Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
politics

Theresa May Announces Resignation as UK Prime Minister

Featured Posts

Ivannn

I feel sorry for her as a person. As a politican she deserved this end. 

• Like 9
  • LMAO 3

StarstruckIllusion

Anna OUP-

Phaye Monster

I actually liked her:( yes she wasn’t the best but she tried, all the options to replace her are much, much worse. 

I'm an ARTPOP bitch, baby
  • Like 2

RoverLoader

An unenviable task to try and deliver. We might be wishing for her return in a few weeks......

• Like 4

Free My Mind

Wonderful.

The Tory party is now going to spend the summer naval gazing and taking us closer to no-deal brexit.

• Like 1

Flopplause

I though her perseverance was very commendable, eventho I don't support Brexit, she was very adament to work together with all parties to get a deal everyone would support. Too bad she can't finish the job.

• Like 4

BenG

The impossibility to deliver Brexit lies in the arithmetic of the House of Commons. It has to be resolved with a preferential vote.

dit

can someone explain why she had to resign? is it cuz she could not get brexit to pass? if so then whats the logic behind her leaving? do they think the person that will replace her can get brexit to pass? im confused. thx in advance!

• Like 1

monster4life231
34 minutes ago, dit said:

can someone explain why she had to resign? is it cuz she could not get brexit to pass? if so then whats the logic behind her leaving? do they think the person that will replace her can get brexit to pass? im confused. thx in advance!

Her key deal on Brexit has been rejected three times by Parliament, one of which is the largest Parliamentary defeats in history. Following this, the Conservative party began to collapse and they lost over 1000 seats in local councils and are expected to be in 3rd/4th place in the European Parliament elections. A lot of the party has asked her to resign in order for a new leader to deliver Brexit.

spread peace - #MJInnocent
  • Thanks 1

BenG
36 minutes ago, dit said:

She couldn't command a majority for her deal after 3 attempts. When she reached out to the opposition for a compromise, it was rejected by the opposition and she also angered her own party

• Thanks 1

monster4life231

Glad she's gone. The ignorance this Government has shown towards disabled people, those with mental health, students and the victims of Grenfell Tower makes me so upset. There's little compassion in her, in my opinion. The next leader will most likely be the same. I hope that we can build a more caring society with a more understanding Government.

spread peace - #MJInnocent
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3