Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Makeup tutorial by Gaga and Sarah Tanno on 7/15

ydnmnme

Featured Posts

Didymus
Just now, LVbuttondown said:

Sometimes I think these hardcore fans don’t really understand who they are a fan of. She has made it a point to contradict almost everything she has ever said on some level. She’s made an entire career off being someone no one can ever pin down or predict. Or assume to know. We don’t really know her. We know what she wants us to know about her. She loves EVERYONE. EVERYONE is important and deserves to be loved. That’s it.

Nah. That's not true :emma:

Until like... 2014 there was one thing that was always consistent with her: that she was passionate about music more than anything else. Writing music, creating art. That was always the golden thread. Then suddenly she "rediscovered her true self" or whatever with a bunch of different men (Tony, Murphy, Cooper) and the whole story became confused.

But we were not confused for years on end. That whole self-contradicting thing was never as flagrant as in her post-2014 career. I think you really should distinguish between that early sense of "ok, we don't know exactly who she is but at least we know she's an artist through and through" and the current general confusion about what it is exactly that she's most passionate about. Music? Acting? Singing? I don't know either anymore tbh.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ZiggyZiggs

I will support Gaga in absolutely anything she does, but this HAUS LABS: BATTLE FOR YOUR LIFE thing is really  turning me off lmaooo like I luv u bb just sell your makeup we don’t need to do all this :messga:

everything else I’m all for and I trust her but the battle for your life line is soooo weird to me, what are we battling ma’am :cryga:

Abigail

Some of y’all call yourself fans, but 90% of the time only say negative things about gaga...doesn’t add up

Didymus
5 minutes ago, fabskt said:

I think the point is that it was her choice to wear the makeup, she wasn't forced by society to, she wears it because she wants to. She is still herself even without it, it's a medium to create and explore, kinda like paint on a canvas. She is trying to sell the makeup as a form of expression not necessity. This is what I got from it but I do agree she expresses herself pretty badly tbh. Sometimes it feels like she is contradicting herself

Heh... that's interesting. You might have made an excellent point there because she did speak about the pressure she felt to look like Gaga all the time. Now it could be more of a choice, yeah, could be... thanks, that already cleared something up for me :hug:

Then the only question is: why do we need these products and why can't we apply her fabulous philosophy towards make-up by ourselves? :vegas:

crisTEAne
2 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Then the only question is: why do we need these products and why can't we apply her fabulous philosophy towards make-up by ourselves? :vegas:

to support her :wub:

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

G U C C I
3 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Nah. That's not true :emma:

Until like... 2014 there was one thing that was always consistent with her: that she was passionate about music more than anything else. Writing music, creating art. That was always the golden thread. Then suddenly she "rediscovered her true self" or whatever with a bunch of different men (Tony, Murphy, Cooper) and the whole story became confused.

But we were not confused for years on end. That whole self-contradicting thing was never as flagrant as in her post-2014 career. I think you really should distinguish between that early sense of "ok, we don't know exactly who she is but at least we know she's an artist through and through" and the current general confusion about what it is exactly that she's most passionate about. Music? Acting? Singing? I don't know either anymore tbh.

Its not yours or any fans place to judge where her passions are. She’s the most versatile artist of our generation and yet keeping her tied down to just “music and art” seems to be the only concerns of some fans. She can be just as artistically fulfilled by a business that sells makeup as she can writing another album. All people evolve and grow why is it so bad for her to do the same? And in 2014 and the years before she experienced her highest levels of drug use, was extremely depressed, and went through **** with her management and team that we may never know the full extent of. But sure hold her to things she said back then. And those men helped her see that she was more than her gifts in music and to get off drugs and away from some of the people who she had surrounded herself with. She says tony saves her life and while that may be Gaga sounding extra in some ways she probably really believes that. 

Didymus
1 minute ago, T E A said:

to support her :wub:

To support a rich woman who already has everything her heart desires or not to support a rich woman who already has everything her heart desires... that is the question :vegas:

Nah, I'm (half) kidding. If there's fans out there that love this product and want it to go places I'm glad they can show their support. But yeah, that flag doesn't fly with me :laughga:

1 hour ago, FlopSlurper said:

"for me this is not just about make up, it's about the message we're trying to send to the world"

This feels so wrong and fake, it's almost like she knows what she's doing now doesn't stand with her message about not liking to make money to others etc and so she's trying to convince herself with this :air: I'm trynna send a message by selling you stuff and filling my bank account 

She needs to admit she is doing this for money and stop with the fake message. It's tiring.

