Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Lady Gaga in Uğur Gallenkuş picture

MMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Featured Posts

VoldeLorde2

Is it bad that these photos didn’t make me feel any type of way except how happy I was that Gaga won her Oscar?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Adarsh

As if she didn’t work her ass off to reach where she is right now. And before you all say “But her family was rich” think about the fact that her parents were immigrants who worked hard too. The world has problems but we should not shame successful people for living comfortably. It’s their hard earned money. (Unless of course someone is a fraud etc)

Sanne Godijn

This is  a great  message an all but why did  the artist use gaga out off all poeple she doesnt deserve to be looked at this way

holy scheisse
10 minutes ago, Adarsh said:

As if she didn’t work her ass off to reach where she is right now. And before you all say “But her family was rich” think about the fact that her parents were immigrants who worked hard too. The world has problems but we should not shame successful people for living comfortably. It’s their hard earned money. (Unless of course someone is a fraud etc)

Her parents were immigrants? 

Guest Adarsh
41 minutes ago, holy scheisse said:

Her parents were immigrants? 

Yes, her family is Italian immigrant. 

holy scheisse
29 minutes ago, Adarsh said:

Yes, her family is Italian immigrant. 

I know that but I was asking her parents not family lol:noparty:

imnotyourbabe10

Thanks for sharing.  It's important to recognize privilege each and every day.  While it doesn't make life particularly fun, it's crucial to wake up and acknowledge one's social and literal "capital."  There are problems in Westernized cultures and underprivileged and under-served communities, to be sure, and this artist is throwing the overall culture back in our face.  :applause:

androiduser

Gaga is there because out of all the big celebs she's the one sobbing and over-acting the most.

Citrom
21 minutes ago, modern ecstasy said:

Can someone explain the Starbucks one to me :oprah:

I think it means that in developed countries we just drink whatever we want or a cup of coffee anytime but they don’t even have water they need to fight for it 

(if you asked because of the Gaga relation idk)

PunkTheFunk

:fail:

The photo is meant to show the contrast between the comfortable and overindulgent lifestyles we lead in the West and the horrors of war in the Middle East. On the left you have an injured Syrian boy who appears to be comforting his mother. On the right you have an extremely wealthy woman wearing  lavish jewelry, crying because she just won an award. The artist is trying to raise awareness for people affected by war and poverty who don't get nearly as much coverage as the images of wealth and extravagance we are bombarded with through social media. The fact that some of you are taking this as a personal attack on Gaga just shows that you have completely missed the point.

4 hours ago, Adarsh said:

You can't compare the plight of people in Syria with Gaga and her family "working hard". Also, Gaga's parents were not immigrants. Not even her grandparents were immigrants :laughga:

PunkTheFunk
32 minutes ago, modern ecstasy said:

Can someone explain the Starbucks one to me :oprah:

The photo above shows people in India crowding around a well to get water, while the Starbucks coffee cup at the bottom represents the ease and convenience of the West (you can just stroll into a Starbucks store and get yourself a extra venti trenti frenti double mocha frappuccino ariana grande)

LilyLark
30 minutes ago, androiduser said:

Gaga is there because out of all the big celebs she's the one sobbing and over-acting the most.

Yeah, but come on. I get that he isn't attacking her personally, but.....this isn't the first time I've seen this sort of thing, and artists ALWAYS use women as the face of "excess" and not Ronaldo's 12 million dollar car or one of the many Saudi princes (who are complicit in so much ish) and so on.

androiduser
26 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

Yeah, but come on. I get that he isn't attacking her personally, but.....this isn't the first time I've seen this sort of thing, and artists ALWAYS use women as the face of "excess" and not Ronaldo's 12 million dollar car or one of the many Saudi princes (who are complicit in so much ish) and so on.

true, but on top of the excess, Gaga is always sobbing in the middle of all the excess

Archived