Stefani Tee
politics

Merkel suffers third shaking bout in a month

Featured Posts

Melech

German Chancellor Angela Merkel appeared to shake uncontrollably for the third time in a month during Finnish Prime Minister Antti Rinne's visit to Berlin Wednesday.

Footage shows Merkel trembling through the German national anthem during a welcome ceremony for her Finnish counterpart.

Merkel later claimed to be "fine," according to Sky News. "People don't need to worry about me," she said, in a news conference after the event.

It is the third time in a month the German chancellor has been spotted trembling in public, after shaking through a reception for Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy on June 18 and a meeting with German President Frank-Walter Steinmeier on June 27.

Her office has not commented on the state of her health.

Merkel is due to stand down as German chancellor at the end of her current term in 2021.

https://www.politico.eu/article/angela-merkel-suffers-third-shaking-bout-in-month/?fbclid=IwAR11VvJP199cjInLjR8YRqEGCbmHg78zKFd-uXKX3xhDsIbj9oyNVCDlzqo

• Shook 1
  • Sad 2

Morphine Prince

It’s so obvious she probably has Parkinson’s disease or something similar. 

The friends I've had to bury, they keep me up at night
  • Like 4

Melech
7 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

I honestly think it’s Diabetes. 

ChromeAngel

She’s definitely unwell. Why won’t she admit it, though? Will that effect some future election or somthin?

kyanewest
13 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Yeah, it reminds me a lot of my grandpa. He used to shake like that and he had parkinson also alzeihmer :( it's really sad i hope it's not that serious for her but she needs to retire, she cant continue until 2021 

Dr Dre don't just stand there, operate!
  • Sad 1

Melech
2 minutes ago, ChromeAngel said:

She’s definitely unwell. Why won’t she admit it, though? Will that effect some future election or somthin?

If she steps down news elections are given and the current parties in the government (CDU and SPD) would lose a lot votes, that’s why both parties, especially CDU, don’t want new elections because they probably won’t be biggest party anymore and the next the chancellor of Germany wouldn’t be from CDU.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

AlexanderMagno

This is definitely not normal.

But it's really hard to say what might be causing it from the footage.

I noticed she only shakes when she's quiet, and the tremor quickly goes away once she starts walking. But she walks completely fine, no slow walking, the tremor is not really continuous... Parkinson's looks very, very unlikely.

It's most likely a natural aggravation of a normal tremor, or anxiety (you know when you start thinking too much about not doing one thing, and that makes you do it? Who knows, she probably got a little nervous after the first shaking and now everytime she's in a similar situation she can't control it), or a metabolic disease. Nothing from the videos can make us guess it's neurological.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

RAMROD

Is she unwell?

Hope she feels better soon.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ♥ We ♥ Are ♥ Not ♥ Your ♥ Kind ♥

SEANGT

i thought she was done sooner than 2021...she announced she wasn't running SO early on. That's weird. 

Mr V

OMG I hope she's fine. I was already a bit worried after the second time. I don't want her to step down before 2021 :nooo: the elections would be a grand mess :bradley:

Melech
22 minutes ago, Mr V said:

OMG I hope she's fine. I was already a bit worried after the second time. I don't want her to step down before 2021 :nooo: the elections would be a grand mess :bradley:

No it wouldn’t. The Green Party would become the strongest party. 

The right party would only be the fourth largest party 

Mr V
1 hour ago, Melech said:

No it wouldn’t. The Green Party would become the strongest party. 

The right party would only be the fourth largest party 

Yeah true but the greens won't have a clear majority and will need a coalition, not sure how that's going to work out. Most possible would be the Jamaica coalition, which may be the better option. 

Oh and I'm not worried about the right Afd. :lolga:

Melech
10 hours ago, Mr V said:

Yeah true but the greens won't have a clear majority and will need a coalition, not sure how that's going to work out. Most possible would be the Jamaica coalition, which may be the better option. 

Oh and I'm not worried about the right Afd. :lolga:

Or Green-Red-Red or Black-Green

coaltions are normal in Germany.