šŸ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA šŸ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Taylor Swift - You Need to Calm Down

smokingthemall

Featured Posts

RAMROD
5 minutes ago, Joshie S said:

I actually like this song, catchy and the instrumental sounds so good.

I feel like it's literally a song about social media and the "stan" culture which is mostĀ prominent these days, how we try to control artists and put women against each other. She literally mentions this then says they all have crowns.Ā :vegas:

That's my perception of it, and it wouldn't surprise me if that's the meaning behind it.

That's exactly what it is. Anyone who doesn't get it at the first listen must got some issues, since it is so obvious :lmao:Ā 

(ļ¾‰ā—•ćƒ®ā—•)ļ¾‰āœ§*:ļ½„ļ¾Ÿ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ā“č‰øļ½€*) ā™”ā™”ā™”

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sassy McSass

Loved it! Canā€™t wait for the album.

Iā€™ll keep looking for Wonderland

18 minutes ago, Debithius said:

Shade never made anybody less gay? Lmao people will be coming for her hahahaha

Actually itā€™s getting the complete oppositeĀ :staymad:

Joshie S
1 minute ago, RAMROD said:

That's exactly what it is. Anyone who doesn't get it at the first listen must got some issues, since it is so obvious :lmao:Ā 

The T Swizzle version of DWUW we stanĀ :firega:

The melody that you choose can rescue you ā™„

evilfaqqot

Chorus kind of a serve, ngl. Table Stiff, I wonā€™t drag youĀ for the rest of the night.Ā 

Ā 

tumblr_odnthkTCgS1rosb88o1_1280.gif

matteonster

I really like the message and the attitude, it was a great choice to release in pride month.Ā Not into the melody just yet but knowing myself who prefers a good theme or lyrics over that, I think Iā€™m gonna be bopping to it shortly.

ā€œDon't you ever let a soul in the world tell you that you can't be exactly who you are.ā€

Smother Em Eh

Is this a ā€œThis is Why We Canā€™t Have Nice Thingsā€ continuation?Ā 

ā€œThis is why we canā€™t have nice things, you need to come down, doo foot da doā€Ā :music:

:ohwell:

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Tiny Purse

Sounds like ME!...slightly better but still meh. Her referencing the gays is giving me corporate pride realness.Ā 

Othon

Really disappointing. :interestinga:

The gay stuff is whatever, fine, you love us.Ā Thanks for not being a bigot. And releasing it during pride month is great marketing (ughĀ :madge:).Ā I wish she'd picked a less stale pun than gay/gay. That joke got old decades ago. The term "shade" has been ruined for years too, andĀ hearing it packaged like thisĀ really does driveĀ the final nail into its coffin. It feels weird to devote a song to internet stans like this, particularly when you acknowledge thatĀ a lot of the criticism Swift receives is warranted, and I definitely don't like the fact that the song operates both as a criticism of homophobes and stans. Conflating those two things is pretty gross, especially given what people actually criticize her for on stan Twitter (being an out of touch white girl).

The song itself is just so bland. There are a couple of interesting bits of wordplay, but she hasn't been able to balance the specificity of language/story withĀ broadĀ appeal likeĀ sheĀ managed to do in so many of her older songs.

I was hoping we'd get more of the Speak Now version of TS, but I guess not. Hopefully the rest of the album delivers what these first two singles haven't been able to.

alextruper17
4 minutes ago, Smother Em Eh said:

Is this a ā€œThis is Why We Canā€™t Have Nice Thingsā€ continuation?Ā 

ā€œThis is why we canā€™t have nice things, you need to come down, doo foot da doā€Ā :music:

:ohwell:

Doo foot da do

Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince

Othon
4 minutes ago, Tiny Purse said:

Sounds like ME!...slightly better but still meh. Her referencing the gays is giving me corporate pride realness.Ā 

That's exactly what it feels like to me.Ā :madge:

Cyber Babylon

So yall dragged the shlt outta Madonna's new music but stanning Taylor's new music?:triggered:

The13thNote

Its better than ME and I can dig it.Ā 

This is obviously a song firing shots at internet stans. Thats what the gay shade line and the stepping on our gowns and queens lines are about.Ā 

She is saying stan twitter should stop pitting women against eachother.Ā 

Ā 

I feel like this album might be her gayest yet lol

ARTPOPSLAYAGE

I personally love it! It's a bop, and WAY better than ME! In my opinion. I liked ME! but it aged poorly already, but this song has replay value and is already stuck in my head! Plus I love all the gay references, and I have a strong feeling there will be drag queens in the music video!Ā :vegas:Ā Ā 

TheRealJT

Lily Allen did this like 5 years ago. With much more subtlety and graceĀ 

Archived