celeb

Cardi B MET dress was made with REAL feathers

Featured Posts

Billie Eilish

I still want a Gaga x Cardi collab 

billie slays your fave!

harajukumatt
1 hour ago, Alexander Levi said:

Do you know the cruelty behind feather plucking? They hold down the animal, restrain them by their feet and neck, and pluck the living **** out them.

Unless you think animal cruelty is cool and all..

Do you know the cruelty that goes behind probably 90% of your wardrobe? The human cost of cheap labour in parts of the world where laws don’t protect workers. Forced to work in unsanitary and dangerous  conditions for long hours making less money than we can imagine. Until we figure out how to lift all of humanity out of poverty, I’m sorry we have bigger things to worry about than feathers.

Unless you think treating humans like garbage and commodities is cool and all...

LordEnigma
5 hours ago, harajukumatt said:

Do you know the cruelty that goes behind probably 90% of your wardrobe? The human cost of cheap labour in parts of the world where laws don’t protect workers. Forced to work in unsanitary and dangerous  conditions for long hours making less money than we can imagine. Until we figure out how to lift all of humanity out of poverty, I’m sorry we have bigger things to worry about than feathers.

Unless you think treating humans like garbage and commodities is cool and all...

I understand how the fashion industry works, trust me. I rarely buy clothes unless I absolutely need them. It’s a modern day form of slavery and it’s really sad, terrible, and horrendous to those in third world countries who are forced into these “jobs” to “make” money. 

But how does pointing out animal cruelty make me arrogant to the other atrocities of the world? Should we just not give a **** about animal cruelty because there are other issues?

Should we just throw out all other issues in our communities because we should only focus on the big issues? 

I have the mental capacity to care about more than one issue at a time :vegas:

Edited by Alexander Levi
  • Thanks 1

Guillaume Hamon
12 hours ago, BornAsUnic0rn said:

f I’d find out you have beaten 1 person, I am just as pissed with your doings as if you would have beaten up 5 people.

There's a reason if the a justice court will be tougher with someone who robbed many person than with someone who robbed just one person. Society, people and the justice system find it worst.

BornAsUnic0rn
55 minutes ago, Guillaume Hamon said:

There's a reason if the a justice court will be tougher with someone who robbed many person than with someone who robbed just one person. Society, people and the justice system find it worst.

Well, someone who did rob several people did it repeatedly, which is worse than doing something once. So Gaga, who wore feathers, fur and leather (and meat 2 times actually) several times over a period of 10 years is ultimately worse than Cardi’s one time wearing a gigantic mass of feathers on one occasion. And so is several designers and fashion houses creating 6 looks for the event using a sh*t ton of feathers. 

If someone were to get a pass, it should be the person who does it once and regrets it, not the person who did it several times in the course of several years, just because they did it on a smaller basis. 

What’s worse, someone who stole something once for 2000 dollars, and not doing it again? Or someone who repeatedly stole around 50 dollars over the course of several years? Who should be punished harder? 

Oh and we all know the Justice System can be ****ed up. Someone possessing weed could be punished harder than someone who raped another human being. Men created prisons and laws to fit their narrative, to punish the people they view as lesser. 

Edited by BornAsUnic0rn

FfFfFfFF
40 minutes ago, BornAsUnic0rn said:

Well, someone who did rob several people did it repeatedly, which is worse than doing something once. So Gaga, who wore feathers, fur and leather (and meat 2 times actually) several times over a period of 10 years is ultimately worse than Cardi’s one time wearing a gigantic mass of feathers on one occasion. And so is several designers and fashion houses creating 6 looks for the event using a sh*t ton of feathers. 

If someone were to get a pass, it should be the person who does it once and regrets it, not the person who did it several times in the course of several years, just because they did it on a smaller basis. 

What’s worse, someone who stole something once for 2000 dollars, and not doing it again? Or someone who repeatedly stole around 50 dollars over the course of several years? Who should be punished harder? 

Oh and we all know the Justice System can be ****ed up. Someone possessing weed could be punished harder than someone who raped another human being. Men created prisons and laws to fit their narrative, to punish the people they view as lesser. 

Did you just said that killing animals for 5 feathers is equal to killing animals for 5000 only to make up excuses for Cardi later based on circumstances? 

►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►

LordEnigma
7 hours ago, insight said:

Feathers grow back, don't they?

Cardi’s may have been ethically sourced... but the ones that are plucked for cheaper garments may be plucked so hard that the skin is damaged enough to not return to its regular functions.

• Like 1

Guillaume Hamon
4 hours ago, BornAsUnic0rn said:

And so is several designers and fashion houses creating 6 looks for the event using a sh*t ton of feathers.

Fashion with no "animal material" used is a big deal since a few years. I really think it's on the table now since they get pressure from many consumers to switch to fake fur, leather and feathers but I wish it was going faster indeed...

is ultimately worse than Cardi’s one time wearing a gigantic mass of feathers on one occasion

Cardi also got fur several time before, it wasn't her first time with clothes using animals. 

So Gaga, who wore feathers, fur and leather (and meat 2 times actually) several times over a period of 10 years is ultimately worse than Cardi’s one time wearing a gigantic mass of feathers on one occasion.

I don't say it's better when it's done by gaga. I'm among the many fans who repeatedly wished she wouldn't have clothes made with animals. But if we don't discuss it each time a celeb get it they'll not think about it I guess. :/ I'm not having a personal vendetta against cardi or anything I just think that this dress alone is the equivalent of doing it several times seing all the material  it used.

imnotyourbabe10

As a vegetarian (trying to slip into vegan), it's sometimes hard to explain to people why we should care about other sentient creatures and our environment.  I often say "Oh, yes, I am vegetarian but I don't push it on anyone."  Most people respect that.  However, if the conversation goes further, I say, "Yes, of course I do it for the animals but also because factory farming is destructive to the environment (why I'm also trying to rid myself of dairy) and for the workers who often suffer from  post-traumatic stress reactions from working in a violent environment."  There are many layers to it and the whole industry stays in power due to the more horrific parts of it remaining "invisible."  No one is going to get a burger and, simultaneously, see how their meal was prepared.

OT: That's pretty awful it took so many feathers.  And I still have mixed reaction to the famed Meat Dress, which was a perfect statement on how women are treated in society. 

Edited by imnotyourbabe10

Sanne Godijn
6 minutes ago, imnotyourbabe10 said:

As a vegetarian (trying to slip into vegan), it's sometimes hard to explain to people why we should care about other sentient creatures and our environment.  I often say "Oh, yes, I am vegetarian but I don't push it on anyone."  Most people respect that.  However, if the conversation goes further, I say, "Yes, of course I do it for the animals but also because factory farming is destructive to the environment (why I'm also trying to rid myself of dairy) and for the workers who often suffer from  post-traumatic stress reactions from working in a violent environment."  There are many layers to it and the whole industry stays in power due to the more horrific parts of it remaining "invisible."  No one is going to get a burger and, simultaneously, see how their meal was prepared.

OT: That's pretty awful it took so many feathers.  And I still have mixed reaction to the famed Meat Dress, which was a perfect statement on how women are treated in society. 

Atleast the meatdress  got turned into beef jerky gaga said so herself

Edited by Sanne Godijn
  • YAAAS 1