💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Can Katy Perry surpass Taylor Swift, critically and commercially?

Bradley

Who do you think will be remembered more favourably with her new era?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. Title

Featured Posts

RoverLoader

Why do you guys care about Grammies? It's literally the most worthless award. There are like 600 categories and they've awarded some truly dubious acts over the years: Milli Vanilli anyone? I mean who won best triangle player last year and do you really give a ****? :trollga:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RAMROD
3 minutes ago, RoverLoader said:

Why do you guys care about Grammies? It's literally the most worthless award. There are like 600 categories and they've awarded some truly dubious acts over the years: Milli Vanilli anyone? I mean who won best triangle player last year and do you really give a ****? :trollga:

Say anything, still doesn't change the fact that artists still take it  as one of highest achievement. Why do you think Gaga cried when she receives her first Grammy ever? Why do you think Adele cried too? :trollga:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ AND I'M VICTORIA, MALCOLM! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Bradley
15 minutes ago, TimisaMonster said:

Taylor can have a bad era like "Reputation" and still come back with a flop lead single and nobody cares cuz she is still Taylor Swift

Isn't this what we said when Teenage Dream, Roar, Dark Horse, Firework, Part of Me all exploded? I remember we were so threatened by Chained to the Rhythm, and people thought Witness was going to do ten times better than Joanne, and Joanne was the one nominated for three Grammys, winning one, got a Superbowl and Coachella deal, and visiting arenas and stadiums at a higher average-gross-per-night.

RoverLoader
2 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Say anything, still doesn't change the fact that artists still take it  as one of highest achievement. Why do you think Gaga cried when she receives her first Grammy ever? Why do you think Adele cried too? :trollga:

Cos they were drunk by the time their categories came around? I mean they had to sit through 345 other awards being handed out before it got to theirs :ally:

RoverLoader
2 minutes ago, Bradley said:

Isn't this what we said when Teenage Dream, Roar, Dark Horse, Firework, Part of Me all exploded? I remember we were so threatened by Chained to the Rhythm, and people thought Witness was going to do ten times better than Joanne, and Joanne was the one nominated for three Grammys, winning one, got a Superbowl and Coachella deal, and visiting arenas and stadiums at a higher average-gross-per-night.

Out of interest, which actually sold more? Joanne or Witness?

Bradley
10 minutes ago, RoverLoader said:

The panel is made up of professionals who have worked long in the music industry, and what is worthless about being recognised by your peers who are well-versed in the art and craft of music, something musicians are supposed to excel in?

Bradley
Just now, RoverLoader said:

Joanne I believe.

Joanne also grossed $95 million from 49 dates, and Witness did like $52 million from 52 shows, and the full boxscore of Witness wasn't even released.

RoverLoader
2 minutes ago, Bradley said:

The panel is made up of professionals who have worked long in the music industry, and what is worthless about being recognised by your peers who are well-versed in the art and craft of music, something musicians are supposed to excel in?

Mainly because a lot of people who have received such awards are certainly NOT well-versed in the art and craft of music. The above mentioned Milli Vanilli example, they didn't even sing on their own record LOL!

The Grammies are simply a back slapping popularity contest - infact much like the Oscars. Who was hot that year, who sold the most? That's what they are all about. The fact that Adele won all those awards for 25 sums it up to me. Such a vanilla, forgettable album was honestly the best album out of ALL the albums that year? Or was it simply the fact it sold 20 million? :trollga:

I mean Cardi fkn B has a Grammy LMAO Are we saying that Cardi B is well versed in the art and craft of music? Come onnnnn :madge:

RAMROD
11 minutes ago, RoverLoader said:

Cos they were drunk by the time their categories came around? I mean they had to sit through 345 other awards being handed out before it got to theirs :ally:

Gaga's first Grammy was announced very early on :trollga:

And she was sober enough to tweet about it

3 minutes ago, RoverLoader said:

Mainly because a lot of people who have received such awards are certainly NOT well-versed in the art and craft of music. The above mentioned Milli Vanilli example, they didn't even sing on their own record LOL!

The Grammies are simply a back slapping popularity contest - infact much like the Oscars. Who was hot that year, who sold the most? That's what they are all about. The fact that Adele won all those awards for 25 sums it up to me. Such a vanilla, forgettable album was honestly the best album out of ALL the albums that year? Or was it simply the fact it sold 20 million? :trollga:

I mean Cardi fkn B has a Grammy LMAO Are we saying that Cardi B is well versed in the art and craft of music? Come onnnnn :madge:

This just confirmed that you don't get it. :gayhat:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ AND I'M VICTORIA, MALCOLM! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

RoverLoader
6 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Gaga's first Grammy was announced very early on :trollga:

And she was sober enough to tweet about it

This just confirmed that you don't get it. :gayhat:

Oh the irony LMFAO.

No.  It just confirms that you disagree. But by all means, continue to buy and consume music you wouldn't even entertain simply because music industry bigwigs told you too. There's a good chap. :whitney:

Bradley
1 hour ago, RoverLoader said:

I'm not the biggest fan of Adele, but to say that you can sell 20 million copies without having the ability to write or sing a song well, is just a little ignorant. 'Vanilla, forgettable album', that's like the opinion of you? Why do you state it like it is a fact that should be shared between thousands of professionals in the panel and industry? And, am I supposed to think (no offence) that the opinion of a random Internet user, is more valuable and reliable than those who actually sit down to write a song, sing it, perfect it, perform it?

And Cardi B won for Rap, it's not like she won for Best Pop Solo Performance or anything.

JevyDuty
38 minutes ago, RoverLoader said:

Wow... just wow.

How do you explain Kacey Musgraves winning AOTY? 

Edit: I listened to Golden Hour after she won for the first time and it's an awesome album. You might not agree but so was 25.

Reject False Icons

I’m all with the Grammy rejection

Yes they might be a popular recognition of talent but nothing else further of the reality. 

In 2017 we witnessed an injustice but somehow it confirms what pretty much is about “popularity” and then when Gaga made an impact out of the sudden they give her 3 awards. I won’t forget it and it seems like most of you did :saladga:

Why do we brag around judging artistic value based on Grammys earned, that doesn’t make sense at all, Beyoncé isn’t the Supreme Artist as 20+ statues back it up or Björk couldn’t be taken seriously as 0 Grammys don’t prove she has artistic vision

Guys come on, Is it too much too ask for you to remember something that happened 2 years ago

KatieJudasGaga4
49 minutes ago, RoverLoader said:

Witness just crossed 1m worldwide I think and Joanne crossed 1m in 2016 in just 2 months

Archived