other

The Waiter James Charles hit on at Tati’s B’Day speaks out

Ally Campana

Featured Posts

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JohnnyVersace

This is all a sticky situation, and opens a huge can of worms. We're really, as a society, reshaping the definition of consent, and it's become super problematic. 

This kid knowingly went to James' room, consented to kissing him, and now is uploading a video revealing his "truth"? He initially identified as bi-curious, then straight, then accuses James of questioning his sexuality when he already was himself? In this situation specifically, no lines were crossed by James, as it was two consenting adults participating, and the waiter was clearly using James for clout and was insecure with his own sexuality. That isn't James' fault, and it's obvious that the waiter uploading this video to pivot off the scandal for his own slice of fame. 

Through this whole thing, I'm actually a bit shocked as labeling him as a "sexual predator" and have been thinking a lot about my own sexual history. Like, I've definitely flirted with "straight guys" to see if there was anything there, and they've definitely reciprocated. Am I a predator for testing the waters with someone I find attractive?

Idk, James is super problematic and obviously has used his fame to coerce men into sleeping with him. But I feel like there really is a trend to expose everyone, and we're throwing out huge accusations and labels. If you consent to having sex with someone (willingly, sober, completely aware) regardless of your sexual orientation, it's kind of unfair to twist it and spin that into someone being a predator because you're insecure of your sexuality, or were experimenting. That just sounds like regret and blame to me. 

Biggest Fan

Someone said that James Charles  is the personification of Gagadaily

This is a good lesson for a young man, He can re evaluate and take this opportunity to grow

🤖

giskardsb

unfortunately social media will turn on you just as fast as it props people up.

Seeka
25 minutes ago, JohnnyVersace said:

This is all a sticky situation, and opens a huge can of worms. We're really, as a society, reshaping the definition of consent, and it's become super problematic. 

This kid knowingly went to James' room, consented to kissing him, and now is uploading a video revealing his "truth"? He initially identified as bi-curious, then straight, then accuses James of questioning his sexuality when he already was himself? In this situation specifically, no lines were crossed by James, as it was two consenting adults participating, and the waiter was clearly using James for clout and was insecure with his own sexuality. That isn't James' fault, and it's obvious that the waiter uploading this video to pivot off the scandal for his own slice of fame. 

Through this whole thing, I'm actually a bit shocked as labeling him as a "sexual predator" and have been thinking a lot about my own sexual history. Like, I've definitely flirted with "straight guys" to see if there was anything there, and they've definitely reciprocated. Am I a predator for testing the waters with someone I find attractive?

Idk, James is super problematic and obviously has used his fame to coerce men into sleeping with him. But I feel like there really is a trend to expose everyone, and we're throwing out huge accusations and labels. If you consent to having sex with someone (willingly, sober, completely aware) regardless of your sexual orientation, it's kind of unfair to twist it and spin that into someone being a predator because you're insecure of your sexuality, or were experimenting. That just sounds like regret and blame to me. 

Well first off, this is unlikely to be something to happen to normal people.  Like you have to have really done and pissed someone off to be exposed. And you have to be a horrible person to have something to be exposed with. 

Secondly, no matter what we do, we can't see this without a lens on. This dude is gonna be seen as money/fame hungry. James will just be seen as awful. Even Tati and Zara will not be free of negative outlook. 

The most we can do is piece together what information we have to get the correct information. 

And the information is leaning towards James having unhealthy, predatory behavior.

Also, let's be honest, gays seducing straights leads to nothing but issues. And straight men who stay with gay men aren't straight. 

Stone S

I dont feel bad, theres no excuse for being a **** person, especially when it comes to sexual harassment 

Idk how would he feel if a women tried forcing herself upon him :ohwell:

Welcome to Industria

beaublue

Yeah... James ain’t coming back from this lmao he’s lost 3 million subscribers now & it’s still dropping & Tati has gained 4 million... I’m happy people aren’t using his age as an excuse for predatory behavior like most of y’all are. Legit y’all sound like the republicans when they said “it’s just locker room talk” when the grab her by the p*ssy thing happened.

TheQueenLG

I have been too busy studying for college exams... Now I'm going to start looking into this controversy. Looks juicy -- I don't want to unstan sister James, but I will do it if necessary. 

Gonzi
6 hours ago, Supersonic said:

• had a falling out with a close friend because he publically supported products she is in direct competition in with (her business is new and tries to find its way into mainstream)

I think what makes it worse  is that that other vitamin company tried to sabotage Tati's launch and James knew that. The fact that he thought it was fine to associate himself with them after that is messed up. Who does that to a friend  :green:

Roland
2 hours ago, Wifey said:

Enough of the “he’s young” argument. This dude is constantly saying how fast he had to grow up because of his quick rise to fame so I’m not sure why people keep giving him this pass...

Predatory sexual behavior is not a “oh he’s just young” type issue. It’s symptomatic and WILL get worse as he gets older if it’s not checked. 

