Jump to content
Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
society

Only 5 Jews left in Cairo

Featured Posts

Faysalaaa
3 minutes ago, Melech said:

Jews support Zionism because of the antisemitism Jews faced historically almost everywhere 

Because they face antisemitism and historic persecution, they should not support Zionism. Its the other way around.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gov Hooka
3 minutes ago, Ronlop said:

Stopping you right there so you can do your research on how the Jews were mistreated throughout history before 1948.

Blaming it all on "the creation if the Israeli state" is just inaccurate and actually quite awful as you're basically denying its legitimacy for independence. Leave the Palestinian conflict aside, Israel deserved to be created. 

 

They were treated relatively well, when compared to Europe, and coexisted with Muslims and Christians in Egyptian society until the late 1930s, with the rise of Zionism. As to that last point, there is still intense debate as to whether the creation of the Israel state was carried out properly. I don't agree with the Balfour Declaration nor the UN Mandate because it involved only the discretion of the colonial power of Great Britain, who robbed the land of palestine and decided to randomly assign borders. I personally think that the creation of a Jewish state was necessary (as to where and how it should have correctly been created i have no idea) but having a colonial power placing it in a place with a minority Jewish population and creating an ethnoreligious government to displace millions of people was not the way to do it. And still many other will disagree and say that Israel never "deserved" to be created in the first place.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
geopang
32 minutes ago, Gov Hooka said:

this coming from a user who has a tendency to express Islamophobic and racist views. Hilarious selective empathy towards one particular ethnic group... Most GGD users here are smart and aware enough to see through your naive post, at least I hope  

I’m islamaphobic because I recognize that Muslims have been slaughtering Jews and Christians for centuries? I’m arab Myself, so I have every right to speak on my culture. You people love to inject yourself on the affairs of my people without having a clue about the true history.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ronlop
1 minute ago, Gov Hooka said:

They were treated relatively well, when compared to Europe, and coexisted with Muslims and Christians in Egyptian society until the late 1930s, with the rise of Zionism. As to that last point, there is still intense debate as to whether the creation of the Israel state was carried out properly. I don't agree with the Balfour Declaration nor the UN Mandate because it involved only the discretion of the colonial power of Great Britain, who robbed the land of palestine and decided to randomly assign borders. I personally think that the creation of a Jewish state was necessary (as to where and how it should have correctly been created i have no idea) but having a colonial power placing it in a place with a minority Jewish population and creating an ethnoreligious government to displace millions of people was not the way to do it. And still many other will disagree and say that Israel never "deserved" to be created in the first place.

Egypt- The mad caliph Al-Ḥakim (996-1020) vigorously applied the Pact of Omar, and compelled the Jews to wear bells and to carry in public the wooden image of a calf. A street in the city, Al-Jaudariyyah, was inhabited by Jews. Al-Ḥakim, hearing that they were accustomed to mock him in verses, had the whole quarter burned down. 

Groups including the Muslim Brotherhood circulated reports in Egyptian mosques and factories claiming that Jews and the British were destroying holy places in Jerusalem, as well as sending other false reports stating that hundreds of Arab women and children were being killed.

By the 1940s, the situation worsened. Sporadic pogroms took place in 1942 onwards. The Jewish quarter of Cairo was severely damaged in the 1945 Cairo pogrom.

 

Libya- A series of pogroms started in November 1945, when more than 140 Jews were killed in Tripoli and most synagogues in the city looted. The pogroms continued in June 1948, when 15 Jews were killed and 280 Jewish homes destroyed.

Morroco- Jewish communities, in Islamic times often living in ghettos known as mellah, have existed in Morocco for at least 2,000 years. Intermittent large scale massacres (such as that of 6,000 Jews in Fez in 1033, over 100,000 Jews in Fez and Marrakesh in 1146 and again in Marrakesh in 1232) were accompanied by systematic discrimination through the years.

In 1875, 20 Jews were killed by a mob in Demnat, Morocco; elsewhere in Morocco, Jews were attacked and killed in the streets in broad daylight.

Tunisia- Jews have lived in Tunisia for at least 2300 years. In the 13th century, Jews were expelled from their homes in Kairouan and were ultimately restricted to ghettos, known as hara. Forced to wear distinctive clothing, several Jews earned high positions in the Tunisian government. Several prominent international traders were Tunisian Jews. From 1855 to 1864, Muhammad Bey relaxed dhimmi laws, but reinstated them in the face of anti-Jewish riots that continued at least until 1869.

 

Relatively well or not, antisemitism hit the Jews around the world. And yes, also in Africa with the Muslim population. 

You can argue on whether Israel was formed in the best way possible which obviously wasn't the case. Things could've been done better but it wasn't easy. And you also have to understand that the Palestinians were against  any form of creation of the Israeli state and did not compromise.

