Apple Music
society

Pope: Abortion equates to “hiring a Hitman”

Featured Posts

Kimmo

giphy.gif

Pope Francis said Saturday that abortion can never be condoned, even when the fetus is gravely sick or likely to die, and urged doctors and priests to support families to carry such pregnancies to term.

Speaking to a Vatican-sponsored anti-abortion conference, Francis said the opposition to abortion isn’t a religious issue but a human one.

“Is it licit to throw away a life to resolve a problem?” he asked. “Is it licit to hire a hitman to resolve a problem?”

Francis denounced decisions to abort based on prenatal testing, saying a human being is “never incompatible with life.”

Even those babies destined to die at birth or soon thereafter deserve to receive medical care in the womb, Francis said, adding that their parents need to be supported so they don’t feel isolated and afraid.

While one can argue about using medical resources this way, there is value to it for the parents, he said.

“Taking care of these children helps parents to grieve and not only think of it as a loss, but as a step on a path taken together,” Francis said, he has spoken out strongly against abortion but also has expressed sympathy for women who have had them and made it easier for them to be absolved of the sin of abortion.

His comments come as the abortion debate is again making headlines in the U.S. with state initiatives seeking to restrict the procedure.

https://www.apnews.com/5137019e19c5410aa7e2c2b68f21824f

Tragic!
  • LMAO 14
  • Sad 10
  • Thanks 1

thierryrreiht

I wonder if priests had raped girls instead of boys, if they would have jumped on abortion to erase the evidence :oprah:

• Like 17
  • LMAO 2
  • Shook 2

Shipper

Omg that gif.  Im dyyyyiiinnggh. 

:wtfga::ladyhaha::ladyhaha:

Box me up
  • LMAO 14

M Monstre

It's dumbfounded that the Church establishes this heavy "pro-life" attitude when it comes to abortion, but then denies and covers up allegations that they're sexually assaulting children and fails to put this energy and effort in things like adoption.

Like, if you're so ****ing "pro-life" help take care of the children that already exist. Stop focusing your energy on a kid that isn't even developed, and instead focus on calling out priests who take advantage of their position and rape/molest kids and taking the time to inform people about helping out with the awful adoption system.

Edited by M Monstre
𝙃𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙚𝙧. 𝙁𝙪𝙧𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧. 𝙁𝙖𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙧.
  • Like 17
  • YAAAS 1
  • Sad 1

Florin

He can say what he wants. People can believe in what they want. The problem is that a state shouldnt tell people what to believe. Its a woman decision if she wants a child or not and we should respect her choice.

• Like 14
  • YAAAS 1
  • Sad 1

Morphine Prince

But will the Church launch a global effort to promote sex education and provide ease of access to reproductive health products? 

You know, something that actually reduces the need of abortions? 

No? Then stfu. 

For the debt I owe, gotta sell my soul, 'Cause I can't say no, no, I can't say no
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 6

kyanewest

This pope needs to shut the **** up

Dr Dre don't just stand there, operate!
  • LMAO 5
  • YAAAS 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

Biggest Fan

:awkney:

I just need to think before writting what I want to write right now

• LMAO 2
  • YAAAS 1

River
55 minutes ago, thierryrreiht said:

I wonder if priests had raped girls instead of boys, if they would have jumped on abortion to erase the evidence :oprah:

It already happened

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/06/world/europe/pope-francis-sexual-abuse-nuns.html

The sexual abuse of nuns and religious women by Catholic priests and bishops — and the abortions that have sometimes resulted — has for years been overshadowed by other scandals in the Roman Catholic Church.

I'm not serious 99% of the times ;)
  • Shook 1
  • Thanks 1

Taide

Ok now go back supporting and hiding evidence of priest raping underaged boys, twat.

• Thanks 4

Antonio

pre order Madame X

giphy.gif

Mío chico loco, muy guay contigo-go
  • LMAO 6
  • YAAAS 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2