Featured Posts

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Married the Night

Nicki clearly rode Gaga’s wave back in the day lmao

Stephen
4 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

Ssrly what is wrong with the big fan accounts that post fake sh*t and graphics like this—it's like they want to start fights with other fanbases and get Gaga dragged. Fans on twitter should call them out for this bullsh*t, but they won't. Even if this was real, you think people would know better than to post this because it could get Gaga dragged....

For once Gaga's fans are being seen as...not the worst...compared to how messy Taylor and the Beyhive have been lately. But I can absolutely see this arrogant dumb tweet/graphic getting someone to make a viral snarky comment on it about Gaga and Madonna or Grace Jones and how delu stans can be smdh.

Um those graphics ARE real :air:  what is fake about it? Also those exact graphics have been around for years, like even before ARTPOP era. It's nothing new.

LilyLark
Just now, Married the Night said:

Nicki clearly rode Gaga’s wave back in the day lmao

More like Lil Kim to be honest with a sprinkle of Gaga and Grace Jones—but yeah, fans really need to let it go. Nicki thrives off attention, the article isn't at all what she made it out to be, and that graphic is fake, arrogant, and dismissive. little monsters really don't need to give her ammunition to call the fanbase problematc.

TheRoof
9 minutes ago, sipthistea said:

Where's the tweet? :oprah:

4 minutes ago, Rainbow1 said:

Katy and Gaga both debuted in 2008 so her being there doesn’t make sense

it made sense that Katy's TD era was more eccentric aesthetically than her pop rock debut because of gaga influence tho.

River

She made her way to the top for 10 years after pushing away and dragging all the female rappers, female rap pre-Necki was so much better, amazing songs, awesome verses and features, legends like Missy, Eve, Faith, Kim and others were dominating, they were united and supporting each other.

I'm tired of her victimizing herself, she's like those bullies at school that hit you all the time and when you hit back they are crying and running to the teacher..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Married the Night
Just now, LilyLark said:

More like Lil Kim to be honest with a sprinkle of Gaga and Grace Jones—but yeah, fans really need to let it go. Nicki thrives off attention, the article isn't at all what she made it out to be, and that graphic is fake, arrogant, and dismissive. little monsters really don't need to give her ammunition to call the fanbase problematc.

The exorcism was for sure inspired by Gaga.

Gaga pulled from others but brought it into the mainstream. It worked for her so well that others like Nicki followed. 

LilyLark
Just now, Stephen said:

Um those graphics ARE real :air:  what is fake about it? Also those exact graphics have been around for years, like even before ARTPOP era. It's nothing new.

LOL  I mean those graphics weren't in a Billboard article. By posting it that way in the tweet, they are sort of insinuating the graphics were in Billboard (although anyone would common sense would see that they were made by some stan). Oh I know this dumb stan ish has been around forever, but it's just asking for the other fan bases to get riled up and drag Gaga.

robbiemalik

Nicki swears she invited colorful wigs when Lil Kim did it before her, then always want female rappers to kiss her ass because of her achievements, like nobody is obligated to consistently praise you sis. 

Fish
42 minutes ago, GirlHeyGirl said:

She carried the female rap genre on her back for almost 10 years and now people are trying to diminish her accomplishments. She has every right to feel how she feels. 

no, she has an attitude and humility problem. very simple. 

Mister G
11 minutes ago, Glamourpuss said:

Being a black female, she may have paved a path for others to follow her. But everything she did was inspired by Gaga or copycatted. She's never acknowledged Gaga's existence once or thanked her for being an influence. Nobody had the balls for a long time, to be weird or different until Gaga came along. Do you think Nicki would have had the balls if Gaga hadn't come first?

I can remember her first red carpet debut like it was yesterday and I can remember Gaga's. I can remember when they both had their break out hits. I remember what hair and fashion was like for celebrities and normal people before either of them became famous and I remember what it was like afterwards. 

And let me tell you who changed everything when they came onto the scene... It was Gaga! Nicki can stand up for her art all she wants, I don't like her but respect that. But she did not do anything ground breaking. 

What's up with her anyway? Why is she always so bitter?

Let’s not forget how she took the same approach with Roman Reloaded by making it multi-genre between Hip-Hop, Rap and then Pop...kind of how Gaga did multi-genre  with Born This Way between the Electronica, Dance, Rock and Pop. 

Even before these comparisons started, I always felt Nicki was inspired by Gaga especially when she rocked the multi-colored wigs with bangs.

LilyLark
Just now, River Phoenix said:

Literally no mention of Nicki... like AT ALL.

Yeah, that's what I meant...like she completely twisted the article around, inserted herself when she's not even mentioned, etc.— based off how a stan twitter account misrepresented the bulk of the article (it's not even about Gaga really) and posted that stupid graphic (like I love Gaga, but that graphic is arrogant and dismissive of other artists and was created to spark stan fights...not that other stans don't create the same type of BS).

Anyone would common sense would realize that stan accounts often take stuff out of context or make ish up...and that the graphic was obviously not in Billboard and was created by some "graphic design is my passion" type of stan....but Nicki's been lacking common sense lately. It could be that she just though the media was being dismissive of Black artists again and ignored the obvious stan angle....but I'm going go all tin foil hat and this vaguely makes me think she realizes it is not real but is hoping to provoke the little monsters into attacking her, based off the sympathy people have gotten for being attacked by the Beyhive and Swifties.

robbiemalik

Now Nicki is upset that Megan The Stallion didn’t include her as one of the best MC’S sdkskdks let it go Nicki. 

Archived