Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
new video

Madonna - God Control

EdX

Featured Posts

Henri Bardot

Now I get why she says Madame X is like a continuation of American Life.

pooiota

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dlioncourt91
2 hours ago, Maleficent said:

i think this WAS planned to be the lead, as it was a the first video shot for the era (back in march/april). Maybe they worried it would be TOO controversial and they’d have another American Life disaster their hand. 

If you think about it, the singles went from super safe to super campy (Medelling, I Rise, Crave, Future, Dark Ballet, God Control, (possibly) Batuka) 

The original plan was for a dual single approach - Medellin and God Control released at the same time.

Married the Night
3 hours ago, Charlie said:

As a resident of Orlando and as a community member apart of the healing process after the Pulse massacre I do not support the imagery or storytelling component of this video.

I condone this message in its entirety.

This is wrong, disgusting, and disturbing  that she is profiting off the backs of dead people of color and marginalized communities. 

There are other ways to handle this dialogue.

F$&@ her. 

Yep I agree. It was tacky and in poor taste. This is nothing more than her using the tragedy as a way to get people talking about her disguised as “PSA”. 

Anderson123

I can see why some people would be offended about this and how it looks so graphic with the blood and everything but that's exactly what she's trying to achieve. Take American Life for example, Madonna is not the type of person who says "Gun control pls" in a subtle quiet way because it's been said before and do they do anything ? No, even though there are school shootings literally every day in the US. I think it was smart that she's doing it this way because it's the only way to be heard. I've seen that people are like "Omg tragic, keeping them in my prayers", then 3 days later they move on and yet another shooting happens, etc.

ChicaSkas

what sucks is I was 10 miles from borderline when it happened (next town over from me) and i hate to say it but im triggered. One of my GGD pals IRL was in Borderline (not tagging him because we still dont talk about it.) But still I know it needs to be said but this is... brutally visual to those of us touched by it. 

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

RAMROD

Good video. But probably will be overlooked and buried just like American Life was, since nobody talking about it nor this era overall but pop music fans in online pop forums. Was it even trending at time of release? On YT, the currently trending MV are Bahd Babie, Cardi B, and Hunty/Cabello MVs :diane:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

PatrickMonster

nooo the wasted potential in this music video.. this could have been ICONIC, LEGENDARY... the first half was pretty much perfect, it was so touching and entertaining and beautiful... then that weird scene where she gets attacked on the street... it was so unnecesarry and the acting was lacking as well... There could have been an epic story like she passes the murderer in the club and then the panic when the first shootings are heard etc... maybe the video was brutal enough and they didn't want to overdo it, but without showing some extreme to the GP they wont watch or care about this one....

still her best music video since Ghosttown, well done, but it could have been much better and that saddens me

Queen Bitch
3 hours ago, Charlie said:

That’s exactly the language used in abusive relationships. 

“I’m sorry I hurt you, but it’s out of love and I hope to condition to train you how I see fit” 

Thats not love. That’s fear and she’s profiting for being a shock jock, and I know in my heart it’s wrong — regardless of gender, race, religion, or ideology. 

She took it too far, and this has to be the worst contribution to pop culture creativity in recent memory. 

Again taking the artist out of the equation. Putting on display the mowing down of people in a nightclub is wrong. Period. And anyone that again think this is “awesome” doesn’t understand the actual work it does to help heal a community and fight the politicians on the ground or in the arena. 

End of argument. 

🏽

That's just like your opinion.  I'm sure some jews thought Schindler's List was too much. 

36 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Good video. But probably will be overlooked and buried just like American Life was, since nobody talking about it nor this era overall but pop music fans in online pop forums. Was it even trending at time of release? On YT, the currently trending MV are Bahd Babie, Cardi B, and Hunty/Cabello MVs :diane:

Been trending on Twitter tho

TRUMP 2020

1 hour ago, Married the Night said:

Yep I agree. It was tacky and in poor taste. This is nothing more than her using the tragedy as a way to get people talking about her disguised as “PSA”. 

Imagine being so pressedT by the Queen of pop that you would actually believe this nonsense. Poor souls they can't  hide their hate for her even with something as important as this message.  

TRUMP 2020

RAMROD
16 minutes ago, DavieX said:

Been trending on Twitter tho

For how long? 1 hour or less are weak for today standard. And mostly news site covering the update. A hyped up  ones can stay up there for about 3+ hours these days and already considered great.  Super popular topics like Avengers, Game Of Thrones, Ariana, BLACKPINK, or BTS can last a day and that is when we know something is huge cos actual people are talking about it, not just media covering the news. 

RoverLoader
4 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

For how long? 1 hour or less are weak for today standard. And mostly news site covering the update. A hyped up  ones can stay up there for about 3+ hours these days and already considered great.  Super popular topics like Avengers, Game Of Thrones, Ariana, BLACKPINK, or BTS can last a day and that is when we know something is huge cos actual people are talking about it, not just media covering the news. 

Well the video has been out for only 8 hours and more reactions are starting to roll in.

RAMROD
5 minutes ago, RoverLoader said:

Well the video has been out for only 8 hours and more reactions are starting to roll in.

IDK, hope so. More people are in on these Democrats debate it seems, both on WW and USA TT, and discussions usually will continue for awhile after the debates over. I feel like by tomorrow, it will be too late since another events may happen. It's all about momentum, esp with MV that were set to strike a reaction like this. She should've release earlier this morning. :(

• Admin changed the title to Madonna - God Control

Archived