But that's besides the point. The point is that the Jews reputation around the world is not only a by-product of Israel's creation as they were always persecuted throughout history. Anti-zionism is often hidden behind Anti-semitism. 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Faysalaaa
10 minutes ago, Gov Hooka said:

They were treated relatively well, when compared to Europe, and coexisted with Muslims and Christians in Egyptian society until the late 1930s, with the rise of Zionism. As to that last point, there is still intense debate as to whether the creation of the Israel state was carried out properly. I don't agree with the Balfour Declaration nor the UN Mandate because it involved only the discretion of the colonial power of Great Britain, who robbed the land of palestine and decided to randomly assign borders. I personally think that the creation of a Jewish state was necessary (as to where and how it should have correctly been created i have no idea) but having a colonial power placing it in a place with a minority Jewish population and creating an ethnoreligious government to displace millions of people was not the way to do it. And still many other will disagree and say that Israel never "deserved" to be created in the first place.

Exactly, I am a Zionism if the definition is for Jews to have their own state, but if it means Israel, I am against Zionism.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Faysalaaa
1 minute ago, Ronlop said:

You can argue on whether Israel was formed in the best way possible which obviously wasn't the case. Things could've been done better but it wasn't easy. And you also have to understand that the Palestinians were against  any form of creation of the Israeli state and did not compromise.

You cant claim a land as your land and ask the people of that land to compromise and if they dont, you will take their land. 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
lego
1 minute ago, geopang said:

I’m islamaphobic because I recognize that Muslims have been slaughtering Jews and Christians for centuries? I’m arab Myself, so I have every right to speak on my culture. You people love to inject yourself on the affairs of my people without having a clue about the true history.

 

You are islamophobic because you support and align yourself with known racists and white supremacists, because you love to generalize muslims and it even hurts you when someone says they’re good people so you have to be shady and point only 2 other groups; because you only care about Jewish people when you can blame it all on Muslims and literally no one else;  because you purposely ignore the bloody crusades and the inquisition and Muslims protecting Jews in Ottoman Empire from the Christian Europeans. Because you forget which religion Nazis followed (it wasn’t Islam) so it shouldn’t be mentioned, it doesn’t suit you. Neo nazis are never mentioned as a threat by you, even tho we have several white men who recently tried to bomb synagogues around the world. You are selective and ridiculously transparent. 

It's not easy love, but you've got friends you can trust
  • Like 3
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 5

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ronlop
1 minute ago, Faysalaaa said:

Exactly, I am a Zionism if the definition is for Jews to have their own state, but if it means Israel, I am against Zionism.

It's great that you're up for the Jews to have their own state but truth be told, the world didn't give a **** before 1948.

And like anything in life, the Jews had to fight to get the recognition. 

And also, it's not like it matters too much. Israel is going to stay there and there are already millions of people who were born and raised in Israel and no one should be able to throw them out.

What should be the focus is not blurring Israel's right for independence but rather push forward to have peace negotiations between the Palestinians and Israelis. 

 

  • Like 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
lego
1 minute ago, Ronlop said:

Israel is going to stay there and there are already millions of people who were born and raised in Israel and no one should be able to throw them out

 

but Palestinians are still pushed out of their own land and millions have no right of return for decades and no one gives a ****. 

It's not easy love, but you've got friends you can trust
  • Like 6

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Melech
1 minute ago, lego said:

 

but Palestinians are still pushed out of their own land and millions have no right of return for decades and no one gives a ****. 

Okay but why don’t you say also something about the topic itself? 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Faysalaaa
7 minutes ago, Ronlop said:

It's great that you're up for the Jews to have their own state but truth be told, the world didn't give a **** before 1948.

And like anything in life, the Jews had to fight to get the recognition. 

And also, it's not like it matters too much. Israel is going to stay there and there are already millions of people who were born and raised in Israel and no one should be able to throw them out.

What should be the focus is not blurring Israel's right for independence but rather push forward to have peace negotiations between the Palestinians and Israelis. 

 

Its not the Palestinians problem if the world did not give a **** about Jews.

I think its up to the Palestinians to decide what to do, not me and anything they decide I will be okay with as they are the ones persecuted which makes anything they do in self defense. 

Edited by Faysalaaa

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
lego
Just now, Melech said:

Okay but why don’t you say also something about the topic itself? 

 

Okay? So what I just wrote, it’s ok? Good to know. 

 

It's not easy love, but you've got friends you can trust
  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ronlop
5 minutes ago, lego said:

 

but Palestinians are still pushed out of their own land and millions have no right of return for decades and no one gives a ****. 

Hi Lego!

First of all, it's really surprising to me that your contribution to this thread related to Jews in Egypt is through exposing a member of Islamophobic remarks or by talking about Palestine yet again. So much for compassion for other religions and ethnicities... Shocking really!

But anyways, the Palestinian conflict is complicated and Israel and Palestine both should come forward in order to negotiate peace. How is that related to the fact that Israel is here to stay? 

Lego, Israel is not going to be removed by the map if that's what you wish for. 

Edited by Ronlop
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Melech
Just now, lego said:

 

Okay? So what I just wrote, it’s ok? Good to know. 

 

Okay as in I understand, but you refuse to say anything about the topic itself. You attack one user but don’t say anything about the other one who is justifying persecution. Good to know. 

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Henri Bardot
1 hour ago, geopang said:

Jews are still some of the most persecuted people on earth. People love to be oblivious to it though.

this coming from you? 

hmmm tragic

 

boys don't cry
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  
×
×
  • Create New...