Stefani Tee
politics

Trump Uses KKK Slogan At Rally

Featured Posts

Marilyn MonHoe

At a rally in North Carolina, US President Donald Trump doubled down on his attacks against four Democratic congresswomen and appeared to invoke a slogan used by white nationalists telling them to 'love it or leave it'.

“If they don’t love it, tell them to leave it" - that was US President Donald Trump’s message about four Democratic congresswomen at a rally in North Carolina, where supporters called for one of four female politicians - who was born overseas - to be “sent back”.

“Let ’em leave,” Mr Trump said of the four women. “They’re always telling us how to run it, how to do this, how to do that. You know what? If they don’t love it, tell ’em to leave it.”

But the ‘love it or leave it’ line is an eerily familiar slogan of the Klu Klux Klan in North Carolina, according to Australian National University US politics expert Jennifer Hunt.

Dr Hunt, who grew up in North Carolina, said the “Love it or Leave it” slogan was used by the KKK years ago when it claimed to be fighting “communism and integration”.

“I remember seeing signs as a child, ‘Welcome to Klan country … love it or leave it,” she told SBS News.

“Many of those good people didn’t leave North Carolina, they worked to improve it. And the white nationalists who remained didn’t relinquish their degenerate slogans and ideas, just their decent place in society.

“But when they’re ushered back in, that threatens the safety of us all.”

Mr Trump’s rally cries came on the back of days of criticism after he told the four women to “go back” to their countries of origin, although three of them were born in America.

When Mr Trump made the “love it or leave it” remark, the crowd responded enthusiastically back shouting, “leave it!”

Dr Hunt said such language would undoubtedly embolden white nationalists.

“They’re being brought in from the cold after a whole generation of being cast out of polite society and now they’re feeling empowered," she said.

“They feed off these messages off the most important office holder on the planet so what he says matters and we should be holding him up to the highest standard.

Dr Hunt said ‘Send her back’ is likely to become the new ‘lock her up’ – the slogan used by Trump supporters in the lead up to the 2016 presidential election, when crowds attacked Democratic rival Hillary Clinton.

“This will be the new chant in place of ‘lock her up’ it will be ‘send her back’,” Dr Hunt said.

“And how Republicans and how the American public responds to that tells us less about Trump, more about ourselves.” 

38932c6e-a81a-4d13-978f-837d427ebf46

Source: https://www.sbs.com.au/news/how-trump-invoked-kkk-slogan-love-it-or-leave-it-at-north-carolina-rally

Edited by Marilyn MonHoe
  • Shook 6
  • Sad 28

M Monstre

He and the people supporting this kind of rhetoric are so stupidly naive. 

Anyone supporting this has no idea or concept of what democracy is and what America stands for. 

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2

PartySick

I still can't get over how he wants these women to do...nothing. They ran on a platform and American citizens elected them based on that platform. We WANT them to make those changes :huh:

"They're telling us how to run it" THAT'S THEIR LITERAL JOB :air:

This creature, I swear

This chicken is lovely, Karen. Please let go of my arm.
  • Like 36
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 3

Marilyn MonHoe

If there were any doubts about whether Trump is a racist or not... this should put it to rest.

• Like 9

Lilmonzter

God I hope he doesn't start a race war before the election but he's egging people on! Well good luck with the orange buffon:awkney:

Je Ne Sais Pas Pourquoi
  • Sad 1

Morphine Prince

Idk if it was on purpose or not but it’s no surprise the KKK and his (Klan) rallies produce the same type of sentiments. 

The friends I've had to bury, they keep me up at night

Pacify Him

Trump paved the way for expressing white power without all the guilt. This will just blow up even more.

I’m getting on your nerves
  • Like 4

FATCAT

He's also used a Nazi slogan "America First".

█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓ This püssy grabs back. █▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓
  • Sad 4

Faysalaaa
24 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

He and the people supporting this kind of rhetoric are so stupidly naive. 

Anyone supporting this has no idea or concept of what democracy is and what America stands for. 

The same applies to the other half of the country that voted for someone like Hilary. They dont know what America stands for and what democracy is. They also supported her rhetoric and crimes while being aware of it. They made excuses for supporting her by naming her the "better of two evils". Atleast Trump supporters dont lie and make excuses for who they voted for. 99% of the country voted for the same thing but different parties, the last people to make fun of Trump supporters are Hilary supporters.

Edited by Faysalaaa
  • LMAO 4
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Batwings

So the current narrative amongst conservatives here in the deeply red Bible Belt is that the liberals/democrats are the REAL racists because they want to make everything about race and that Trump's comments had nothing to do with race and instead were about the congresswomen being anti-American.

I swear, Trump could eat a live baby on TV while praising Satan, and they would somehow spin it to have something to do with Hillary or Obama.

• Like 11

JustinTrudeau

I just don't understand. You can love a country, but not the way it runs, and these congresswoman WANTED to IMPROVE America through passing laws. They were ELECTED to do their job!

It's like saying you love your child but put no work in discipline or good habits like eating vegetables. Do you really love your country if you're shrug and say, "that's just how it's does, deal with it?"

I fell down the stairs once as an actor.
  • Like 3

Quartz

WHITE PEOPLE WEREN'T EVEN THE ORIGINAL AMERICANS. They literally stole land away and killed people. And now they're claiming this land is their birthright or whatever. I can't with white America.

Let's be nice to each other <3
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 2

Faysalaaa
1 minute ago, Quartz said:

WHITE PEOPLE WEREN'T EVEN THE ORIGINAL AMERICANS. They literally stole land away and killed people. And now they're claiming this land is their birthright or whatever. I can't with white America.

All races did the same.. almost nobody lives in their original land.

• LMAO 3
  • Sad 2

ZacharyMark
3 minutes ago, Faysalaaa said:

The same applies to the other half of the country that voted for someone like Hilary. They dont know what America stands for and what democracy is. They also supported her rhetoric and crimes while being aware of it. They made excuses for supporting her by naming her the "better of two evils". Atleast Trump supporters dont lie and make excuses for who they voted for. 99% of the country voted for the same thing but different parties, the last people to make fun of Trump supporters are Hilary supporters.

*eyeroll

stop making excuses for your blatant racism. It’s offensive and disgusting. And actually, Trump supporters DO LIE. That’s basically what Trump’s message is: lying to America.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 13

ZacharyMark
Just now, Faysalaaa said:

All races did the same.. almost nobody lives in their original land.

Really, you need to stop. You damn well know what that user was saying.

• Like 11
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 8