Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Protesting Gaga + Amazon

SissyFromSpace

Featured Posts

SissyFromSpace

Since we're protesting Gaga (people on Twitter, mostly the CashApp Communist gays who beg for money) how about we altogether just protest against makeup first? since literal child slaves are being forced into physical labor to make the makeup plastered on the face of millions of people who buy it. 

and instead of buying new clothes from your favorite stores, how about you just thrift shop? put down the name brand labels and re-wear clothes. From your friends, family, neighbors...

I would go on but this is kinda  a rant. I normally don't get bothered when people "drag" Gaga but this situation just irks me to a whole new level. I'm seeing these gays on Twitter, these feminsts on twitter, these leftists on Twitter (all people who I proudly align myself with) drag GAGA as if she has anything to do with how Amazon treats their workers. Theres PLENTY of super popular jobs (not just Amazon) where people get treated like **** and nothing is going to stop (sadly) even with all this negative attention focused on Amazon...they're still going to be the most successful online shop. Same with Chic-Fil-A. A ****ing fascist runs this country so that should say enough.

to sum up: people attacking Gaga bc of her Amazon deal are full of **** and in many ways support the treatment of abused animals and humans (women and children)

Barbie elitist - Weaboo - Sissy

arrtpop

I can't comment on fast fashion because I have no knowledge on the issue. with mica, there are good ways to get it. this kind is illegal and I'm not going to pretend to be an expert on the topic, but I'm pretty sure there are ways to verify that the mica is coming out of ethical mining rather than child labor. if anyone can prove me wrong please please tell me because as someone who loves makeup and wears it everyday I wanna make sure I'm not feeding into this issue.

to add, the video says that mica is in everyday things as well, not just cosmetics. if someone wants to protest mica as a whole they would have to stop using all of those everyday products mentioned in the video, and I'm assuming theres more that aren't listed. also, there are brands listed in the video that created a "sustainable supply chain" with mining companies so I'm sure that their mica is mined ethically.

aphrodite

beaublue

Yeah... I feel you. The only part of this is the fulfillment aspect which is being carried out by Amazon, other than that I don’t see an issue. It’s not like Gaga is paying sweatshop workers $.54 cents an hour to make her clothing line like Beyoncé is

arrtpop
29 minutes ago, lovedillon said:

Yeah... I feel you. The only part of this is the fulfillment aspect which is being carried out by Amazon, other than that I don’t see an issue. It’s not like Gaga is paying sweatshop workers $.54 cents an hour to make her clothing line like Beyoncé is 🤷🏻‍♀️

wasn't that topshop doing it? and I remember b pulling out of topshop because of their many controversies. and I don't think she sets the prices, but even then she should still change it if she hasn't already

aphrodite

River

It's not like Gaga is the only one selling through Amazon, do you see those people boycotting Apple, Samsung, Nintendo, Sony and the rest of the companies in the world?

You can keep on buying from them, but you can still protest against the way they're handling their employees.

It's the same for every company.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

misunderstood

Faux-Activism is one of the best forms of comedy

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

The consumer habits of regular individuals do not compare to the impact of corporations. It's like the plastic straw dilemma. Yes, of course, we should try not to use plastic straws and everyone should reduce, reuse, recycle their plastics but the true responsibility of reducing plastic waste lies firmly with industry if we want structural change to occur in our lifetimes. 

For example, each fan who bought products from HL probably bought 1 to 10 products. HL needs to ship something crazy like 20k products a day to hit their projections ($75m this year) whereas the average person will never go through 20k beauty products in their life. God,  I wasn't even thinking about all the plastics until now! Please stop making bad arguments that force me to drag her!

Anyway, if Gaga believes so deeply in partnering with Amazon, who is better suited than someone with her immense influence and power to demand meaningful change for her workers?

As SKANK pointed out, she did something similar with Target in 2011.  

LilyLark
2 hours ago, misunderstood said:

Faux-Activism is one of the best forms of comedy

Yep. It's possible to be critical of companies (including Amazon) and at the same time realize it's an incredibly complex situation that requires a nuanced viewpoint and that some of the people dragging them know....very little about how f*cked up most companies can be. One was on here arguing that Nike improved itself, and it's like...um, no they had a ten year good period and then got caught using sweat shops again back in 2017. People on twitter were protesting Amazon with Lion King avis and the irony, sis, made me cackle.

