Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

The Lion King’s first Rotten Tomatoes score is in

LateToCult

Featured Posts

LateToCult
22 minutes ago, ReginaGeorge said:

I watched the early screening in my country and even tho I liked it Beyonce’s voice acting is truly awful.. and I didn’t want to mention that on here because I was scared that people would drag me... IDK how to explain it but it’s like you could just hear that she was in the studio reading those lines... It didn’t sound “natural” at all.. She sounded uninterested even in the most “intense” scenes... Movie overall was good tho and I liked it. 

Is Glover’s performance as flat as people are saying? :selena:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JazzGa

Thank God the critics agree with me, I thought I was going crazy for NOT wanting to watch 2 hours of realistic talking animals with no facial expressions

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

Regina George
10 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

Is Glover’s performance as flat as people are saying? :selena:

Well kinda but he always sounds like he's bored so I expected it honestly.. I liked his performance more than Beyonces tho.. Probably because I expected more from her.. 

nikola
31 minutes ago, ReginaGeorge said:

I watched the early screening in my country and even tho I liked it Beyonce’s voice acting is truly awful.. and I didn’t want to mention that on here because I was scared that people would drag me... IDK how to explain it but it’s like you could just hear that she was in the studio reading those lines... It didn’t sound “natural” at all.. She sounded uninterested even in the most “intense” scenes... Movie overall was good tho and I liked it. 

That's what happens when you cast someone just because they are famous without checking if they had any talent for the job that you are hiring them for. They hired her because she is famous and because she can sing...  But she is awful voice actor... Miss thing should just stick to singing songs written for her in writing camps

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

JazzGa
52 minutes ago, ZacharyMark said:

Moana, Zootopia, Wreck it Ralph. future films like with Pixar's Onward, Soul, another Disney animation coming next year. 

Y'all can't be mad knowing that Disney is a business currently on a path that is guaranteeing them tons of money at the box office with these other remakes too.

These are all Pixar movies and Pixar studios has separated from Disney animation studios significantly in the last 10 years. And yes, I can be mad that Disney isn't creating original content and keeps reheating leftovers for money. Because I don't wanna eat leftovers. And I don't give a fuk how much money Disney is making.   Profits aren't an excuse for crap artistry in my opinion. 

DeleteMyAccount
6 minutes ago, Satans Ex Wife said:

These are all Pixar movies and Pixar studios has separated from Disney animation studios significantly in the last 10 years. And yes, I can be mad that Disney isn't creating original content and keeps reheating leftovers for money. Because I don't wanna eat leftovers. And I don't give a fuk how much money Disney is making.   Profits aren't an excuse for crap artistry in my opinion. 

Those aren't all Pixar films.... Like come on.. and Pixar and Disney are closer more than ever with the integration of the theme park lands coming about.  

Disney IS creating new content. They're literally creating stuff right now for theatrical release and Disney+.  Just not at the same rate as say the 90s or 00s. And I'm not surprised due to the amount of new names they've added to their company including Marvel and Lucasfilms. As a business they can't just pull out something every week. It's a strategy and unfortunately for some that means having to put focus on the remakes and live action films due to demand. Especially with Pixar releasing more frequently now it gives even less time for Disney to put out other animation films. Again, the business side is a lot more constricting than people think. So please don't swear at me.

JazzGa
4 minutes ago, ZacharyMark said:

WhThose aren't all Pixar films.... Like come on.. and Pixar and Disney are closer more than ever with the integration of the theme park lands coming about.  

Disney IS creating new content. They're literally creating stuff right now for theatrical release and Disney+.  Just not at the same rate as say the 90s or 00s. And I'm not surprised due to the amount of new names they've added to their company including Marvel and Lucasfilms. As a business they can't just pull out something every week. It's a strategy and unfortunately for some that means having to put focus on the remakes and live action films due to demand. Especially with Pixar releasing more frequently now it gives even less time for Disney to put out other animation films. Again, the business side is a lot more constricting than people think. So please don't swear at me.

I can swear if I want lol.  If we're gonna tell each other what to do, I'll counter your "don't swear at me" with  "don't tone-police me." All I'm saying is that it's a valid criticism to wish Disney did more original features and less sequels and reboots. I don't know why you're putting so much energy into defending Disney. Me and one other user just wanted to express our desire for less sequels and reboots and you're arguing like we are bad for holding such an opinion. 

Glittertinks

For the Disney / Pixar animation debate: Both studios have new heads (Jennifer Lee who Co wrote Frozen and Pete Docter who created Inside Out) and at least here its save to say that in the animation branch they will continue with original ideas, because both heads are more here for Creativity and not the money. 

Rudz Xinc

Aladdin is great. Everybody that I know who watched it enjoyed it as well. I don't know what the critics are smoking.

Look at those clowns

Jadeykins

the lion king is my favourite film of all time so i kinda wanna see it but also think it might trigger me because it's all different.... james earl jones being mufasa again is the only thing i'm really curious about 

Zander

Adaptations (and more so live actions remakes) never seem to be critically well received and always have a luke warm rating around 60%, which isn’t bad... but watch it stay there like most of them do. It’s just a easy nostalgic money maker for Disney and that’s not a bad business model because while there’s demand for it and are grossing a certain amount it will carry on. Plus they also put out 2+ original films a year.

Archived