Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

JK Rowling shows her alleged transphobia again

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

BUtterfield 8

Once, she blamed liking anti-transgender statuses on Twitter as an error, dubbing it a “Clumsy and Middle-Aged Moment.” Despite fans catching the 53 year old in the act of putting her stamp of approval on trans hate once again, she thumbed her nose at the backlash.

She has followed one of the most hateful and aggressive anti-trans radical feminists on Twitter, Magdalen Berns.

1*Rjo2iXrqmo1YPG2qarh2KA.png

Out of her 14 million followers, Rowling herself follows less than 700 people on social media, so it’s safe to presume her perspective aligns with that of the well known transphobe whose account is solely committed to espousing misinformation and dangerous rhetoric toward transgender women. This clearly isn’t another middle-aged moment. Instead, it seems more like Rowling unapologetically pulling back the curtain and finally ending what little left there was to speculate about with any optimism.

To see JK Rowling lock arms with this form of hatred, targeting a minority community while having the ear of millions of young children is deeply saddening. An enormous demographic of her audience is LGBT; Kids who identified with fighting forces of evil for their right to exist, their right to equality, their access to opportunity.

Now, an entire generation of adults who used the Harry Potter books to navigate the rough terrain of life’s trials and tribulations must reckon with the fact that their literary darling is not the progressive fighter for social justice she pretended to be. In fact, many transgender fans are having to reconcile that she’s lending her support to those who wish to fight them back into silence instead.

https://medium.com/@Phaylen/jk-rowling-confirms-stance-against-transgender-women-9bd83f7ca623

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When it's hip to be queer so you pretend to support the LGBT community while your accidental success of a book series is on life support.

Just now, ZacharyMark said:

I'm so surprised by this...

Middle aged white women hiding some kind of major prejudice? 

giphy.gif

Maleficent

This is the problem with social media. It tarnishes it the artists work. du Maurier, Nabakov, Wright, and Tolkien can all be enjoyed by all people because their work was not tarnished by who/what they followed on Twitter...

Also: This is probably why people like Beyonce either follow absolutely no one, or a select handful of VERY uncontroversial people

RoverLoader

A lot of well known feminists believe this:

For some reason the journalist asking the questions has been muted.

Gagaloo911

This doesn't prove anything tho. Just because she followed it doesn't mean she necessarily supports or endorses the page. But most importantly, it doesn't mean she's against trans people. All I'm saying is you don't know the full context and just assuming things isn't a good look nor does it make you right in your speculation.

Of course she could prove to actually be transphobic but until I see more direct evidence I m reluctant to assume anything. 

DeleteMyAccount
9 minutes ago, Nino said:

Middle aged white women hiding some kind of major prejudice? 

giphy.gif

Well mainly because she's been so progressive on so many other issues and went from being a billionaire to a millionaire due to giving away so much money.

8 minutes ago, Gagaloo92 said:

This doesn't prove anything tho. Just because she followed it doesn't mean she necessarily supports or endorses the page. But most importantly, it doesn't mean she's against trans people. All I'm saying is you don't know the full context and just assuming things isn't a good look nor does it make you right in your speculation.

Of course she could prove to actually be transphobic but until I see more direct evidence I m reluctant to assume anything. 

She already liked transphobic tweets before.

"finally, we have some confirmation"

what the ****, are they sitting on her twitter profile waiting to call her out? :triggered:

There's literally no substance or ANY of her own words on the issue. I don't think anyone inspects every profile they follow, and it could have even just been an accident.

...ıllıllı c h e r r y c h e r r y b o o m b o o m ıllıllı...

gypsy101
31 minutes ago, Nino said:

When it's hip to be queer so you pretend to support the LGBT community while your accidental success of a book series is on life support.

what do you mean accidental success?

Lmao, it could be that account tweeted something she liked, followed it and that's it. Doesn't 'confirm' anything.

River

OMG It's not confirming anything.

J.K is very vocal, she probably followed her so she can catch her tweets and fight with her.

It's just shows how sick is the social media, every move is making people go crazy and thinking in one straight line..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Archived