Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Aura Music Video

OMonster

Featured Posts

OMonster

I was just watching this old interview with Gaga, and  was surprised to hear that she had 'already written' the music video for Aura. She also confirmed that Jonas Akerlund was going to direct the video. 

Do we have any intel on this treatment? Or any other knowledge of her plans for the video? 

Spoiler

In this same interview, she also discussed her VMA 2013 performance... describing it as the most physically demanding performance of her career, and as a metaphor for 'everything' she is as an artist. This reminded me of how her plan was changed last minute, and threw me back to what could've been.

Spoiler

That said, I do adore the actual performance she delivered. It's just a shame it wasn't representative of her true vision at all.

subtext / fantasy

TimisaMonster

Aura deserved to be the next single after Applause if  not it was definitely intended to be the lead...I think her leaking it was a way to rebel against the label when they choose applause so fans would see what she wanted 

I do imagine the era would have been epic if after Applause, Aura was given the music video and single treatment as the sequel to Telephone...such a waste 

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

ShayCristoforo

I think Aura would've been great. I think somewhere in the middle of the original vocals and re-recorded vocals would've smashed 

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

Joshie S

As far as I know we've never heard any details about the video treatment, just basically what everyone has mentioned.

She leaked it herself to introduce fans to the album as she wanted Aura as first single but the label wanted Applause as it was most radio friendly.

Since then she's leaked music ahead of each album release.

She said back in the Gagavisions that she would be doing a video for every song off the album, so it's no surprise that she had written the treatments. It was also announced Venus was getting a video shot by Ruth and after the DWUW single swap, she was still releasing the MV but it never happened.

Basically after Troy left her I really think that the reason she didn't pursue or promote any further projects (apart from the ARTPOP film and the artRAVE) is because she did not want Troy to make any more money than he was entitled to off of her.

That's the reason why we didn't get much as some fans would say. In saying that though the whole era was underrated and still had a lot of great moments and was so beautiful everything that was released.

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♥

HermesGr

•The singles•

1.Aura

2.Venus

ARTPOP (promo single/video)

3.Do what you want 🤷‍♂️

5.Applause 

Archived