💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Will Gaga dominate the 2020 Grammys?

Bradley

Featured Posts

LGMonster95

I don't know if she will dominate but I think she might get 1 or 2 Grammys which is still very good 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Widows Kiss

I want her to win AOTY/SOTY/ROTY which will definitely not happen this year... she has a enough minor field grammys at this point.

Mr S
3 hours ago, Mirages said:

The delusion is real up in here. :ladyhaha:

I don't expect any other nods than Best Compilation Soundtrack for Visual Media, AOTY (and that's not a certanity it's just that this year is quite weak) and Best Song Written for Visual Media (ARUTW).

Best Pop Solo most certainly will go to Halsey and Without Me that's gonna be a big contender and Best Pop/Duo Group has Old Town Road and that treachery of a song by Ed and JB.

Yeah lets not get delusional.

I agree with the soundtrack/visual media awards. She damn near has those in the bag. The only threat is probably Lion King songs.

AOTY is actually unlikely tbh. ASIB got its love last year when Shallow got general field nominations and was probably #2 in votes. It needed a second single to maintain the buzz. Sadly the era is over. There is no way they are gonna nominate something that had it's day in the sun already. IF it got a nomination a win is a huge possibility but the nomination will be tough. Plus I can't imagine Bradley Cooper winning the big prize.

Twitter

I can see Gaga taking a Grammy home, unless she releases new material. 

Mr S

It's better to under predict. Like last year nobody expected that Record of the Year and Pop Solo nomination. We all would have been happy with the Pop duo and to squeak into Song of the Year. 

Bradley
4 hours ago, Mirages said:

This year overall is very weak. Might be best chance for Gaga to win AOTY finally even though I'm not sure she's a shoe in for a nom just yet, because with Grammys you never know. Last year nominations were a big suprise, especially Taylor snubs and Shawn Mendes love. I wouldn't count out Ella Mai album either, she's been shown a lot of love last year and has a lot of acclaim.

I mean Album of the Year has 8 slots, not sure if you remember, so that's like plenty of room, besides, A Star Is Born was critically praised to the heavens so.

3 hours ago, Thomas P said:

SOTY/ROTY she won’t even get nominated, and it’s very unlikely she gets in pop/duo group. 

Didn't they say Joanne wouldn't get nominated for Best Pop Solo Performance?

It kinda won if you remember.

Bradley
2 hours ago, GrigioGirl1 said:

Yeah lets not get delusional.

I agree with the soundtrack/visual media awards. She damn near has those in the bag. The only threat is probably Lion King songs.

AOTY is actually unlikely tbh. ASIB got its love last year when Shallow got general field nominations and was probably #2 in votes. It needed a second single to maintain the buzz. Sadly the era is over. There is no way they are gonna nominate something that had it's day in the sun already. IF it got a nomination a win is a huge possibility but the nomination will be tough. Plus I can't imagine Bradley Cooper winning the big prize.

Black Panther got nominated despite it receiving less attention and acclaim than A Star Is Born, if Black Panther could get nominated, A Star Is Born definitely deserves the nomination more. It's simply more musically cohesive and adored than BP, and ASIB is actually a film about music.

And BP was released in like April, the ceremony was like 2019 February, I don't think ASIB will be forgotten anytime soon.

Mirages
10 minutes ago, Bradley said:

I mean Album of the Year has 8 slots, not sure if you remember, so that's like plenty of room, besides, A Star Is Born was critically praised to the heavens so.

Oh god I totally forgot the general field was extented!

I'm the bitch that's fragile

6 hours ago, AnnTakamaki said:

Will she ever releases LG6 ?:derpga::messga: 

Why doesn't she give us a little more information about LG6?:bradley:

Mr S
38 minutes ago, Bradley said:

Black Panther got nominated despite it receiving less attention and acclaim than A Star Is Born, if Black Panther could get nominated, A Star Is Born definitely deserves the nomination more. It's simply more musically cohesive and adored than BP, and ASIB is actually a film about music.

And BP was released in like April, the ceremony was like 2019 February, I don't think ASIB will be forgotten anytime soon.

Black Panther wasn't awarded the previous year. ASIB had one big song that got it's day in the sun already. 

Also, it's 2019 and the optics look better when the Grammys nominate a lot of rap albums vs something like ASIB. ASIB could even get the most votes but there is a committee that oversees the nominations.

Bradley
1 minute ago, GrigioGirl1 said:

Black Panther wasn't awarded the previous year. ASIB had one big song that got it's day in the sun already.Â ï»ż

Also, it's 2019 and the optics look better when the Grammys noï»żminate a lot of rap albums vs something like ASIB. ASIB could even get the most votes but there is a committee that oversees the nominations.

If anything, Shallow being awarded solidifies its recognition and acclaim rather than defeat it.

Adele won Best Pop Solo Performance in 2011 for Someone Like You, it didn't stop it from winning the very same category again in 2012 for Set Fire to the Rain.

Actually there are like 8 slots for general categories, and if 2019 was any indication, it's that the Grammys try to recognise as many genres as possible, including pop, hip-hop, as well as soundtracks.

Thomas P
1 hour ago, Bradley said:

Didn't they say Joanne wouldn't get nominated for Best Pop Solo Performance?

It kinda won if you remember.

I agree that an AOTY nom will happen, it’s pretty inevitable at this point, but I just don’t see it winning that category. 

Pop/duo group is already stacked like it or not. Unless she releases one of the ASIB collabs as a single and it does well (which definitely won’t happen) than I don’t see it. 

Ed/Justin, old town road, Me!, etc. will hog up the slots

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Enzo
8 hours ago, Bradley said:

Song of the Year: Always Remember Us This Way, I'll Never Love Again,

Record of the Year: Always Remember Us This Way, I'll Never Love Again,

Album of the Year: A Star Is Born

Best Pop Duo/Group Performance: Music to My Eyes/Diggin' My Grave/I Don't Know What Love Is (LG6 lead if it features someone)

:sure:

툭 êčŒëłŽë©Ž ì–Žêč€ì—†ìŽ ì†ŒëŠŹì§ˆëŸŹì™€

Mr S
2 hours ago, Bradley said:

If anything, Shallow being awarded solidifies its recognition and acclaim rather than defeat it.

Adele won Best Pop Solo Performance in 2011 for Someone Like You, it didn't stop it from winning the very same category again in 2012 for Set Fire to the Rain.

Actually there are like 8 slots for general categories, and if 2019 was any indication, it's that the Grammys try to recognise as many genres as possible, including pop, hip-hop, as well as soundtracks.

Adele is Adele. She cannot be used in any argument as an example as she is always the exception.

There have been others that have won back to back years but it's because they maintained the buzz throughout the whole season. ASIB had a ton of buzz early but has since faded thanks to the absence of a second single. 

There are really only 4 slots since half the slots will be for urban albums. Billie and Ariana will take 2 of those 4 which leaves 2 open slots.

Archived