💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Lady Gaga Performing at Mandalay Bay Convention Center

KatieJudasGaga4

Featured Posts

itsmatthere

I'm all for Gaga performing for corporate/private events as a means of earning some cash and rehearsing her Enigma show, but.... does anyone know who owns AMWAY?  The DeVos family.... yes, THAT DeVos.  Betsy DeVos, Trump's hand-picked Secretary of Education and all around terrible human.  It's very disturbing to me that Gaga would perform for an event with such deep-rooted connections to the Trump administration unless she literally did not know, in which case I would attribute that to poor management. 

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
organic salad
59 minutes ago, SwissMonster said:

I can’t imagine her not touring LG6 tbh... Yes she probably made Vegas cause of her health but I don’t think it was the main focus cause we all forget about the fact the she signed the Vegas deal BEFORE her major problems wich caused the cancellation of the last JWT shows. 

I think they never planned Vegas as an alternative for touring. Just an extra. I think almost 100% sure she would Tour LG6 

She will when she's ready. Chris Baldizan, SVP for entertainment booking and development at MGM Resorts, said part of the reason MGM was able to book Gaga, an artist at the top of her game, for two full years was that "SHE WANTED TO GET OFF THE ROAD and take the wear and tear off her body."

Remember Gaga was hospitalized in Sept 2017 and had to cancel her Rock in Rio performance in Brazil and POSTPONE the European leg of her Joanne world tour, citing severe physical pain. She announced her Vegas residency in Dec 2017 but she's been having problems for years. 

Touring is BAD for her health, period. Postponing or cancelling shows is bad for business. Also, headlining her own Jazz show in Vegas is probably a big deal for her, a dream come true. 

YourCureness

Some of you accusing her that doing this corporate gigs are for the money. This is not in anyway different from touring, or a residency. They are all for money. 

ChromeAngel
2 hours ago, Luc said:

I mean, if this gets her some extra money :shrug: I know that Gaga uses a part of her money quite well. Let's say Gaga earns $300k a night doing these kind of things (including payments to management, staff, dancers, staging, etc). That means she earned a million this week. I'm okay with that, Gaga has given away millions of dollars in the past, multiple times.

But the point raised above that Gaga doesn't bother to go to Brazil while they absolutely love her there is right. I guess Gaga wants to perform for a non-fanbase public every once in a while.

Yes but there’s taxes which are huge. I’m not sure the percentage but she likely gets something near half that 

Damon
5 hours ago, giskardsb said:

There is no money anymore in single sales or streams.  One show is worth much more in Gaga pocket money.   It used to be tours were to promote album sales. Now it's flipped. The only money is in tours.  thank everyone that decided music should be free. 

shhh i'm trying to convince so we can get new music :grr:

... and now i just sit in silence.

MrHappy

These special events seems very cheap without stage design and with these little stages, why shes doing that I dont understand ?

Petrichor
1 hour ago, devilrhino said:

I wish she'd cater to her core fanbase again 😑

Why would she though? All anyone on here does is talk **** about her because she hasn't released the album on a delulu date they came up with together.

organic salad
6 hours ago, AJRocketMan said:

She absolutely did. As for what I meant, I don’t know... When Gaga performed Bad Romance last at the Super Bowl and at Coachella, I felt like it was too soon in her career to do so. I can understand if it was Bruce Springsteen, but she had an album to promote and I thought it was odd she didn’t make the Joanne singles the main priority during those opportunities. It took me by surprise.

Gaga talked about her Super Bowl Halftime show in her documentary, if I remember correctly. She said something like it's a big deal because she'd never done a "lifetime achievement" kind of thing. In other words, she thought of it as a celebration of her career. It's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, the Halftime show.  

More importantly, it's not a Lady Gaga concert, not really. It's the Super Bowl! She's performing for NON-FANS and casual fans who might recognize some of her biggest hits but not her new singles.. 

Million Reasons was a great choice though. It hit #4 on the Billboard Hot 100 a couple weeks after the Super Bowl.

Renie

Remember that interview from back in the day where she talks about performing smaller shows after her tour shows because her label didn’t give her enough money for the type of stage set she really wanted. Maybe this is similar to that? Maybe she’s doing these just because it’s an easy paycheck to pay for things she wants (haus beauty, lg6, lord knows what else). These events are also easy because it’s probably just a set payment amount as opposed to having to sell tickets for something. She shows up does a show she already knows, there’s a full crowd...

1 hour ago, itsmatthere said:

I'm all for Gaga performing for corporate/private events as a means of earning some cash and rehearsing her Enigma show, but.... does anyone know who owns AMWAY?  The DeVos family.... yes, THAT DeVos.  Betsy DeVos, Trump's hand-picked Secretary of Education and all around terrible human.  It's very disturbing to me that Gaga would perform for an event with such deep-rooted connections to the Trump administration unless she literally did not know, in which case I would attribute that to poor management. 

Thank you! I can't believe it took eight pages of discussion before someone brought up who owns Amway. I'm disgusted. 

TinyGa
6 minutes ago, mauvais said:

Thank you! I can't believe it took eight pages of discussion before someone brought up who owns Amway. I'm disgusted. 

Right?

As a software people myself I'd be happy if she performed at an event I was at... there's definitely plenty of debatable and actual harm in the tech industry but there is absolutely nothing redeeming about Amway or its owners. I don't think you can lump them together as all just corporate gigs (and I have no problem with her getting paid in general). Both the company and the DeVos family are awful and evil, predatory and causing lasting harm to real people's lives in business and public policy.

It seems likely that the reason for this performance could be something contractual or some other behind-the-scenes reason. Performing for Amway definitely doesn't enhance her image the way the Apple performance did - the opening of Apple Park was a big deal and something that will be part of tech history. I hope this one in particular wasn't just for the money, or if it was, that Bobby etc learn to vet these better.

LetsGetHigh

Only GGD fools would be criticizing a performer for booking performances.

riotx

Amway. You google them and first thing I see it's videos calling them out for scams. Sad.

G U C C I
2 hours ago, itsmatthere said:

While I can't believe she would be ok with doing a show for a company owned by this woman's family, I can understand how she may have been contractually obligated to do it. We have no idea what stipulations were in her Vegas contract or what requirements she agreed to with Interscope leading up to the release of her new album. 

Also if they haven't given her the budget she wants for her album/shows lord knows she usually puts up the rest to make it want she wants. This is a paycheck for her at the end of the day and her management booked what could afford her. Not to mention the other huge expenses she incurs yearly. Her security, team salaries, travel, properties, etc. girlfriend is probably doing all she can while she can to ensure it runs smoothly since she has been broke before.

Archived