Jump to content
Stefani Tee
new video

Beyoncé- Spirit MV

Featured Posts

Adarsh

Wait, aren’t the outfits too similar to Suspiria?

That boy is a monster
  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ziggy

The desert scenes remind me of PYNK's video a little bit especially with the color correction pink. Definitely not a rip-off and if you're going to pull inspiration that's a great video to do it from. This actually made me like the song a bit more. It's still kind of eh to me, but the visual helps.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
doppelganger
4 hours ago, Ziggy said:

The desert scenes remind me of PYNK's video a little bit especially with the color correction pink. Definitely not a rip-off and if you're going to pull inspiration that's a great video to do it from. This actually made me like the song a bit more. It's still kind of eh to me, but the visual helps.

kind of reminds me of this:

 

 

Chromatic ensemble, desert mise en scene. I do like the both videos! 

  • Like 4

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Magneto

I swear; this woman does not play (or age)! Visuals and choreo on point! The song is lowkey a snooze fest, but that's usually the case with these feel good movie songs imo

Free my mind
  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Miel

Okay, Miss B always giving us incredible visuals as of late!

3 points in and ready for more

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Miel
50 minutes ago, doppelganger said:

kind of reminds me of this:

 

 

Chromatic ensemble, desert mise en scene. I do like the both videos! 

Honestly, the videos for this and Don't Touch My Hair are absolutely incredible. Has Solange directed a video for Bey yet? She definitely should!

3 points in and ready for more
  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Govhooka

Dull and boring song. I don't see why it's getting all this Oscar buzz. I hope the Oscars look past it n give it to a more deserving song. I feel like people is only praising this song because it's Beyoncé. 

  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
StrawberryBlond

I really don't think she needed to make a song from a remake of a Disney film all about her and a black empowerment message. It's like, calm down, it's a kid's movie about talking animals, no need to insert egotism or political commentary where it doesn't belong. She should stick to doing that kinda thing on her own work if that's what she wants but to infiltrate onto Disney properties with it is just embarrassing.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Didymus
10 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I really don't think she needed to make a song from a remake of a Disney film all about her and a black empowerment message. It's like, calm down, it's a kid's movie about talking animals, no need to insert egotism or political commentary where it doesn't belong. She should stick to doing that kinda thing on her own work if that's what she wants but to infiltrate onto Disney properties with it is just embarrassing. 

Agreed. The Lion King sells itself, I hate to see her try to smear her face on it :awkney: I mean, it will never work because people genuinely and legitimately won't care, but it frustrates me that she didn't realize this herself :air:

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheBatman

Gorgeous, song is growing on me, prolly not gonna be blasting on repeat but as always she sounds glorious. Love the colorful video and the simple but effective choreogrpahy. One of those videos that makes me like the song a lot more.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
StrawberryBlond
19 minutes ago, Borislshere said:

That ignore button does wonders. 

Was that directed at me? Whether it was or wasn't, we have every right to post our opinions, even if you don't like them.

10 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Agreed. The Lion King sells itself, I hate to see her try to smear her face on it :awkney: I mean, it will never work because people genuinely and legitimately won't care, but it frustrates me that she didn't realize this herself :air:

I thought it would just be footage from the movie. I really don't like "cutaway" videos like this when singers do a soundtrack and make it a plug for themselves personally. They think if they aren't in it, then it can't be regarded as "their" song or something. It can make the video so clunky and awkward and to go from humans to CGI animated animals occasionally looks very strange. Beyonce likes to use any excuse for personal promotion these days, I'm not surprised she was indulged like this. I'd understand it better if she was playing a lead role but Nala isn't even one of the first names mentioned in casting list, so she's clearly getting all this special treatment and attention just because of who she is. Considering Childish Gambino's the lead of Simba, if anything, he should be the one singing the majority of songs and curating soundtracks, right?

Edited by StrawberryBlond
  • Like 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
kyanewest

Gorgeous song 

The crowds are gone. And it's time to wash out the blonde.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Borislshere
12 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Agreed. The Lion King sells itself, I hate to see her try to smear her face on it :awkney: I mean, it will never work because people genuinely and legitimately won't care, but it frustrates me that she didn't realize this herself :air:

I think this is the first time I’ve ever not agreed with you on something :triggered:

the day had to come :bradley:

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...