💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Maggie Rogers - Heard It In A Past Life

BlingNotTheMusic

Featured Posts

BlingNotTheMusic

I'm late to the game on this album and I didn't see a discussion had already been started. Can we talk about this 2019 MASTERPIECE?!

Personally, I find the production to be top notch and infectious, she has impeccable control over her voice and the entire album is lyrically clever and original. She also has a hand on all of the tracks' production and writing. I think we should recognize and support more artists who write and produce their own music. Not to mention the good sis is only 25. A lot of the tracks express my feelings about certain relationships I have or had in a way I could not produce {For example from "Light On", simple but piognant:

"Oh, if you keep reaching out
Then I'll keep coming back
And if you're gone for good
Then I'm okay with that
If you leave the light on
Then I'll leave the light on"

I legit got goosebumps and teary eyed the first time I heard this. 

(Check out some of her live performances. She is a one woman show.)

RodeckDanny

OMG I'm a BIG BIG stan since January. I always thought about making a post about her and never did!!! 
She's so talented, her music and lyrics are great!!! I can also relate to many of her lyrics like Overnight. 

I love her and I can't  wait for her second album!! 
 THe moment the chorus arrives is magical here!

Listen to my debut pop single 'Want You Bad'! (link on Insta)

BlingNotTheMusic
8 minutes ago, DannyRodeck said:

OMG I'm a BIG BIG stan since January. I always thought about making a post about her and never did!!! 
She's so talented, her music and lyrics are great!!! I can also relate to many of her lyrics like Overnight. 

I love her and I can't  wait for her second album!! 
 THe moment the chorus arrives is magical here!

"People change...overnight"

Chills!

She's truly one of a kind and I was so interested to see that many of the songs on this album were released from 2016 to this year. And yes, I'm very eager to hear her next album as the first contained several from a previous EP and I'd like to see what she has to offer after a fresh start of ideas. 

I've gotten a few of my friends on board with her and they are amazed at her talent. 

RodeckDanny
1 minute ago, AHippieIsBorn said:

"People change...overnight"

Chills!

She's truly one of a kind and I was so interested to see that many of the songs on this album were released from 2016 to this year. And yes, I'm very eager to hear her next album as the first contained several from a previous EP and I'd like to see what she has to offer after a fresh start of ideas. 

I've gotten a few of my friends on board with her and they are amazed at her talent. 

SAME! hahaha I've been so obsessed that I've made all my best friends listen to her 

Listen to my debut pop single 'Want You Bad'! (link on Insta)

gypsy101

i saw her on SNL i wanna say in October and fell in love immediately. the wait for the album was excruciating! the album is fabulous and so is she.

BlingNotTheMusic
39 minutes ago, gypsy101 said:

i saw her on SNL i wanna say in October and fell in love immediately. the wait for the album was excruciating! the album is fabulous and so is she.

I'm actually shocked more people don't know about her. She's like a less angsty Lorde (love Lorde btw). 

Shocked, literally shocked :laughga:

gypsy101

the album debuted at number 2 so some people know! unfortunately most of her singles aren’t like current radio friendly which is a shame because Overnight and the Light should both be hits imo. also her set at coachella was wonderful!

bornthisway51

I need to give this a proper listen.. I absolutely love her song Split Stones! I'm not very patient with new music though can someone give me a top 5 from the album to get me into it all? 

ryansamonster

She is SO GOOD. Say It and On + Off are some of my favorites. Saw her at Coachella and she’s a great live act. I also love the On + Off video... check it out!

BlingNotTheMusic
1 hour ago, ryansamonster said:

She is SO GOOD. Say It and On + Off are some of my favorites. Saw her at Coachella and she’s a great live act. I also love the On + Off video... check it out!

Yeah I'd say:

Say It

On + Off

Overnight

Light On

Falling Water

BlingNotTheMusic
1 hour ago, bornthisway51 said:

I need to give this a proper listen.. I absolutely love her song Split Stones! I'm not very patient with new music though can someone give me a top 5 from the album to get me into it all? 

See above

tomsches

There are a few good songs on it but as a whole the album is a bit meh

gypsy101
2 hours ago, bornthisway51 said:

Give a Little

Overnight

Light On

Fallingwater

Back is My Body

Archived