Didymus
2 minutes ago, LVbuttondown said:

She can be just as artistically fulfilled by a business that sells makeup as she can writing another album.

Maybe... I don't know, maybe but I can't deny that my head honestly spins when I read that :air: If that's true in her case then I'm happy for her. But a little heads up to her fans would be nice so we can all sort of follow where her head is these days, where her motivations lie.

3 minutes ago, LVbuttondown said:

All people evolve and grow why is it so bad for her to do the same?

Well, because it's not exactly admirable to move from a "I'm such an authentic artist I would rather not buy a cliché home in ****ing Malibu and spend it on creating the most amazing show yet" philosophy to a "lemme buy that mansion and make my shows simpler and simpler" one :emma:

There's nothing wrong with change, but in Gaga's case I'm afraid a lot of her changes have been a move away from values and philosophies that were actually quite unique, inspiring and, well... laudable and respectable in the pop industry. It's a hard pill to swallow for fans who fell in love with those philosophies to see them evaporating slowly. Obviously change would be a lot easier if she started with make-up and fashion lines and then after a few years said "I'm not doing that **** anymore, time to focus on my art" but with Gaga it seems to happen in a reverse mode :rip: That's a little more hard to adapt as a fan who's just here to enjoy that art (like me).

MonsterMom

It has to be hard for her to constantly be held to these things she said years ago. Do you know how many things I swore I would NEVER do and have practically done all of them! She was young and idealistic. People grow up and change. She really can’t win with her fans

voltron92
1 hour ago, River said:

And then you add lipstick and you look so fab

Hide contents

beautiful wide eyed GIF

Spoiler

friday feeling GIF

Cloudbusting
1 minute ago, Didymus said:

Heh... that's interesting. You might have made an excellent point there because she did speak about the pressure she felt to look like Gaga all the time. Now it could be more of a choice, yeah, could be... thanks, that already cleared something up for me :hug:

Yeah I get what your saying . At the end of the day it's your decision on what you want to buy/what can achieve the look you want. It's a double edged sword :lana:

smitherz

y’all are ****ing annoying... acting like your amazon shopping cart won’t be FULL on 7/15. just shut up and enjoy the fact that she’s doing something she’s passionate about 🙄

3 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

I’m sorry, but some of you don’t seem to understand how show business or this make up brand thing works...

First of all, of course she’s in it to make money. I don’t understand why some people think that that’s inherently an evil thing. Everything everyone does is to make money. Her team, label, and probably Gaga herself wouldn’t have launched this if they didn’t think it’d make at least some return. This is a business after all and people rely on income in order to keep their jobs, Gaga included.

That being said, she can also be passionate about this project as well. Some of y’all are saying that this is “too forced” or “inauthentic” when it looks like most, if not all, of it is truly genuine to Gaga. She has been involved with every major step of this brand so far; if she was acting the way she was with her perfume line, I’d understand it. However, she genuinely looks like she’s having fun with this whole process. The two are not mutually exclusive things. You can be passionate about something but also want it to be financially successful.

Lastly, can we stop acting like this whole project is some huge revelation? We’ve known that she was going to do makeup like for months now. Her Vogue 73 Questions interview where she hinted at it was over 9 months ago. Some of y’all are acting like she came up with this yesterday out of the blue. It’s obviously that she’s hinted at it and even 9 months ago she seemed genuinely excited about the project.

I swear, if this venture isn’t as successful as she’d hope it’d be, a big reason will be because of people constantly downplaying her intentions in all this.

...the f*ck? Who cares if her makeup brand only makes [insert ludicrous amount here] at the end of the day? The liability isn't on fans to support her venture capitalism  just because the metrics will look good vis a vis... Rihanna? Kylie Jenner? If this all goes sour, she'll weather the storm with her regular $40 million dollar salary and be just fine.

Archived