I'll probably get dragged for this as blindly defending Gaga (I'm not, I was actually a bit disappointed she went with Amazon) but it's pretty obvious some politicians who criticize Amazon are not doing it for purely altruistic reasons. Walmart, Target, Disney, Adidas, Apple, and even Starbucks (outside of a few areas/states) all have lower pay while Amazon has a minimum $15 wage in the US. Disneyland just agreed to pay $15 minimum wage but Disneyworld only pays $12. Plus, the working conditions have been exposed as far worse at some of those companies. However, Amazon is probably the biggest force in killing other businesses so politicians have an easier time going after Amazon because they have a lot of enemies on all of the political spectrum. And then, of course, it became the woke de jour cause on twitter for a while.

ladylinners

I'm adding to @LilyLark post. I previously posted a link to the 100 worst ranked companies according to UN standards for human rights

https://www.corporatebenchmark.org

Starbucks, Costco wholesale, and Macy's are all in the bottom. H&M is also on the list. 

What I really don't get is why people are so upset about Gaga partnering with Amazon? Was it the same outcry for her partnering with Starbucks? I didn't see as much negativity when Starbucks doubled donations to BTWF during June. 

Amazon has warehouses in developed countries with labour laws. They are supposed to have safety checks every year and failure to meet standards can be met by charges. There are civil lawsuits pending in the matter of safety standards (I did not double check for any verdicts). 

I get people are upset about workers rights but the double standards is what have me so confused. Where is the same outcry for other companies, such as Starbucks? Why aren't other celebrities being dragged for the same choice of partnering with Amazon? Where is the outcry for other partnership? Was it the same outcry when she did the commercial for H&M? (I wasnt around then so please educate me if there was the same outcry). H&M has been exposed several times for how their factory workers are treated, they have been called out for racist marketing, and animal cruelty for using Chinese angora yarn. 

Workers striking for better conditions is not something new. It has happened for every single field. Safety issues are also not something new. During my last 3 months as a child carer we filed atleast 4 reports of safety issues. My brother works in a paper factory and they had major revamps after an accident when a worker died. Safety issues will always come up as the workplace is constantly evolving and as such new issues will arise. Strikes are part of the system to enforce changes. 

In Sweden we even have a set holiday for labour union demonstrations (1st of May). Of course you can strike all days of the year but the 1st of May is a red day where labour unions annually demonstrate. 

Am I am genuinely curious why people are more upset about Gaga partnering with Amazon than Starbucks and H&M? Tbh I personally find Starbucks and H&M way worse. What sets Amazon apart is that they do not employ workers in developing countries (Amazon is based in developed countries). Amazon is also paying in accordance with minimum pay and in some countries they are the leading industry standard pay.  Safety issues in warehouses are also not exclusive to Amazon. Safety issues should not happen anywhere but they do and that's why you report it and strike if you feel that is the best option for change. 

The GMB union for Amazon workers is not asking people to boycott the company. If you want to make a difference for the workers then ask for change. Dont ask Gaga or Jessica Alba to stop dealing with a company that benefits their companies. Ask them to be aware and ask Amazon to ensure safety standards for their workers. 

Didymus

Those issues are all important though... I say we protest them all in any way we can :emma: None of us can know everything. But why not try to know as much as possible and take positive action?

Like, I was genuinely interested in watching those video's and reading more about them. But then it turns out you're only mentioning these things to make fun of other people. Disappointing tbh.

Wrong things don't make another wrong right and they don't wrong a right either. There are legitimate reasons to criticize Amazon just like there are legitimate reasons to criticize the make-up and fashion industry. I don't see the problem here. I didn't see anyone criticizing Gaga claiming they were the perfect example of how to live life :rip:

Didymus

The people claiming others can only speak out about social issues when they live a perfect life that can't be criticized in any measure are just as dangerous to society as the fake "woke" movement which is making a fool out of leftist political philosophy :smh:

Similarly, this "you can't say anything 'cause look at you" rhetoric is a win for right-wing problem denial that's currently taking over the political landscape :ohwell: So eh... not a fan of these posts. I would've appreciated it if you just drew a general context of bigger problems though. But not like this.

Archived