Taylor Swift - You Need to Calm Down

smokingthemall

Featured Posts

BlingNotTheMusic
1 hour ago, hankhatesyouall said:

Me!: I have the most annoying and grating chorus 
YNTCD: hold  my beer 

28 minutes ago, Smcgibben said:

I can never get into her music because it always sounds like what soccer moms play in the car to make their kids happy and then they go talk to their other mom friends about how much they love Taylor Swift because for some reason they think listening to her makes them seem younger and “ cool” :oops:

These two sum up my thoughts on the matter :lolly:

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly it’s not that bad i like it it’s fun, at least it puts me into a good mood :) 

Mirages
2 hours ago, Dream Rider said:

What did she mean with: ”cause shade never made anybody less gay” :oprah:

That's not shade but shame :ladyhaha:

As in you should stop shaming gay people it's not gonna change them :ladyhaha:

I'm the bitch that's fragile

beaublue
2 hours ago, Dream Rider said:

What did she mean with: ”cause shade never made anybody less gay” :oprah:

It means throwing shade at people won’t make them any less gay aka hating on people won’t stop them from being themselves

evil sheep

Honestly, I like it better than Me!, instrumental is catchy, but lyrics are kinda cheesy :selena: well, I hope the album will have better bops and less cringy lyrics

Hush hush, keep it down now, voices carry

Guest Anisko

Joel little is like one of my favorite producers but somehow i found his production so basic and soulless this year compared to his work with lorde on pure heroine .

Also what's with "sticks and stones" lyrics in every song ? Can songwriters be more creative please ? Thanks 

crisTEAne

i like it for some reason :cryga:

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

The production of the verse is basically the same as Christine & The Queens song IT (starts at 0:10).

Quartz

That chorus... Wth Taylor, I was rooting for you :(

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

River

Someone remind me please in 9 hours to listen to this, I’m off to sleep 

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

ItWasntLaauv

This song slaps, I love that the whole second verse is just her coming for the Wetboro Babtist Church and other homophobes. Pride Month in full swing!! :firega:

Also that spelling of “Glaad” was so intentional wow.

Bradley

Lyrically, it's very simple but it does have a great message imo. I love how she's being more involved as a gay activist now (the GLAAD reference? shade doesn't make anyone less gay)

I feel like she's actively doing something to defeat this toxic masculinity stigma by voicing her disapproval at people who feel the need to put down 'gay' or 'girly' behaviour.

PerfectExca
1 hour ago, TimisaMonster said:

These two songs sound the same...like...what is this???

Uhm. What? YNTCD sounds VERY different from ME!. Is she making a cohesive album as always? Yes. One thing I can say about Taylor though is that she never makes the same song sonically. Are 90% of her songs just a remake of the same song lyrically? That's another story. But I like that this album is very different in that regard. An LGBTQ+ anthem and a self-love anthem. I can appreciate it. No break-up songs so far.Though sonically it isn't showing to be as promising as reputation or Red .

The sun will rise each day. Will you?

gumzy3000

Me eee eee and now ohhhh ohhh ohhh? Very creative.... Also her lyrics seem to lack authenticity and the wow actor. I miss the Red and 1989 eras, those songs were pop perfection with great and interesting lyrics. This just sounds like some badly aged 2010 pop song. 

Also, the video SERIOUSLY needs an Epilepsy warning.

trolly troll troll

Archived