Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Brody Jenner Misgendered Caitlyn Jenner Twice On “The Hills: New Beginnings

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

BUtterfield 8

rs_1024x759-180602144253-1024.brody-jenn

Speaking to his friend Frankie about the changes in their lives over the years following The Hills, Brody said: “My dad, he also became a woman — don’t want to forget about that one. I had been dating Kaitlynn Carter for four and a half years, and my dad came out and said that he wanted to be called Caitlyn. Two Caitlyns. Look man, it’s a wild world we live in out there, you know?”

Now, it should be pointed out that Caitlyn was relaxed about pronoun usage in the months after her transition, and her daughters Kendall and Kylie still refer to her as “dad”. However, both GLAAD and Stonewall.org have released guidelines cautioning against deadnaming, or misgendering transgender people, even when referring to them in the past.

And people were quick to pick up on Brody’s comments.

sub-buzz-1438-1561546013-1.png?downsize=sub-buzz-394-1561545953-1.png?downsize=7sub-buzz-1494-1561546069-1.png?downsize=

https://www.buzzfeed.com/elliewoodward/brody-jenner-misgendered-caitlyn-jenner-the-hills-new?utm_source=dynamic&utm_campaign=bffbbuzzfeed&ref=bffbbuzzfeed

VoldeLorde2

I don't care how much you hate a person. Misgendering them just because you know it will piss them off is disrespectful. If it's an accident and you apologize, I get it, you didn't mean too. However, if you do it purposefully, you don't have my respect

Mirages

That‘s stupid the way I see it he's both times talking about past, so he's talking about Bruce, not Caitlyn.

I'm the bitch that's fragile

Miel

I know that, in a personal context, things are different for everybody (if Caitlyn is still comfortable being called "dad" by her own children, then so be it), but I just... I don't know, he could do so much better when he refers to her in a conversation with other people? If that makes sense?

I hope I'm not making an uneducated statement with that, but like that's his literal parent he's talking about in a context outside of their own home life. To the world, she is a woman- the least he could do is refer to his own parent that way?

3 points in and ready for more

Regina George

She wanted them to keep saying dad because she can’t just become mother. If Kendall and Kylie can do it then why is it wrong for him? It would be hella awkward for him to say mother considering he has a real mother and she is his dad and that’s the fact that can’t be changed. People are dramatic.

AlexanderMagno

Even her daughters call her "dad", I'm sure he talked with her son about it, and nevertheless she was his father.

His father became a woman. But she was still his father. Actually, she will always be his father.

And I think the use of "he" was about his experience in the past, he's not saying Caitlyn is not a she. He's talking about a time when he was transitioning.

Let's not judge everyone and everything. Yes, it's wild world we live in, and if you want to live in this wild world you have to understand no situation is black and white. You ask for a rainbow world, but demand people to respect you as black and white. That's not realistic. You want liberalism, you get liberalism.

He was just venting his experience, 

Jennie Kim

I'm pretty sure the moment Caitlyn came out as trans she said it didn't bother her if Kylie and Kendall called her dad. 

the fake wokeness is annoying, let trans people decide what offends them. 

geopang

If this is what outrages people... :awkney: 

how about you let Caitlyn decide whether that’s okay or not.

KingRedd

Silly reason to be upset. So annoying I’m over this whole run to Twitter and complain era we’ve been in for a few years now. 

May I Read You? 😎

uo111

You shouldn't judge the way that a family interacts and talks about/with each other.

If Caitlyn has a problem with it, then she can either deal with it privately or publicly as she chooses.

davflz

what I find more distasteful/ condescending is the line "Look man, it’s a wild world we live in out there, you know?" :triggered:

trans people's experiences  shouldn't be presented as this "wacky oddity" he is alluding to :interestinga:

BleepBloop

Nothing I hate more than people trying to stir the pot with their fake wokeness. People went from being ignorant, to  being woke, to being fake woke for attention. SAD

Archived