đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga was wrong to work with Amazon (VIDEO)

HighwayGuy

Featured Posts

PopThatArt

Then order from Haus Labs website not Amazon.

How about taking a looking at where Apple gets the materials to make the iPhone? 

How about taking a look at the conditions of factories where that shirt on your back and pants on your legs, shoes on your feet, tv in your living room were made? 

How about going to walmart and seeing how management treats their staff? 

Go see A Star is Born

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ladey Gaygay

If y'all want to keep criticizing Gaga and bashing people for buying haus beauty while typing on your iphone then you can leave the site:queenga:

STREAM JUICE BY LIZZO

SKANK

"The truth is that I am really just a pop star in disguise. My true passion is activism." - Lady Gaga

If we can't hold her to a higher standard than her peers, in spite of statements like that, how about we hold her to her own standard? When it came to light that Target was donating to anti-gay politicians she publicly pulled her partnership with them. After she pulled out of the deal, Target made amends.

"That discussion was one of the most intense conversations I’ve ever had in a business meeting,” the singer told Billboard.com. “Part of my deal with Target is that they have to start affiliating themselves with LGBT charity groups and begin to reform and make amends for the mistakes they’ve made in the past...our relationship is hinged upon their reform in the company to support the gay community and to redeem the mistakes they’ve made supporting those groups.”

There is no reason she couldn't do the same thing with Amazon.

Renie
3 hours ago, ladylinners said:

I also do not see anyone shaming Jessica Alba for also partnering with Amazon to sell products from The Honest Company. 

If every celebrity would take a stance against workers rights there would be little to no partnering or endorsements. 

If you do not want to support Amazon then don’t buy products from Amazon. if you want to buy Gaga’s make up do it from Haus labs. Business wise Amazon is a smart move for Gaga just as it is for Jessica Alba. Amazon reaches the masses. 

Can Amazon do better as a company towards their employees? Sure they can. So can most other companies.

Think about the choices you make but you don’t have to boycott a company when their union is asking you not to. Amazon is still the workers livelihood. 

I shortened the quote but I hope y’all go back and read @ladylinners post! Hitting so many nails on the head with that one :worship2:

source.gif

As for everyone who has something negative to say in regards toward the Amazon deal, I sure do hope you don’t have a prime account. If you do, I hope you cancel or plan on cancelling. Otherwise I feel it’s very hypocritical for you to say anything at all.

We don’t know what Gaga’s other options were as far as production and sales. They could have been much worse ethically. For all we know going with Amazon was the best option. And to be honest that’s none of our business. Who are we to tell her how to run her company that she’s built from the ground up. As a business woman she shouldn’t have to defend herself from a bunch of nobodies complaining about a company that they probably give money too. 

This is a huge success for her and i hate to see so many people sh*tting on it. Let her have her moment and her joy and let her be proud of this accomplishment. Whether you all want to see it or not it’s a big deal and I’m super proud of her. You should be too. Don’t buy it if you don’t want to, but stop sh*tting on it! :bye:

Magui

You guys say that workers are protesting and doing strikes... So it means that they are talking bringing their issues to media, people can help them by noy buying anything, so there's room to improve. In my country sometimes things like that happen people do strikes too, protest for better job conditions, sometimes they can't get all the results they want, but often the companies discuss and some issues are improved. So to anyone concerned with the Amazon employees, i think there's hope that some negotiations take place and hopefully some issues can be resolved.  Amazon can't be replaced, it's a major company that it's the vehicle to many other business surviving and success. So hopefully there's some kind of agreement that can take place.  Take it on Gaga, seems a tiring discussion. 

TheJoanneJoker
6 hours ago, iAstroLeo said:

People don't seem to care about the health of workers when lining up to buy the latest iPhone or to buy clothes

this

mindless

Lmfaoooooooo and your iPhone is made in pristine conditions with the best human rights score in the world 

Miel

It's a very difficult discussion, especially considering how large a conglomerate that Amazon has become.

As @SKANK mentioned, I feel like if enough attention is brought to her (either she is vaguely unaware of this situation, or hasn't educated herself enough about it), she would do at least something about it.

She holds herself accountable, for the most part. Utilizing language she shouldn't ("r*tarded"), pulling out of Target deals, the R. Kelly situation. 

3 points in and ready for more

derpmonster

I know people are gonna cry snowflake or whatever but it is true. Amazon has awful conditions and we should be respecting their workers' protests. 

6 hours ago, iAstroLeo said:

People don't seem to care about the health of workers when lining up to buy the latest iPhone or to buy clothes

I for one don't have an iPhone (not sure if others are much better) or buy a single Nestlé product despite growing up eating and loving their food because I now know they exploit children and slave labor in countries where they can. 

It's not hypocrisy. I'm sure there are no multinational companies that are truly ethical but we can pick and choose our battles. 

This was a mistake even if she doesn't know about it. Hopefully the Amazon exclusivity doesn't last. 

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

derpmonster
7 minutes ago, Miel said:

Utilizing language she shouldn't ("r*tard")

She did that? :air: let's not bring it up or post videos of it. Who knows how many haters are here.

Anyway, I do agree that she has apologized and grown from a lot of past mistakes. That's what I appreciate about her. 

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Miel
4 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

She did that? :air: let's not bring it up or post videos of it. Who knows how many haters are here.

Anyway, I do agree that she has apologized and grown from a lot of past mistakes. That's what I appreciate about her. 

It wasn't that bad, all things considering. It was the NME interview around after BTW was released, and she was addressing controversies surrounding it. She directly apologized and spoke about it after it was brought up to her, if I remember correctly. 

That honestly might have been the one and only time we've ever heard her utilize any sort of problematic language (and in 2011, the r-word was honestly still super prevalent in every day verbiage, so she honestly might have been fairly ahead of her time).

3 points in and ready for more

bluemonkey

Normally I don’t care cuz hey you gotta make money I understand and when dealing with large corporations, **** like this comes up constantly but it bothers me that she made a big deal about turning away other companies and siding with Amazon because she believes in their values, she needs to not make such big statements, I’m sure her and her team didn’t partner with other companies like Sephora or Ulta because they knew that they would face stiff competition and sephora’s Parent company owns Fenty so of course they aren’t gonna make room or distract from their successful brand. 

illySpencer
9 hours ago, Twitter said:

I knew these kinda videos would surface.

I’m sure Gaga doesn’t know anything about this. 

Actually, she knows but she doesn't care. 

KatieJudasGaga4
2 minutes ago, illySpencer said:

Actually, she knows but she doesn't care. 

How do you know? Did you talk to her?

Shaney

First Gaga endorses Hillary Clinton and now works with Amazon. 

Sis needs to read up.

Archived