Hey guys remember when we were all 19 and sexual predators who used our sexuality to bully and make others uncomfortable? Oh to be young again. 

How was he a sexual predator? In both cases, the two other guys willingly experimented with him. James Charles being overly dramatic about things and blowing up etc. when he was rejected by them is not the same as being a sexual predator. Like it's not black and white.

This is how everyone seems to be viewing the situation from what I've read.

Guy 1 identifies as straight but is curious (which is totally fine).

Guy 2... gay and flirts with guy no. 1. They end up cuddling and kissing.

Everyone on YouTube and Twitter calls Guy 2 a sexual predator / deviant. 

Ehm based on everything I've seen and listened to... that seems very unfair. Not even a fan of James Charles! But I hate the mob mentality! 

Like unless something comes out about him trying to blackmail one of them, there's no evidence that he's a "sexual predator". Saying to his friends that he can hit on straight guys because he is a celebrity  does not actually make him a "sexual predator".

Unless there's more to the story...

7 hours ago, Sepsami said:

People are forgetting he's not even 20 yet

Everybody did dumb sh*t at that age, we just didn't get publicly shamed like he is.

I think people need to lay off and let him be, he'll realise soon enough he was wrong.

You actually have a point here 

Bio

Watched it earlier and I'm sorry but this kid is obviously after clout. He was the one that went after James. And saying James is the worst kisser ever adds nothing to the conversation, he just did it to humiliate him. That doesn't mean James isn't a jerk for saying he's not straight later but there's nothing on this story that says "sexual harassment". 

Queen of Pop
8 hours ago, Supersonic said:

• had a falling out with a close friend because he publically supported products she is in direct competition in with (her business is new and tries to find its way into mainstream)
• the business thing was just the droplet that was too much for her to handle, behind the scenes he's very manipulative and acts out his fever dreams of being a Plastic from Mean Girls. He's willing to throw away close friends for the pursuit of money and success and threatens his inner circle with his social media power in case they wanna stop being his friend
 • he previously sexually harrassed a waiter at said friend's wedding, after the wedding he then continued harrassing the waiter on Instagram, pressured him into a date and spammed his inbox with messages like "you're not straight, no matter how much you resist me"
• he has done similar things to several straight men on Instagram
• he sexually harrassed the boyfriend of another YouTuber (Jeffree Star)
• he sexually harrased the boyfriend of pop singer Zara Larsson
• he was exposed for catfishing straight guys on Tinder and got banned for his entire lifetime from the app
• after the falling out with his friend, he sold his story to drama channels in order to spin it in his favor

what is your definition of sexual harassment? he literally sent zara larsson's boyfriend a dm saying he's cute. i don't get how that's harassing anyone lol

btw i'm not a fan of him, just hate this cancel culture

JohnnyVersace
3 hours ago, Seeka said:

Well first off, this is unlikely to be something to happen to normal people.  Like you have to have really done and pissed someone off to be exposed. And you have to be a horrible person to have something to be exposed with. 

Secondly, no matter what we do, we can't see this without a lens on. This dude is gonna be seen as money/fame hungry. James will just be seen as awful. Even Tati and Zara will not be free of negative outlook. 

The most we can do is piece together what information we have to get the correct information. 

And the information is leaning towards James having unhealthy, predatory behavior.

Also, let's be honest, gays seducing straights leads to nothing but issues. And straight men who stay with gay men aren't straight. 

That's true, but with everyone growing their instagram followings and creating more content, there's a lot more influencers  than there used to be, and with that, a lot more people who are trying to expose them to grow there own platform. These scandals are constantly happening, and not just to "horrible people."

What I'm saying is that in this situation, nothing "horrible" happened. This waiter made out with James and is now trying to twist it into James pressuring and coercing him into sex or a relationship. Like, James has the funds, and offered to fly this guy out because he was interested and pursuing him. Sure, it's a little fast and intense, but predatory? No, sorry.  

"Predatory" is a huge accusation, and implies that he is forcing these guys into sex. But if you look at the past instances, a lot of these guys have also used him in order to grow their own followings. Of course these gay/straight relationships have issues and are way problematic, but James isn't the only bad guy here. It's just as awful for these guys to say they're interested and curious, then regret hooking up and publicly "expose" and drag him. That's just as awful. 

JohnnyVersace
22 minutes ago, Queen of Pop said:

what is your definition of sexual harassment? he literally sent zara larsson's boyfriend a dm saying he's cute. i don't get how that's harassing anyone lol

btw i'm not a fan of him, just hate this cancel culture

This is what I'm saying! This isn't ****ing predatory behavior, or sexual assault or harassment! Yes, he has crossed the line, but sliding into someone's DM does not warrant cancellation imo. 

Like, I'm sure we've all been suggestive to people that we're interested in, I don't understand the huge outcry. 

Archived