Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
society

International Pedo Ring Busted, 50 Children Rescued

Featured Posts

RAMROD

The arrests were made in Thailand, Australia and the US and more are expected, Interpol said.

The investigation began in 2017 and focused on a hidden "dark web" site with 63,000 users worldwide.

Police believe 100 more children have suffered abuse and are working to identify them.

Operation Blackwrist was launched by Interpol after it detected images showing 11 boys aged under 13 being abused on a site where people can use encrypted software to maintain secrecy.

The dark net is an internet area beyond the reach of mainstream search engines.

The US Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) department traced the IP address of the website, which was hosting photos and videos of abuse.

The first arrests came last year, when the site's main administrator, Montri Salangam, was detained in Thailand, and another administrator, Ruecha Tokputza, was caught in Australia.

Salangam, who abused one of his nephews, was sentenced to 146 years in prison in Thailand, while an accomplice, a pre-school teacher, got 36 years.

Tokputza was sentenced to 40 years on Friday after pleading guilty to 51 charges against 11 babies and boys, the heaviest sentence ever handed down in Australia for child sex offences.

Police found thousands of images taken in both Thailand and Australia on his devices. In some of them Tokputza was the main abuser. The youngest victim to be identified was 15 months old.

The identities of the others arrested are yet to be released, but some are residing in the US and held public positions of trust, said Eric McLoughlin, the HSI's regional attache in Bangkok.

Full news at Source:

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-48379983

I hope the Interpol release all of their indentities into the public. It is worrying.  🤬🤬🤬

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ♥ One ♥ Too ♥ Many ♥ Mornings ♥
  • Like 3
  • Shook 2
  • Sad 1

Zander

Makes me wonder about the 1000's of other possible websites there is on the "dark web" - You must have to be fairly tech sophisticated to be able to know where to look. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Quartz

These things happen all the time. Children and other victims are being raped, sold, and killed this very moment. I'm happy they got caught.

Let's be nice to each other <3
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

RAMROD
3 minutes ago, Zander said:

Makes me wonder about the 1000's of other possible websites there is on the "dark web" - You must have to be fairly tech sophisticated to be able to know where to look. 

Very dark websites. All you need is specialized browser. You can find anything. Like, anything. Drug and fire arms dealing. Professional assasins hiring, lots of them are well trained and ex military. Live cams of people, usually homeless, being kidnapped and tortured then killed. Depends on patron who pay for it, in bitcoins. And more.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ♥ One ♥ Too ♥ Many ♥ Mornings ♥
  • Like 2
  • Shook 1

theahsfan

We need to combat this problem by offering confidential support and therapy to people who are scared that they're gonna do horrific things and have pedophilic urges, instead of doctors/GPs reporting them straight to the police if they try to confess that they have troubling thoughts although they haven't harmed a child

It would cut down the number of offenders and therefore victims 

• Like 2

LordEnigma

I don't understand at all. It's so sad.

I know this can be kind of controversial but if someone has not directly hurt/molested a child but comes forth to say they deal with this attraction, I hope that our society will focus on healing rather than throwing in prison. I'm sure if people were able to open up to mental health professionals about this attraction without consequence... We would see a lot less of this.

• Like 1

LordEnigma
5 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Very dark websites. All you need is specialized browser. You can find anything. Like, anything. Drug and fire arms dealing. Professional assasins hiring, lots of them are well trained and ex military. Live cams of people, usually homeless, being kidnapped and tortured then killed. Depends on patron who pay for it, in bitcoins. And more.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro.co.uk/2017/02/27/what-is-a-red-room-do-darkweb-live-stream-murder-sites-really-exist-6476047/amp/

Although I wouldn't be surprised, do you have any evidence of the "pay per view" torture and killing websites? 

LeBlanc
37 minutes ago, theahsfan said:

We need to combat this problem by offering confidential support and therapy to people who are scared that they're gonna do horrific things and have pedophilic urges, instead of doctors/GPs reporting them straight to the police if they try to confess that they have troubling thoughts although they haven't harmed a child

It would cut down the number of offenders and therefore victims 

As much as I do believe in that idea and how it could change things, the situation is super sensitive and complex.

Most confidentiality rules are broken if you could be a threat to yourself or someone else. 

It's a case by case situation but we also have to look out for the children who could be at risk, someone needs to look out for them.

You can't be thrown in prison for thoughts or urges so they wouldn't be and for that they can get help, but a professional also needs to be able to assess whether or not this person is a risk and if they are then it's their duty to protect the potential victims so they never have to become subjected to abuse.

I'm a spirit on a human journey baby
  • Like 1

Loeppke
50 minutes ago, Zander said:

From what I understand, you don’t just stumble upon those websites, you have to know where you’re looking. I only know that from YouTubers who search the deep web, they claim to have never accidentally visited one of those websites. :oops:

like what you see? my number is 1-800-u-wish
  • Like 1

modern ecstasy
46 minutes ago, Alexander Levi said:

I don't understand at all. It's so sad.

I know this can be kind of controversial but if someone has not directly hurt/molested a child but comes forth to say they deal with this attraction, I hope that our society will focus on healing rather than throwing in prison. I'm sure if people were able to open up to mental health professionals about this attraction without consequence... We would see a lot less of this.

Maybe if they haven’t viewed child ****ography, but if they have like the people visiting the site in the article they are still contributing to children being abused even if they haven’t done it directly. They make it possible for those sites to have an audience and user base.

• Like 2

LordEnigma
30 minutes ago, modern ecstasy said:

Maybe if they haven’t viewed child ****ography, but if they have like the people visiting the site in the article they are still contributing to children being abused even if they haven’t done it directly. They make it possible for those sites to have an audience and user base.

Well I understand that but I still think we need to open up the conversation about it - I really believe if we open the dialogue and allow people to confess their feelings to professionals before they start the process of harming children then we should. Would that not be better than just throwing them away?

It's a touchy subject but prevention is much better than busting these operations who have already harmed. And yes, these operations will still happen but reducing would be helpful.