What's your favorite album?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite album?

• The Family Jewels
    • Electra Heart
    • FROOT

Featured Posts

Just A Holy Fool

it's super gay, so pretentious even I wanted to claw my eyes and ears out.

not a good place

mine too. the girls were so pushy and thought they deserved to be front row even though they got there when the doors opened.

it was a good show, don't get me wrong but a terrible concert experience even though I got a photo with her and autograph

Ah, yeah pretentious gay not what I am after. The way they did the Toronto show was there is a balcony and that was 19 + VIP, and that's what me and my 3 friends bought, so hopefully it will be less annoying up there....

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, yeah pretentious gay not what I am after. The way they did the Toronto show was there is a balcony and that was 19 + VIP, and that's what me and my 3 friends bought, so hopefully it will be less annoying up there....

you'll be just fine! the show was mostly prepubescent high schoolers. I hope I wasn't that annoying 5 years ago

Have you guys read Marina's new interview with Huffington Post?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/11/marina-and-the-diamonds-beyonce_n_2838354.html

I thought this part was really interesting:

Can we talk about what the hell happened with the original "How To Be A Heartbreaker Video"?
[Laughs] It's so ****ing ridiculous. At the moment in the U.S. they're having trouble getting it on music channels because they say it's homoerotic. And I'm like how rude and how ridiculous is that when girls, we put up with scantily-clad women grinding [in videos] and no one says, "This is totally lesbian and we can't have it on TV!" So I just don't see the problem. I think it's a complete double standard and it's ridiculous.

There also seemed to be an issue with getting it released in the first place. You tweeted that you were told you looked too "ugly" so the record company wouldn't give it the green light. What happened there?
Now that I look back, I think maybe they were just scared of the "homoerotic messages." So maybe it wasn't that but they said -- they didn't say I was "ugly" but they said, "You need some 'beauty work' done." And I asked, "What does that mean?" And they responded, "It looks like some of your skin tone needs to be evened out." And that's fine and totally normal in pop videos, but I said, "You need to give me the budget to do that. You don't tell me in the 11th hour." It's just typical.

It's so ridiculous that HTBAHB is struggling because its video is slightly gay.

It still makes me sad how bad it was at "meet her" after the show in Boston.
There were easily hundreds of people waiting outside, mostly annoying screaming teenybopper girls.
They said she was scared to come out because there were so many people, so when she came out she just signed a few things and scooted right to her bus.
I guess that's what happens when your show is on a Saturday.

Ah, well.. the concert was absolutely incredible anyway, so I can't be too disappointed.
I'll be seeing her in NYC this summer and thinking about going to Boston Calling. I hope her set is somewhat long for Boston Calling, but i'm not sure, so idk. 6 performers for the day and it starts at 1 PM.

It still makes me sad how bad it was at "meet her" after the show in Boston.

There were easily hundreds of people waiting outside, mostly annoying screaming teenybopper girls.

They said she was scared to come out because there were so many people, so when she came out she just signed a few things and scooted right to her bus.

I guess that's what happens when your show is on a Saturday.

Ah, well.. the concert was absolutely incredible anyway, so I can't be too disappointed.

I'll be seeing her in NYC this summer and thinking about going to Boston Calling. I hope her set is somewhat long for Boston Calling, but i'm not sure, so idk. 6 performers for the day and it starts at 1 PM.

at mine her bus was nondescript and like .1 miles from the venue. people were just in a rush to go home and didn't know she'd be coming out I guess. I got all starstruck when I met her and I told her I knew who she was since Mermaid Vs Sailor and she just looked at me like she didn't even remember putting that out

hausofmike

It also made me think about the first line of your song "Sex Yeah" and how you sing "Nothing is provocative anymore." Because of that, stars are forced then to keep going further and further -- especially in what we could call a "post-Gaga era." Everything has been pushed so far, it seems like artists are constantly being forced to consider what they can do next to shock or titillate.

Totally. This is why I love pop culture and I love being a pop artist because you get to discuss things like this. I find it so interesting that after the whole Gaga thing, then comes Lana Del Rey, who does nothing and is completely fascinating! And that really signals a change in the times. And to be honest with you, I think it was a relief for a lot of artists. If that doesn't come naturally to you -- to be constantly provocative -- you don't really feel like you have to do that. The times have definitely changed.

:worship2:

she's doing a bunch of meet and greets/surprise concerts/radio promos in the southern US in the next few days

half psychotic

I would LOVE to see her live but I probably wouldn't be able to afford to go and plus I'd have no one to go with. :(

I would LOVE to see her live but I probably wouldn't be able to afford to go and plus I'd have no one to go with. :(

the tickets were like $20. it's really not too bad

PaperIz

she's doing a bunch of meet and greets/surprise concerts/radio promos in the southern US in the next few days

I entered a contest at a local one. Almost 800 times so I'm praying I can go haha

I entered a contest at a local one. Almost 800 times so I'm praying I can go haha

she's just really personable. I hope you get to meet her

PaperIz

she's just really personable. I hope you get to meet her

me too!! But if I don't, it will be okay. I met her after a concert in December. She went by really fast though and after I gave her a drawing I didn't have time for a picture with her ;c so I'mma get one this time LOL

Archived