đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Matthew Koma skulldrags Zedd in Insta post

Supersonic

Featured Posts

babyboo
1 minute ago, Supersonic said:

He wouldn't have posted if people hadn't kept on asking, It's easy to say "keep it private" if you never experienced a flood of insatiable, drama hungry followers and fans asking you the same questions every day of your life. Not to mention that specifically avoiding questions like this causes fans to make up their own stories and rumors. Personally, I think nowadays it's totally valid for somebody in the public light to set the record straight and take control of situations instead of letting rumors blow up and blow out of proportion.

I personally think a better way of handling things could be done. Instead of putting out  a 'one time zedd didn't let me perform the song in a lower key when i was sick' petty statement, he could put out a simple 'i don't personally feel comfortable with working with him anymore' statement. Drama hungry fans (lbr they're usually pre-teens on twitter/ig) are the worst but him fueling it making him as bad as them.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Killa

This doesnt shock me at all.

I saw an official video about his last album and it's obvious he has nothing to do with the music besides giving a bit of his touch..

he's just a name

Supersonic
16 minutes ago, babyboo said:

I personally think a better way of handling things could be done. Instead of putting out  a 'one time zedd didn't let me perform the song in a lower key when i was sick' petty statement, he could put out a simple 'i don't personally feel comfortable with working with him anymore' statement. Drama hungry fans (lbr they're usually pre-teens on twitter/ig) are the worst but him fueling it making him as bad as them.

I mean... I don't really think the post is that abrasive or scandalous in the first place, neither do I think that him mentioning that Zedd didn't let him perform in a lower key is "petty". I actually kind of think it's important to know for any other musician who happens to collaborate with him and in the future and has to perform while being sick. If I was a singer, I'd like to know whether somebody is willing to sacrifice my personal health for that sake of keeping his ego intact. :shrug:

Putting a "I don't feel comfortable working with him anymore" statement would have fed the flames even more, because it invites the "why?" question.  Rumors spread fast nowadays, people on twitter, forums, comment sections will speculate about the reasons why in explicit detail. A short "I don't feel comfortable working with him" can turn in "Zedd sexually assaulted Matthew Koma while working together" in 5 minutes on the internet, and Matthew would have been the one at fault for putting out an unclear statement and inviting speculation. Saying why you don't wanna work with somebody AND the reasons why makes it impossible for other people to twist the story and abuse it for their own benefit.

Defmix100

I don't know if it was mentioned here but I watched the making of that Middle song and it looked like it was basically all done (the production) before it even got to Zedd

babyboo
24 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

I mean... I don't really think the post is that abrasive or scandalous in the first place, neither do I think that him mentioning that Zedd didn't let him perform in a lower key is "petty". I actually kind of think it's important to know for any other musician who happens to collaborate with him and in the future and has to perform while being sick. If I was a singer, I'd like to know whether somebody is willing to sacrifice my personal health for that sake of keeping his ego intact. :shrug:

Zedd is not exactly a good person for that, but every celeb should know by now that by creating these kinda posts people WILL take sides and blow the issue way out of proportions. All i'm saying if it's only for the sake of addressing the issue, there are a million better alternatives to do this. Now we don't know if that's what he wants or he just wants clout do we?

24 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Putting a "I don't feel comfortable working with him anymore" statement would have fed the flames even more, because it invites the "why?" question.  Rumors spread fast nowadays, people on twitter, forums, comment sections will speculate about the reasons why in explicit detail. A short "I don't feel comfortable working with him" can turn in "Zedd sexually assaulted Matthew Koma while working together" in 5 minutes on the internet, and Matthew would have been the one at fault for putting out an unclear statement and inviting speculation. Saying why you don't wanna work with somebody AND the reasons why makes it impossible for other people to twist the story and abuse it for their own benefit.

Oh i don't think it would fed the flames more at all. People would speculate and talk, but after some time it would just die off and articles would be written as 'Matthew Koma has a falling out with Zedd', instead of 'Zedd is a horrible person and is now cancelled'. See when he does this Zedd would come out with a retaliation statement, and it will go on and on and it's simply the worst thing he could do if all he wants is to announce that he's done working with Zedd.

I'm gonna make this simple and say we just simply have a different moral values. I DON'T think his career should be punished bc he's not exactly a kind respectful person (this assuming the allegations are true). If he's done criminal things like Harvey Weinstein yes absolutely, but this is not nearly at the same level at all. You think people's career should depends on how they behave and we simply don't agree on that.

Deagan

Pretty sure Gaga had him under her thumb though. Gaga wouldn't let a producer tell her ****. She's music industry royalty.

MikelAS
28 minutes ago, babyboo said:

Zedd is not exactly a good person for that, but every celeb should know by now that by creating these kinda posts people WILL take sides and blow the issue way out of proportions. All i'm saying if it's only for the sake of addressing the issue, there are a million better alternatives to do this. Now we don't know if that's what he wants or he just wants clout do we?

Oh i don't think it would fed the flames more at all. People would speculate and talk, but after some time it would just die off and articles would be written as 'Matthew Koma has a falling out with Zedd', instead of 'Zedd is a horrible person and is now cancelled'. See when he does this Zedd would come out with a retaliation statement, and it will go on and on and it's simply the worst thing he could do if all he wants is to announce that he's done working with Zedd.

I'm gonna make this simple and say we just simply have a different moral values. I DON'T think his career should be punished bc he's not exactly a kind respectful person (this assuming the allegations are true). If he's done criminal things like Harvey Weinstein yes absolutely, but this is not nearly at the same level at all. You think people's career should depends on how they behave and we simply don't agree on that.

Unethical behavior should be called out, and Matthew was right to do so. Zedd taking credit for the hard work of others while getting all of the name recognition and money is something that needed to be stopped. 

ThatAsianGuy

Good thing Gaga is not working with him anymore. Im sure she could sense what his true color was back in the days.

Supersonic
29 minutes ago, babyboo said:

Oh i don't think it would fed the flames more at all.

Personally, I think that's very naive to think.

31 minutes ago, babyboo said:

I mean yeah. Whether or not you make it far in your career should be based on the quality of your work AND whether you treat your co-workers with respect and a basic level of human kindkness, and I don't really think that's bad thing to believe in. You make it sound like as if that was a negative thing.

TheFame Monster
57 minutes ago, Deagan said:

Pretty sure Gaga had him under her thumb though. Gaga wouldn't let a producer tell her ****. She's music industry royalty.

She literally picked instrumentals that he already had. One of them he didn't even produce (Aura), he bought it off someone else. Who knows if he even produced GUY. It was only in his documentary for 15 seconds

BalmungBard

This makes total sense to be honest cause I remember at one point after ARTPOP was Gaga said something about getting fed up about producers changing her work behind her back and messing with the vocals and melodies. I honestly wonder if any of that pointed towards Zedd. I mean she hasn’t worked with him since. 

NYC - Gamer - Artist - Writer - FFXIV Balmung

Reductive
8 hours ago, Lance said:

I’m not even white 

next 

Congratulations, you have won this week’s wooosh challenge! Your reward is a $5 dollar shopping spree at walmart!

o3l1h3DuEs93lW8uaUeYGl5cIvRIUWjWoVf82KJR

Madame Twink

TSUNAMI
9 hours ago, TheSlash said:

Good for him, I can't even do programming properly in C :vegas: 

Reveal hidden contents

That programmer joke is just so bad :bradley:  :ally:  :selena: 

It's not. It's sharp. :trollga:

TSUNAMI
7 hours ago, A Star Is Born said:

Not when it’s her second album.

In which universe?