Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Can Katy Perry surpass Taylor Swift, critically and commercially?

Bradley

Who do you think will be remembered more favourably with her new era?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. Title

Featured Posts

gypsy101
7 hours ago, Bradley said:

There is a question 'Who do you think...' above the poll, it's not very conspicuous but it's there.

oh i see it now! why are they asking two questions lol

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
illySpencer

Katy extends her own record to be the only woman to have 4 songs who sold 6 millions pure in the USA ! 

zakariah
5 hours ago, Pray4FameGa said:

I’m sorry but Taylor’s talent and songwriting skills are so beyond Katy, that’s why she’s more acclaimed.

Also when Katy started flopping hard it wasn’t because of any other reason than her music starting to really suck, as well as her weird “off” attitude and composure. Swish Swish and most of Witness was awful.

Taylor gets so much hate but 1989 is seriously one of the best pop records of all time. It’s timeless, I’ll be playing it until I die. I can’t say the same for any of KP’s music.

Katy relies on her gimmicks and producers, Taylor relies on her raw songwriting ability and her lyrics and style. I just think this is one thing the critics got right, and why TS has so many Grammys.

I think I phrased my post wrongly but I'm actually on Taylor's side completely, & I 100% agree with you :flop:

Maleficent

taylor’s songwriting was peak during Red (state of grace, all too well, sad beautiful tragic). it’s become almost cheap in eras following. her lyrics are now on par with katy’s. 

actually katy’s lyrics were also arguably better during OOTB (self inflicted, i’m still breathing, thinking of you, lost) if she did in fact write as much as she claims in the credits

Taylucifer

Taylor can basically outsell every artist out there - except Adele - especially when it comes to tours and albums. Katy hasn't reached that level and I don't think she will. The best option for her is to try and become critically acclaimed because rn the GP don't care about what she does at all. Will she be able to beat Taylor in that area? Probably not but we'll see. 

The Tortured Poets Department is out NOW

ElectricAlley

I don’t think Katy is changing her image, rather just a return to form. Her new song and video are very Katy Perry, but honestly I’m here for it. I think the song will do well, the radio will play it, but I don’t think it will be a mega hit like she used to get. Taylor will do well for years to come. When her pop career goes dry, she can return back to country and have successful albums for years to come. I was super disappointed in Me! but I’m sure her album will have some good songs and successful singles. 

Bradley

I've refrained from voting up until now, and I voted for Katy.

I still think Taylor will reign commercially, but I actually think Katy will be more respected with this era than Taylor will.

• 6 months later...
Bradley

Welp time proved me wrong. :bradley:

I love Harleys in Hawaii and Small Talk but sis gotta reinvent and do her promotion properly.

i think Katy is Jlo of our generation - seven years on top then 5 years on flop :triggered:

there is only one bitch // the real one // B R I T N E Y

Archived