Stefani Tee
🎤 Use code GAGAVEGAS at SeatGeek.com to get $20 off tickets 🎤
Sign in to follow this  
lgbt

DC pride bans Jewish pride flag

Featured Posts

Melech
2 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

They should ban all of them, let's leave religion/countries out of it.

Then flags with a brown and black stripe shouldn’t be used either. Jews are an ethnicity which gets discrimination for its ethnicity, not the religion. 

FATCAT
1 minute ago, Melech said:

Then flags with a brown and black stripe shouldn’t be used either. Jews are an ethnicity which gets discrimination for its ethnicity, not the religion. 

Well that's quite a conundrum. They should come up with a flag that's separate so that it's distinct..

█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓ This püssy grabs back. █▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓

Melech
6 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

Well that's quite a conundrum. They should come up with a flag that's separate so that it's distinct..

I don’t think Jews should be told what to wave or what not. 

Faysalaaa
35 minutes ago, Melech said:

For ****s sake, read the ****ing article.  No, they don’t allow it to save the Jewish pride flag. Stop excusing antisemites. 

Just because I came up with a different conclusion, does not mean I did not read the article. The article says they are against the Israeli flag and Jewish Pride flag. The reason why they banned the Jewish gay pride flag is because its literally the Israel flag but with rainbows on it. Jewish symbolism and pride are welcome but Israeli flags are not.

• Like 1

Marges

It‘s not okay to discriminate Jews or any other ethnicity. 

Imo they should ban all the flags at a pride and only use the rainbowflag in general. Because this flag stands for ALL of us. Or they accept it that there are also gay jews out there. I mean wtf we are in 2019 :air:

Does this make sense? 

Edited by Marges

Melech
14 minutes ago, Faysalaaa said:

Just because I came up with a different conclusion, does not mean I did not read the article. The article says they are against the Israeli flag and Jewish Pride flag. The reason why they banned the Jewish gay pride flag is because its literally the Israel flag but with rainbows on it. Jewish symbolism and pride are welcome but Israeli flags are not.

It’s literally just the Star of David on a rainbow flag 

Faysalaaa

It’s literally just the Star of David on a rainbow flag 

You told me to read the article, this is what the article says:

“The issue [with the Jewish Pride flag] is where the Star of David is positioned in a way that looks like an Israeli flag, it creates an unsafe space”

I think its ridiculous and Muslims should not have a "safe space" in Gay pride. I think if you went with the star of David, they would allow it but not the flag that looks like the Israeli flag. So I think its anti semitism but who knows maybe im wrong?

• Like 1

FATCAT
1 hour ago, Melech said:

I don’t think Jews should be told what to wave or what not. 

If you wanna put it that way

█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓ This püssy grabs back. █▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓

PoshLife

One thing I want to make sure people know is that this is a niche parade, NOT the main pride parade in DC (which is today). I've lived in DC for 13 years and have never heard of the D.C. Dyke March before they made this EXTREMELY unconscionable decision.

I look forward to NOT supporting their group.

1 hour ago, Faysalaaa said:

Im sure if someone wants to celebrate being a Gay Jew, they would allow it.

“This includes Israeli flags, as well as flags that resemble Israeli flags, such as a pride flag with a Star of David in the middle,” march organizer Rae Gaines said. 

Sis do you even read things before you respond to them :toofunny: 

Edited by PoshLife
I have to be less of a Ruby and more of a Marie
  • Like 1

mic

I think involving religion (meaning politics at the same time) is unecessary for pride events. Of course pride is political in its purpose, however these symbols make things more messy. And let's not even talk about the fact that in the name of religion we are witnessing genocide nowadays and these symbols should stay away imho. No negativity hould be present at pride.

Melech
3 minutes ago, mic said:

I think involving religion (meaning politics at the same time) is unecessary for pride events. Of course pride is political in its purpose, however these symbols make things more messy. And let's not even talk about the fact that in the name of religion we are witnessing genocide nowadays and these symbols should stay away imho. No negativity hould be present at pride.

It’s not a religious symbol. It’s a symbol of an ethnicity. And there is no genocide in the name of the Star of David or Jews. 

mic

It’s not a religious symbol. It’s a symbol of an ethnicity. And there is no genocide in the name of the Star of David or Jews. 

It's like the flag of Turkey - flag of a country but also religious symbol so it's tricky how it can be interpeted by masses. Also politics and religion live in symbiosis one can't tell exactly in whose name it happens.

Melech
1 minute ago, mic said:

It's like the flag of Turkey - flag of a country but also religious symbol so it's tricky how it can be interpeted by masses. Also politics and religion live in symbiosis one can't tell exactly in whose name it happens.

Again: the Star of David is a symbol of a culture. 

Faysalaaa
14 minutes ago, PoshLife said:

“This includes Israeli flags, as well as flags that resemble Israeli flags, such as a pride flag with a Star of David in the middle,” march organizer Rae Gaines said. 

Sis do you even read things before you respond to them :toofunny: 

sis do you read my comments before responding to them? I did respond to that in my first comment

CustomGiuseppe

Pride should celebrate LGBT+ from all walks of life IMO (unless they're racist/homophobic/transphobic of course)

If they ban one groups representation they should ban the other 

xoxo Joanne