💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Disney’s Freeform claps back at racists against Halle

Kimmo

Featured Posts

TMM90
7 hours ago, illySpencer said:

Not really. We pissed off because Disney uses the Little Mermaid to make it political when it shouldn't be. If Disney, changed all their live action movie, it wouldn't be a problem, but they never did that. They never change the color of the skin or the ethnicity of their princesses in the past. They do it not for no reason, maybe to be cool (or maybe because of Beyonce !).

That's not fair, ppl like me waited for decades to see Ariel in real life, to have the chance to see an actual movie with a mermaid under the sea, because it dooesn't exist. Yes, there are plenty of Cinderella, Snow White and Alice, but there is only one Ariel (because her name and her red head belong to Disney) and there will have no second movie about Ariel, so ppl like me will certainly die before they make another one again. That is the sad thing in that story.  

Wow, you come off as very selfish.

boohoo, your white mermaid is a black one now. Your world must have been destroyed. 

:bye:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TMM90
6 hours ago, Felixorfelicia said:

Wait what do black slaves have to do with ariel? She doesn’t even live in denmark 

ppl take it too far :laughga:

Maybe you should read back the comments before you comment/quote someone else.  

TMM90
23 minutes ago, August3 said:

How come I have never heard of them then? Anyway being born in Denmark does not make you an ethnic dane. 

What does?

gagzus

We pissed off because Disney uses the Little Mermaid to make it political when it shouldn't be.

You’re just proving my point though, how come when a PoC or LGBT character is cast it HAS to be political? Perhaps she- you know, auditioned like everyone else and Disney found her to be the better actress and embodied Ariel, which physically and vocally she absolutely does she has Ariel’s facial features pretty much and has the same range as Jodie Benson has with better control. 

If Disney, changed all their live action movie, it wouldn't be a problem, but they never did that.They never change the color of the skin or the ethnicity of their princesses in the past. They do it not for no reason, maybe to be cool (or maybe because of Beyonce !).

This is incorrect the first ever Disney live action adaptation of it’s classics was Cinderella in 1997 with a racially diverse cast co-produced by Whitney Houston with Brandy- a black woman, as Cinderella, and the film is objectively better than the 2015 film. The film got a lot of backlash for having a black lead, just like this one is getting. It has absolutely nothing to do with reinterpretation or “Beyoncé” and everything to do with racism- the Disney cartoon version is literally set in the Caribbean without a single PoC besides Sebastian’s voice actor anyways which automatically makes the cartoon already less accurate than this version so far. If anything the casting we SHOULD be complaining about is Ursula, because Melissa absolutely does not embody nor has shown in her acting ability the depth to embody Ursula’a character, she should’ve been played by a Drag Queen easily since she’s based on Divine and was meant to be voiced by him but he sadly died before the movie was made.

That's not fair, ppl like me waited for decades to see Ariel in real life, to have the chance to see an actual movie with a mermaid under the sea, because it dooesn't exist. Yes, there are plenty of Cinderella, Snow White and Alice, but there is only one Ariel (because her name and her red head belong to Disney) and there will have no second movie about Ariel, so ppl like me will certainly die before they make another one again. That is the sad thing in that story.  

Well if you wanna see a white Ariel, watch the cartoon or look up other iterations of it, Halle can easily wear a wig or die her hair red it’s pretty easy so that’s that off the table- like how Sophie Turner isn’t a redhead but in GoT and Xmen she is, it isn’t hard.

And also Disney is literally now a money making corporation that capitalises on nostalgia and is buying up almost every Hollywood studio there is, like... there’s a reason they no longer make original stories anymore, even their newer stories after TPATF are Pixar animations not Disney ones, you’d be a fool to think they’re NEVER gonna make another adaptation again, when the next generation comes in the next few decades and their classics have a resurgence in popularity, they probably will make another adaptation.

Finally, I just wanna say; controversy alone is gonna make this popular and black children and their families will finally get to see themselves represented from their childhood classics, so we can easily assume they’ll make a sequel loosely based around the direct to VHS sequel with Ariel’s daughter Melody. So there’s gonna be more PoC representation in that sequel and hopefully it opens up a door to show you don’t need 100% white casting to make a good movie (even though Black Panther already proved that as the only Marvel film to ever get Oscar nominations).

Queen Bitch
27 minutes ago, TMM90 said:

What does?

I guess having ethnic danish ancestry. Being born in Denmark just means your nationality is danish. 

Danjajr
10 hours ago, Azor Ahai said:

Approximately 5 thousand black slaves lived in Denmark in 1778. 

Are the mermaids based on those black slaves? Just asking though

Why do they have to cast this girl? This Halle Perry looks like Ariel's evil sister, this girl straight up looks evil. She looks like she wants to kill Triton to rule the 7 seas.

Personally, I know she is kinda old for the role but I would prefer someone like Zoe to play the character

Most-beautiful-black-women-1.jpg

TMM90
35 minutes ago, August3 said:

I guess having ethnic danish ancestry. Being born in Denmark just means your nationality is danish. 

so when someone of color has their roots in denmark and his/her family has been living in denmark for generations, do you still see them as foreigners?

Azor Ahai
8 hours ago, Felixorfelicia said:

Wait what do black slaves have to do with ariel? She doesn’t even live in denmark 

ppl take it too far :laughga:

I'm just saying that historically black people lived in Denmark during that period, even if it was an extreme minority. 

I don't even think the movie will have anything to do with Denmark, but even if it was set there, black Danish people exist.

Varys
1 hour ago, August3 said:

How come I have never heard of them then? Anyway being born in Denmark does not make you an ethnic dane. 

Well being a half fish living in the ocean doesn't make you an ethnic Dane either :trollga:

Banned 04/19/2020 - 04/19/2020

Hybrid AT
17 minutes ago, Danjajr said:

Are the mermaids based on those black slaves? Just asking though

Why do they have to cast this girl? This Halle Perry looks like Ariel's evil sister, this girl straight up looks evil. She looks like she wants to kill Triton to rule the 7 seas.

Personally, I know she is kinda old for the role but I would prefer someone like Zoe to play the character

Most-beautiful-black-women-1.jpg

What the hell? That's incredibly offensive. What gives you the right to say somebody looks 'straight up evil' ? Plus you didn't even write her name correctly, presumably on purpose just to show your hatred for her. Disgusting.

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

Felixorfelicia
1 hour ago, TMM90 said:

Maybe you should read back the comments before you comment/quote someone else.  

Sorry? I did. I was just saying it’s far fetched to start about how there were black people in Denmark when Ariel wasn’t even from there 

jeez 

Tease it to Jesus

Felixorfelicia
32 minutes ago, Azor Ahai said:

I'm just saying that historically black people lived in Denmark during that period, even if it was an extreme minority. 

I don't even think the movie will have anything to do with Denmark, but even if it was set there, black Danish people exist.

Yeah i know what you mean, but like you say, since she’s not a Dane nor a human that doesn’t matter 

Tease it to Jesus

Itsbrenda

Some of the comments in this thread are so toxic, gross. 

I don’t give a F if she is white,black or blue as long as she is a great actress! 

I don’t usually care for these live action Disney movies but Aladdin peaked my interest and seeing what Disney is doing with this one get me hyped. Can’t wait 

RAMROD

Damn! Chopped, stir fried and served. What a great dish that was! :diane:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Archived