Doing a blackface =/= painting a face in black

Yes it is the same

Look it up

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Judas18
8 hours ago, Alan123 said:

Sorry guys but I love Sia and I trust her so :rip: If she’s showing support it must be for a reason.

We don’t know what happens behind scenes so we shouldn’t judge him, plus Taylor has played the victim before so who knows. 

Have you seen his instagram story where he joked about buying Taylor Swift?

He already exposed himself as the type of guy TS is accusing him of being, no receipts needed lol

jprince99x
1 minute ago, hausga said:

well if your going to follow her narrative sure it would look that way

i see it differently:huntyga:

Given the history behind blackface, it is offensive and insulting for anyone to paint their face dark. However, I don’t think those who paint their face dark with innocent intentions should face the same backlash as the racist pigs who do it to make fun of black people.

Let’s have some fun this beat is Sapokanikan

LilyLark
24 minutes ago, KNJ said:

As a minority and black and an artist, from what I can see (again, from a pic with NO CONTEXT PROVIDED) these colors are used as a motif not to imitate another race. Before flying off the handle with knee-jerk reactions; one has to gather all the info  and clock if their sensitivity is preventing them from seeing broader contexts = Black is also a color.

And no one is telling me WHAT these pics are from either. Cus so far, I can only see she has black on her face, not doing blackface.

Thank you. Sia is problematic, but people don't need to start making up sh*t or taking sh*t out of context.She's clearly painting her whole body in black and white stripes, which can obviously look insanely problematic out of context but it ain't blackface.

As a WOC I'm getting really sick of stans falsely accusing others of serious sh*t, the type of  sh*t that nearly destroys careers, to score petty "stan" points. There is so much bigotry out in the real world, spending time on false or out of context sh*t in an attempt to destroy a pop singer is frustrating. And as a Gaga stan, I hate it when Gaga stans do it because people who dislike Gaga then bring up that old V magazine cover shoot where Gaga had the Snooki Jersey Shore tan—but some idiots, including so called fans, ran it through a filter to make her look even darker (people pulled the same, gross stunt on running photos of Ariana through a filter).

Florian
17 minutes ago, Judas18 said:

Yes it is the same

Look it up

No it's not. Blackface needs a context, someone painting his face as a caricatural feature to embodie a black person.

In that picture Sia is in NO way trying to portray a black person.

That's just common sense. Look it up

jprince99x
4 minutes ago, Florian said:

No it's not. Blackface needs a context, someone painting his face as a caricatural feature to embodie a black person.

In that picture Sia is in NO way trying to portray a black person.

That's just common sense. Look it up

88354_36.jpg

does that mean gaga is guilty of BarbaraWaltersFace?

CANCELLEDT :messga:

Let’s have some fun this beat is Sapokanikan

LilyLark
16 minutes ago, hausga said:

ok since your a woc my point is more valid than yours but please dont call me a petty stan cuz i,m saying this from my family own experience . one of my uncles not long ago got called in very derogatory terms and got shot due to his dark skin color despite being Asian in america. so for me such an incident comes from a personal history of mine . 

Hey, I get your anger and I'm not saying you're necessarily wrong because we're all entitled to our feelings—but a lot of people are doing it out of sheer pettiness. I've been called racial slurs to my face, far more in the past few years, and I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle—so I get the rage. It's just that—and this will sound like bullsh*t even though it's not—as crazy as it sounds darkening once's face in certain circumstances, like Sia's, isn't blackface. Context matters and if you see the other shots it's clearly black/white stripes. Nor is Ariana's tan or Gaga's tan even run through a darker filter (perhaps cultural appropriation, tho).

Edited: Oops, I saw a different clip than the one she posted to go with the image...yikes. It does look way worse seeing the clip she posted (ironically, the ones her fans posted with the stripes made it look less problematic). She basically painted herself black to blend into a wall when performing—I don't think she meant to come across that way or even realized what she was doing, but yikes that is really bad.

Reality
9 hours ago, Enzo said:

But we don't know

After all, she is her friend, so I guess she knows him more than us :poot:

Oh definitely, I'm just saying that if  Scooter's doing the things Taylor's accusing him of, then everyone who's supporting him will look bad.

🃏🖤👹

FameHookah
9 hours ago, KingRedd said:

Wait so it’s ok to bash people publicly but it’s not okay to support friends? Lmao your logic is so 2019 SWJ... ew

The man is shady af, thats my issue, its sad to see people that i like supporting these shady things going on in Hollywood.

im not a SWJ lmao im far from that (all the wps and bans prove it :cryga:)

WTF is MDNA

2 hours ago, LilyLark said:

"—as crazy as it sounds darkening once's face in certain circumstances, like Sia's, isn't blackface. Context matters ... "

She basically painted herself black to blend into a wall when performing—I don't think she meant to come across that way or even realized what she was doing, but yikes that is really bad. "

Even if it may look off (you really should post the other clip you saw), but there is so much evidence, as we're finding out by the hour, that she following a concept, that we all know her intent has nothing to do with race.

It may look off, still not blackface

"She's an intellectual, your honor"

FameHookah
10 hours ago, Jose P said:

Sia has written lots of songs for Beyoncé, so people say Beyoncé has her locked up writing songs. :ladyhaha:

But that really happened :laughga:

She even said it, beyonce has "Writting Camps" so she basically gets sia and other people in her house writing for weeks and she picks the best song pieces and makes her songs like that or smth, kinda like Rohanna but she has more input (or so Sia said).

WTF is MDNA

doppelganger

I love Sia too. This doesn't change my love for her. In fact, I don't appreciate the bullying by the Swifties (who really only became 'woke' like three months ago ...) . 

ShayCristoforo

Why do ppl feel the need to risk it all? lol Like you could've sent a private message, Sia  :madge:

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

Archived