Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Sia responds to Swiftie’s “blackface” accusations

Kimmo

Featured Posts

Clarence

am i the only one on here who thinks the stans are absoulutely crazy? yall are trying to cancel whole artists for something you dont even know about. and for something that really isnt that big of a deal. yall go from stanning someone to calling them trash and cancelled because of who in this petty messy case theyre supporting. Yall are REALLY TRYING TO CANCEL SIA OF ALL PPL??!!!!! SIA!!!! yall are CRAZY. get off the internet. this is toxic stan culture to the T.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ANTI WP
1 hour ago, MANiCURE 6 said:

Stop the drama. Start the music.

Bish where is the LG6 ? 

geusst1235
20 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

Sis has been really getting on my nerves the last few years and truly this is the final straw :excuseu:

That blackface thing is abhorent. And coming from Australia makes it even worse, the history of blackface there means she knew what she was doing...but she didn’t care coz she all THAT :fthis:

It wasn't blackface jesus christ. She was using it to blend in with the stage background. Stop trying to find drama and racial tension where it doesn't even exist. Context people, learn how to fact check something before you go spouting drivel.

Chic

Since black is the darkest hue, isn’t it 100% necessary to use in order to blend someone into darkness? I’m certain that’s an art form

Lord Temptation
3 minutes ago, HangWang said:

It wasn't blackface jesus christ. She was using it to blend in with the stage background. Stop trying to find drama and racial tension where it doesn't even exist. Context people, learn how to fact check something before you go spouting drivel.

Sweetie i am from Australia and there are PLENTY of bogans here who defend any form of blackface, saying it has nothing to do with America, has nothing to do with race, has nothing to do with slavery, oh it’s only comedy etc. It’s a very explosive topic that flares up every now and again when mainstream networks show ANOTHER blackface performance. The issue is well known and always makes the headlines. So for her to even partake in such a performance, in the USA, is real bogan arrogance at it’s worst. She is a smart woman. She knew. 

geusst1235
14 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

Sweetie i am from Australia and there are PLENTY of bogans here who defend any form of blackface, saying it has nothing to do with America, has nothing to do with race, has nothing to do with slavery, oh it’s only comedy etc. It’s a very explosive topic that flares up every now and again when mainstream networks show ANOTHER blackface performance. The issue is well known and always makes the headlines. So for her to even partake in such a performance, in the USA, is real bogan arrogance at it’s worst. She is a smart woman. She knew. 

Just because someone put on black face paint, does not mean that it was meant to hold any sort of racial purpose or whatever. It's not automatically racist to do either, and CAN easily be explained by her trying to blend in with the background since literally the rest of her body is painted that way too. Again, you can't go spouting **** like oh this is 100% blackface and is absolutely meant to be disrespectful. I see absolutely no reason why someone else can use a simple face paint color IF the purpose was purely art related and had nothing to do with race. That is what is happening here, unless you also want to complain about someone like Marilyn Manson doing it yet hes LITERALLY supposed to look like Mickey Mouse. I will say it again, just because someone is wearing black face paint does not mean that it is supposed to be offensive. People need to understand that and actually look at the context instead of blindly hating which is incredibly toxic and blatantly immature behavior.

Mm_mickey_03.jpg

Serial Chiller
40 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

Sis has been really getting on my nerves the last few years and truly this is the final straw :excuseu:

That blackface thing is abhorent. And coming from Australia makes it even worse, the history of blackface there means she knew what she was doing...but she didn’t care coz she all THAT :fthis:

How you even think it’s racially motivated I- Look up the context, or if you have such high moral standards, unstan Gaga because 

thRBFpvQAAWknpr-800x450-noPad.jpg?152549

Serial Chiller
1 hour ago, Bio said:

Context is key here in both sides. Gaga was trying to exaggerate fake tanning BUT she was literally painted brown and people can argue that she was doing blackface (even though she's not trying to represent a black person).

Same goes for Sia. She's not trying to represent a black person. She's trying to blend into the black background, to become invisible. Can it be seen as blackface without context? Yes. But is she doing blackface? No.

So y'all need to stop pretending you care about this or the genocide of Yemen or whatever and admit that y'all just live for the drama and exposing and cancelling people. 

I honestly think these people should be working on Trump’s campaign seeing the fake news and fake outrage crusade they’ve been running the past few days. 

Lord Temptation
5 minutes ago, HangWang said:

Just because someone put on black face paint, does not mean that it was meant to hold any sort of racial purpose or whatever. It's not automatically racist to do either, and CAN easily be explained by her trying to blend in with the background since literally the rest of her body is painted that way too. Again, you can't go spouting **** like oh this is 100% blackface and is absolutely meant to be disrespectful. I see absolutely no reason why someone else can use a simple face paint color IF the purpose was purely art related and had nothing to do with race. That is what is happening here, unless you also want to complain about someone like Marilyn Manson doing it yet hes LITERALLY supposed to look like Mickey Mouse. I will say it again, just because someone is wearing black face paint does not mean that it is supposed to be offensive. People need to understand that and actually look at the context instead of blindly hating which is incredibly toxic and blatantly immature behavior.

Mm_mickey_03.jpg

4 minutes ago, Serial Chiller said:

How you even think it’s racially motivated I- Look up the context, or if you have such high moral standards, unstan Gaga because 

thRBFpvQAAWknpr-800x450-noPad.jpg?152549

The difference is that Sia wasn’t making an statement, like Gaga’s and Marilyn Manson’s satire. She literally did it for entertainment. Which is EXACTLY what the defenders of blackface always claim to support their own ignorance and arrogance. 

Serial Chiller
Just now, Lord Temptation said:

The difference is that Sia wasn’t making an statement, like Gaga’s and Marilyn Manson’s satire. She literally did it for entertainment. Which is EXACTLY what the defenders of blackface always claim to support their own ignorance and arrogance. 

What statements were Gaga making? Her Fame photoshoot had her in heavy tan - technically not blackface but can be taken out of context and painted as such - and surprise, surprise, that pic collage came from a pathetic petition trying to cancel Gaga’s halftime show because she did blackface - The other one I seriously had no idea what’s going on and to this day I’m still confused.

Point is, something looking like something else doesn’t mean that it is. I know that racial sensitivity is extremely important, but if something like this, from years back, arises, please consider the context and the intentions before jumping to the nasty “cancel” culture. At the end of the day, faux outrage online doesn’t help anyone’s cause. 

Lord Temptation
17 minutes ago, Serial Chiller said:

What statements were Gaga making? Her Fame photoshoot had her in heavy tan - technically not blackface but can be taken out of context and painted as such - and surprise, surprise, that pic collage came from a pathetic petition trying to cancel Gaga’s halftime show because she did blackface - The other one I seriously had no idea what’s going on and to this day I’m still confused.

Point is, something looking like something else doesn’t mean that it is. I know that racial sensitivity is extremely important, but if something like this, from years back, arises, please consider the context and the intentions before jumping to the nasty “cancel” culture. At the end of the day, faux outrage online doesn’t help anyone’s cause. 

Gaga was making a statement about artifice. It was a statement to her critics who labelled her as “another superficial pop singer”. She was taking back the power, saying “I know I make soulless electronic music. Tell me why I’m number 1 all around the world again???” Basically she represented herself as cheap, fake and artificial because MAYBE we live in an artificial world that values such phoniness?

DoremonLove

Sia needs to be left alone please. Why are ppl doing this. Not right. I dont k if taylor is right or wrong but this is mess created by her.

How can anoyone not love gaga

Archived