❤︎ OUT NOW! ❤︎
opinion

I'm Glad Gaga Isn't...

JohnWayne92

Featured Posts

JohnWayne92

An artist that does a lot of features. 

Example and meaning - 

I hear a lot of Halsey on the radio, but it ends up being a lot of features and collabs. It's not a solo discography that she can just pull out whenever she wants for a performance because it would be missing another artist usually. Which could be problematic for tours and what not. Also, as a fan/stan. I would hate not having Gaga matieral that is solely hers. Does that make sense? 

How do you guys feel about the topic?

giskardsb

Features are mostly a pop industry cross marketing scheme and rarely provide any actual artistic value to a song, especially random rap features that are completely lyrically independent. Best avoided unless the song is specifically a collaborative duet.  

OpenHeartedMonster

I agree with you! I feel like doing collabs would just slow Gaga. Especially when making Joanne, the tracks where autobiographical so it made sense that there was only one collab.

Gaga has so strong will and thoughts about her music that I feel making compromises would be not problematic but you know what I mean... harder I guess

OMonster

I agree, wholeheartedly. 

There is something special about Gaga dominating her own discography - musically and visually. It has allowed for her to feel unique, and almost 'separate' to other pop-stars... which is why she's been able to carve out her own space in the music world - a hybrid of pop, edm, jazz, country and rock. 

The Half Time show is a great example of the power in her singularity. When she performed totally on her own that night, it felt so triumphant, so powerful and so 'her'. 

I think Gaga is a 'one-off' kind of artist, which is why she works so well on her own in my opinion. 

subtext / fantasy

LUCARTPOP

I love collabs if they make sense. But if it's for example Lady Gaga feat. A$AP Rocky.. no ma'am.

I do however enjoy DJ collabs like Major Lazer feat. Lady Gaga, or female collabs like Beyoncé feat. Lady Gaga. The rest not so much. 

davflz

100% agree

I'm not against collaborations, but I'm very happy that the vast majority of her discography can stand on it's own.

I'm also very happy that she is very selective about the few collabs she does and that she (almost) never just puts someone on a song for clout unlike everyone else

giskardsb
7 minutes ago, HighwayGuy said:

I'm still not over the fact that JnD happened :rip:

I still think someone at the label was pressuring for a collab and Gaga was like “fine, hold my beer...”

JohnWayne92
2 minutes ago, giskardsb said:

I still think someone at the label was pressuring for a collab and Gaga was like “fine, hold my beer...”

I loves me some JND but this sounds 100% correct lol

JohnWayne92
19 minutes ago, OMonster said:

I agree, wholeheartedly. 

There is something special about Gaga dominating her own discography - musically and visually. It has allowed for her to feel unique, and almost 'separate' to other pop-stars... which is why she's been able to carve out her own space in the music world - a hybrid of pop, edm, jazz, country and rock. 

The Half Time show is a great example of the power in her singularity. When she performed totally on her own that night, it felt so triumphant, so powerful and so 'her'. 

I think Gaga is a 'one-off' kind of artist, which is why she works so well on her own in my opinion. 

I low key wanted Beyonce to pop up for Telephone, but I'm so glad that she didnt. It's like you said. It was a triumphant moment of HER. 

JohnWayne92
19 minutes ago, Steve Harrington said:

I love collabs if they make sense. But if it's for example Lady Gaga feat. A$AP Rocky.. no ma'am.

I do however enjoy DJ collabs like Major Lazer feat. Lady Gaga, or female collabs like Beyoncé feat. Lady Gaga. The rest not so much. 

Right. I'm fine with the thought if doing something like that in her free time, in between albums or something. I'm just glad that isnt her form of being a pop star. A few collabs an album is totally fine with me too. I would just hate to be like, "omg I love Gaga, I'm seeing her live," and then when she performs all of the songs I like she doesnt play because they are collabs and what not. 

Pacify Him

Yeah features are so uncreative unless you’re Lana

I’m getting on your nerves

I honestly hate pop collaborations, they never make sense anymore except for Me! And they’re just really weak in my opinion, like the main artist can’t do or write the other half of their song :/

Andreu
27 minutes ago, giskardsb said:

Features are mostly a pop industry cross marketing scheme and rarely provide any actual artistic value to a song, especially random rap features that are completely lyrically independent. Best avoided unless the song is specifically a collaborative duet.  

Exactly this, in pop/singers music features rarely add something  to solo tracka other than a wider commercial appeal.

Collabs between rappers, producers or different types of artist can offer someone new. I actually do think pop girl + rapper is a great formula, even tho 90% of the times its used as a filler.

Archived