Apple Music
Sign in to follow this  
lgbt

DC pride bans Jewish pride flag

Featured Posts

Ponyboi
7 hours ago, mic said:

I think involving religion (meaning politics at the same time) is unecessary for pride events. Of course pride is political in its purpose, however these symbols make things more messy. And let's not even talk about the fact that in the name of religion we are witnessing genocide nowadays and these symbols should stay away imho. No negativity hould be present at pride.

Imagine, in a thread regarding Jews, saying religion is causing genocide "nowadays".

mic
2 hours ago, Ponyboi said:

Imagine, in a thread regarding Jews, saying religion is causing genocide "nowadays".

Yeah just like in the past of course, isn't it true? After second thought maybe I should not have brought it up here so apologies everyone.

PartySick

They banned it because it looks like the Israeli flag, not because it's a Jewish flag. There's a difference. Their intention isn't to be anti-Jewish, it's to be anti-Israel.

Tbh, I think putting any religious symbol on the pride flag is kind of like putting a "POC pride/BLM ✊🏽" symbol on a Confederate flag. I know that's not a great analogy but it's the best I got atm :emma:

But if they're allowing a Christian and Muslim one they should just allow the Star of David one :shrug:

Edited by PartySick
I don't need you to respect me, I respect me. I don't need you to love me, I love me.

JusKeepBreathin
On 6/8/2019 at 6:35 AM, FATCAT said:

They should ban all of them, let's leave religion/countries out of it.

I agree either all in or all out.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

SEANGT

every time something like this happens i just.... don't understand it. The whole concept of anti-semitism or singling out jewish people for any reason is just ... like ... what? 

PartySick
27 minutes ago, SEANGT said:

every time something like this happens i just.... don't understand it. The whole concept of anti-semitism or singling out jewish people for any reason is just ... like ... what? 

I never understood it myself. It just seems so random :emma:

I don't need you to respect me, I respect me. I don't need you to love me, I love me.
  • Thanks 1

rumours
1 hour ago, PartySick said:

I think putting any religious symbol on the pride flag is kind of like putting a "POC pride/BLM ✊🏽" symbol on a Confederate flag.

I- :air:

messy infomercial GIF

River

So they ban the Israeli flag because they are violating human rights of the Palestinians, ok I understand, everyone should fight against the Israeli government and their actions.

But they don't ban the Palestinian flag even though Hamas, Fatah and the majority of the citizens in Gaza and the West Bank are violating the LGBTQ+ Palestinians rights, torturing them and killing them?:interestinga:

Are we fighting for gay rights or fighting for other causes?

If they want, they can march as Gays for Palestine, but not as a gay pride during the pride month, this is f-cking insulting for all the LGTBQ+ Palestinian victims.

The LGBTQ+ Palestinians are miserable and no one cares about them.

Edited by River
I'm not serious 99% of the times ;)

Wigless

DC Pride sweetie... the Jews are like the least homophobic religion. 🤡s

PartySick
2 hours ago, rumours said:

I- :air:

messy infomercial GIF

Shhh I've been drinking and I was at the beach don't judge me. I love everyone.

ltlmnstr
2 hours ago, Wigless said:

DC Pride sweetie... the Jews are like the least homophobic religion. s

It's a separate march from the main DC Pride. So don't further the confusion.

It's subjective on which religion is "the least homophobic" because all Abrahamic Religions state same-sex relations is sin.

You're always going to have homophobia.

• Thanks 1

Melech
10 hours ago, PartySick said:

They banned it because it looks like the Israeli flag, not because it's a Jewish flag. There's a difference. Their intention isn't to be anti-Jewish, it's to be anti-Israel.

Tbh, I think putting any religious symbol on the pride flag is kind of like putting a "POC pride/BLM ✊🏽" symbol on a Confederate flag. I know that's not a great analogy but it's the best I got atm :emma:

But if they're allowing a Christian and Muslim one they should just allow the Star of David one :shrug:

Again, the Star of David is more than a religious symbol.