's theme. Simply disliking a song doesn't make it a filler.

Sorcerer

Sorry but...

tenor.gif

The album won't suffer in any way if HML is not included. That's a filler.

Didymus

It shouldn't be but it is because of the way she handled the structure :noparty:

Didymus

Bad Kids still being the massively underrated discography gem I see :awkney:

nerdfacekillah
2 hours ago, GypsyBabe said:

Add The Queen to that list too. With all of those missing then the album is pure perfection. 

200.gif

If you don’t have any shadows, you’re not standing in the light.

PartySick
2 hours ago, Bio said:

Bad Kids

What

2 hours ago, Bio said:

Highway Unicorn

Is

2 hours ago, Bio said:

Americano

Your problem :wtf:

There is zero filler on BTW, thank you :wtf:

🖤

HoneyB

If you have no taste maybe:coffee:

its a vibe, you need to be in a certain state of mind to truly enjoy HML:pray:

💋 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕐𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕌𝕡💋🍪

Helxig

Absolutely not and how dare you

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

The Z
2 hours ago, Bio said:

Not when Bad Kids, Highway Unicorn and Americano exist :vegas: Love all of the songs but the album would be so much more powerful without them.

2 hours ago, GypsyBabe said:

Sorry but your taste is pure ****, and you need therapy.:oops: I used to like you :cryga:

Oriane

To me a filler is not about respecting the theme of the album or whatever, it's just songs that are clearly there to "fill" the album and make it at a decent length, but whether they respect the theme or not, you can see there isn't as much creativity and inspiration behind it and they just decided to throw it in there because they had nothing else. In that sense, I consider that only The Fame has fillers (Money Honey, I like it rough, Disco Heaven...).

Born this Way (regular version, not deluxe :triggered:) doesn't have any fillers, all of the songs that are included are interesting in their own way, even when they're not really good. Also the album isn't only about loving yourself etc, a lot of the album is about her old life in New York and all those memories, so I don't see how Heavy Metal Lover doesn't fit. Should I make a Born this Way analysis too ? :gum:

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Archived