Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Beyonce sings in new Lion King trailer

Ghost Face

Featured Posts

Nikolai Barrow

This sounds really good. Interested to see how it compares to the original in full. Beyonce is a fantastic vocalist. I just hope she doesn't do too many beyonceisms. I find she a little like Christina Aguilera can use too many tricks with her voice. If she sings it straight she will 100% nail it though. Stoked!

Didymus

God yes. I was afraid of what they'd do to the melodies 'cause of my trauma with Beauty and the Beast (both the songs in the movie and that semi-horrific Ari/Legend version of the title track) but that arrangement sounded superb. Bey did everything I wanted and more. Her variations are amazing and fitting.

Faith restored in this probably disappointing live action instead it's really just another animated remake.

Ziggy
17 minutes ago, Nikolai Barrow said:

This sounds really good. Interested to see how it compares to the original in full. Beyonce is a fantastic vocalist. I just hope she doesn't do too many beyonceisms. I find she a little like Christina Aguilera can use too many tricks with her voice. If she things it straight she will 100% nail it though. Stoked!

I don't think she'll make it too Beyonce. Even from this snippet, her vocals are the harmony more than the front like Donald's are. I think that alone is a good sign that she's not making this about her and her image, but more or less serving the movie and project. Like, I can't see her doing a big growl with this arrangement, maybe her higher howl but that would actually fit. Either way, I think she's not overdoing it (because I agree, she has a tendency to do that with covers and it kind of hides how fantastic she is by being distracting from time to time) so we good :)

Nikolai Barrow
1 minute ago, Ziggy said:

I don't think she'll make it too Beyonce. Even from this snippet, her vocals are the harmony more than the front like Donald's are. I think that alone is a good sign that she's not making this about her and her image, but more or less serving the movie and project. Like, I can't see her doing a big growl with this arrangement, maybe her higher howl but that would actually fit. Either way, I think she's not overdoing it (because I agree, she has a tendency to do that with covers and it kind of hides how fantastic she is by being distracting from time to time) so we good :)

Yeah i'm excited to hear the whole song she sounded great in the snippet! 

JusKeepBreathin

Perfect. A ballad with no shouting just beautiful.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Ghost Face
13 minutes ago, HotLikeMexico said:

Y’all really don’t like Beyoncé huh?

I don't get the hate. This snippet is just good, period. :oops:

It's an honor.

HotLikeMexico
5 minutes ago, RoughLove said:

Me neither. I don't Beyonce but even then, I know she can sing and this was cute. 

Ghost Face
2 hours ago, HotLikeMexico said:

Me neither. I don't Beyonce but even then, I know she can sing and this was cute. 

Exact :applause:

It's an honor.

Ziggy
5 hours ago, RoughLove said:

Yeah like the snippet isn’t particularly anything hahaha it’s not a showstopping moment or a terrible cut. It’s just good. Idk how it generated such divisive opinions haha

Haroon

I like this :flutter: She's using that lighter and softer side of her voice and it's so angelic and beautiful :giveup: Love the harder and more aggressive vocals in other songs anyway but still, this is lovely :nick:

Archived