Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
tech

Viral FaceApp gives Russia your photos and personal data

Featured Posts

HiGagz

kim-kardashian-facepp-cristiano-ronaldo.png?w=1600&h=1600&q=88&f=827acf787f87045fcfc0ef67c0a90206

"FaceApp, a smartphone app that allows users to apply filters onto selfies they upload, has grown in popularity again thanks to a feature that allows users to make themselves look older.

But cybersecurity experts have raised several red flags about FaceApp. It’s made by a Wireless Lab, a small company based in Russia and, according to its terms and conditions, your photos could be used in unexpected ways.

FaceApp’s privacy policy notes its affiliates and service providers “may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world.”"

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/having-fun-using-faceapp-think-again-you-give-up-more-data-than-you-think-with-this-russian-made-app-2019-07-17

The app now owns access to more than 150 million people's faces and names.

Have you downloaded it?

• LMAO 1

VENSAINT

Sheiße! I’ve been using this app to make myself look better for months now. Time to CTRL + ALT + DEL.

• Like 3

Zander

Look forward to stumbling upon my face for fake before and after surgery photos for Epione:Russia :vegas:

• LMAO 2

DeIusional

Clowns.

thats how y’all look rn

give me a reaction or don’t its fine
  • LMAO 4
  • Thanks 1

August3
4 minutes ago, HiGagz said:

kim-kardashian-facepp-cristiano-ronaldo.png?w=1600&h=1600&q=88&f=827acf787f87045fcfc0ef67c0a90206

Off topic but why does Kim Kardashian look so much like Cher in that photo:toofunny:

• Like 3
  • LMAO 5
  • Thanks 1

Pacify Him

Yikes. ‘Snow’ stans are unbothered :vegas:

I’m getting on your nerves

JusKeepBreathin

Damn, I found out about this after I used it.:laughga:

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

neptugne

skksksksksks grossss I hate this sh*t

I used it when it came out like 3 years ago but haven't since god bless

S0436

That old filter was stupid anyway, for starters guys won’t have the same hairline as they have now.  Narcissists thinking they are going to look good when they are 70.

bea arthur blank stare GIF

• LMAO 7

JustifyMyLove

Literally the locals discovering FaceApp 3 years later.... a nightmare 

• Like 5
  • LMAO 5

Felixorfelicia

Rule #1 of the internet:

privacy =\= privacy 

Vampire tingz <3

The Enigmatic

I literally have been using it for a year skfdskfdsf

I am the Messiest GagaDaily Member , The Enigmatic.

Reginald

No one really reads privacy policies. It's a sad fact that if you're using modern technology, your data or info about you has been bought and sold countless times. Free services mean that you are the product being sold to advertisers, essentially.

I checked my google activity and data log last night and I was f***** SHOOK by how detailed the stuff companies track about you is. I literally could see which apps and websites I was using, along with the date and time, from months ago. 

nihilist blues
  • Like 2

Zander

I remember this app got in trouble and had to remove its “Hot” filter because it lightened people’s skin.