Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
politics

Border Patrol Chief Resigns

Featured Posts

Lion Heart

The Customs and Border Protection agency’s acting commissioner, John Sanders, is expected to step down in the coming weeks as the government’s primary border enforcement executive, a federal official said Tuesday, a development that comes as the agency faces continuing public fury over the treatment of detained migrant children.

The news of the resignation came shortly after agency officials disclosed that more than 100 children have been returned to a troubled Border Patrol station in Clint, Tex., a location where a group of lawyers who visited recently said hundreds of minor detainees had been housed for weeks without access to showers, clean clothing, or sufficient food.

Mr. Sanders has led the agency since President Trump tapped the former Customs and Border Protection commissioner, Kevin McAleenan, to replace Kirstjen Nielsen as homeland security secretary. Mr. Sanders specialized in developing technology for national security initiatives and previously served as the chief technology officer for the Transportation Security Administration.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/25/us/migrant-children-border.html?smtyp=cur&smid=tw-nytimes

• Love 1

ZacharyMark

Are we even that surprised? I think my BINGO card is blacked out now.

Has Trump even filled all his judges seats yet?

• LMAO 1

calmar

This makes me more ashamed and angry to be american than almost anything. It's one thing for people you know to not know any critical thinking skills and put a puerile baboon into office. It's another to watch them take people coming for a better opportunity, the literal calling card of the United States, rip them from their children, and hold those children in what are effectively remote concentration camps. 

俺の勝利は揺るぎない
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

TinyGa
25 minutes ago, Lion Heart said:

Mr. Sanders has led the agency since President Trump tapped the former Customs and Border Protection commissioner, Kevin McAleenan, to replace Kirstjen Nielsen as homeland security secretary. Mr. Sanders specialized in developing technology for national security initiatives and previously served as the chief technology officer for the Transportation Security Administration.

I thought we were promised only the best people who are totally qualified for their roles would work in this administration.

But seriously though this is what happens when you combine people without expertise in the area they're in charge of or without the skills to pick things up quickly, without respect for the work they're supposed to be doing or the people they're supposed to be serving, who are willing to serve an amoral administration that in the best case doesn't care that this is happening. 

The next "best person" he appoints may or may not be willing or able to clean things up, first they have to recognize that what's happening is wrong and then go against administration policy to fix these conditions. Heartbreakingly it doesn't seem too likely to happen.

ode

Y'all realize this is just part of a years-long political purge that started in earnest after Sessions recused himself?

A move taken straight from the Tyranny 101  playbook. This is what many autocrats do: they win a bit of power, sometimes not even a majority, but they use the hype of their gains and the comparative vacuum of any rival political energy to purge the government  of all dissenting voices. Everything gets pushed to the extreme.

And now Americans like myself are arguably no less guilt/icky than the Germans who knew/heard of/saw what was going on in the ghettoes in camps under Hitler but just kept on with normal life... I honestly feel gross doing anything if I think about what's happening too much, because it's like... Shouldn't I and everyone else be leaving our jobs and convening at the border to free these kids?

Fuuuuuu*k this system, tho, for real. Sociopathic capitalism is what allowed so much of the country to be riled up into such severe/real anxiety about an influx of immigrants receiving welfare and social safety net programs that have been basically dead since the 90s. Villifying the poor while celebrating the rich or just the successful, all the years spent acting like success was a choice or a merit, is what led us to this moment, when a big part of the country supports a man locking children up and letting many die. 

Because god forbid that kid's family make it over the border and "bad hombre" their way into $300 bucks total of food stamps-----oh, wait, we spend more than $300 a month housing this kid in a detention center? 

WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP

WE HAVE LOST OUR GOD CONTROL

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Reginald

Karma is a b**** and I hope it's an unapologetic one.

Dedicated

Satans Ex Wife

:wtf: Is NATO or the UN or literally ANYONE going to do anything about the fact that the US is keeping KIDS IN CONCENTRATION CAMPS?

How can I protect something so perfect without evil?

Woolfsmck
1 hour ago, calmar said:

This makes me more ashamed and angry to be american than almost anything. It's one thing for people you know to not know any critical thinking skills and put a puerile baboon into office. It's another to watch them take people coming for a better opportunity, the literal calling card of the United States, rip them from their children, and hold those children in what are effectively remote concentration camps. 

The fact that 'Americans' even know about this and aren't  sent to prison for voicing concern is what you should be glad about...

Express concern for a gov. Mistake in another country like Russia and see what you get.

like a cat in a sil, I observe life, moving and still. My words give a clue,look inside to see whats true

Woolfsmck

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/house-lawmakers-trade-accusations-amid-scramble-to-pass-dollar45b-border-bill-playing-games/ar-AADp00I?ocid=spartandhp

funds for border enforcement and immigrant holding facilities has yet to get passes...

of course its the Repulicrats fault if you ask them ...

like a cat in a sil, I observe life, moving and still. My words give a clue,look inside to see whats true

ode
3 hours ago, Woolfsmck said:

The fact that 'Americans' even know about this and aren't  sent to prison for voicing concern is what you should be glad about...

Express concern for a gov. Mistake in another country like Russia and see what you get.

da fuq tho

Woolfsmck
12 minutes ago, ode said:

da fuq tho

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/pelosi-clinches-deal-with-progressives-on-border-spending-bill/ar-AADpbEU?ocid=spartandhp

I found this too..

Looks like the House Dem's have a plan to help … I hope the pubs don't block it …. peeps need help fur sure