Gaga needs to collab with Lorde

Hoss

Should Gaga collab with Lorde?   

44 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gaga collab with Lorde?

• Yes
    • No

Featured Posts

Gaga and Lorde are my favorite artists. They are both among the greatest songwriters of our generation and have this amazing ability to take you into a wholeĀ new world with their music. I feel like they would create legit magic together and I honestly feel like they might be a good creative pair.Ā Imagine the production, the melody, the lyrics on a song they did together? It would probably be my favorite song until I die.Ā IĀ feel like Lorde has cited Gaga as an influence at one point in time. If there is literally one collab I want Gaga to do it is Lorde, and then I would be happy with her never collabing with anyone again. Thoughts?Ā :ally:

Ā 

EDIT:Ā 

omfg i had no idea they corresponded before SJSKSKSKĀ 

Ā 

3 minutes ago, Hoss said:

They are both among the greatest songwriters of our generation

Somebody hasn't heard Friday by Rebecca Black :sure:

bloody g

I stan both, but I think they're extremely different. I'd still love to see it happen.

怎šŸššš­šž šœššš§š§šØš­ š›šž šœš”ššš§š šžšć€

dynamite
12 minutes ago, Nino said:

Somebody hasn't heard Friday by Rebecca Black :sure:

Or SaturdayĀ :sure:

Biden Harris 2024

I don't know, their styles are so different. Collabs are kindaĀ  watering down things a bit i think :noparty:

Bonkers

Yes, and in the music video I hope they touch butts and stuff.

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

AlexanderMagno

No, because honestly I think Gaga would keep Lorde from giving her best workĀ :huntyga:

Ā 

Lorde is a smaller artist, and obviously the public doesnā€™t expect anything in particular from her, only good music. She could release a death metal album, and I doubt sheā€™d find any obstacle.

Gaga is in a different level. Her pop music is great, but also compromises a lot. And I think itā€™s too soon to release a Born This Way 2 (where she, in my opinion, went a bit further sonically and was allowed to be more daring).

I always take Kevin Parkerā€™s example. Heā€™s an incredible artist, has tons of projects, and has brilliant pop psychedelic songs. When I knew Gaga was going to collaborate with him, I was shocked. And then Joanne came and his potential was obviously adapted to Gagaā€™s scene, which is not as adventurous or risky. Iā€™m just afraid the same happens with Lorde.

3 minutes ago, AlexanderMagno said:

No, because honestly I think Gaga would keep Lorde from giving her best workĀ :huntyga:

Ā 

Lorde is a smaller artist, and obviously the public doesnā€™t expect anything in particular from her, only good music. She could release a death metal album, and I doubt sheā€™d find any obstacle.

Gaga is in a different level. Her pop music is great, but also compromises a lot. And I think itā€™s too soon to release a Born This Way 2 (where she, in my opinion, went a bit further sonically and was allowed to be more daring).

I always take Kevin Parkerā€™s example. Heā€™s an incredible artist, has tons of projects, and has brilliant pop psychedelic songs. When I knew Gaga was going to collaborate with him, I was shocked. And then Joanne came and his potential was obviously adapted to Gagaā€™s scene, which is not as adventurous or risky. Iā€™m just afraid the same happens with Lorde.

I think you're overstating how far outside the wheelbarrow of top 40 pop Lorde is. Her songs are certainly a cut above the rest but I don't think they're necessarily that different.

I agree in the case of Gaga though that she could be a hinderance to Lorde's creative process.

Delusional Aura
7 minutes ago, Nino said:

I think you're overstating how far outside the wheelbarrow of top 40 pop Lorde is. Her songs are certainly a cut above the rest but I don't think they're necessarily that different.

I agree in the case of Gaga though that she could be a hinderance to Lorde's creative process.

I don't think so though. I feel like Lorde is extremely in control of her sound that not even Gaga would be able to intimidate her. Because Gaga would get pushback from Lorde, she'll most likely cancel the projectĀ if something like this were to happen because i don't see either of these women giving up full control to one another.Ā 

HoneyB

That would be such an interesting combo Iā€™d love that!:woohoo:

šŸ’‹ š•Šš•„š•–š•” š•š•’ ā„‚š• š• š•œš•šš•–š•¤ š•Œš•”šŸ’‹šŸŖ

GypsyBabe

I adore both artists...andĀ they are so different, so I would be interested to see what they would put together.Ā 

āšÆĶ›

AlexanderMagno
32 minutes ago, Nino said:

Yes, I agree that Lordeā€™s music is not that alternative (yes, obviously)! But I was trying to point out the creative controlĀ itself, and not exactly the type of sound. I donā€™t see Lorde going jazz and stripped-down and American-friendly to revitalise her career and reconquer the public. Just like I donā€™t see Gaga putting in her album something too indie (no shade, both have different careers).

Lordeā€™s albums are simply her and one producer (at least Pure Heroine was, I think Melodrama had a third inputĀ in some songs besides her and Antonoff). Clearly very different from Gagaā€™s process. And I can imagine how each otherā€™s record labels approach them.

(but, honestly, Iā€™m sure Lorde wouldnā€™t mind giving in and do a more conventional pop sound. She has always expressed her love for pop music, so I think she would be ok and actually excited for going through Gagaā€™s concept)

Archived