Stefani Tee
celeb

Cardi B MET dress was made with REAL feathers

Featured Posts

Autumn

I understand why people say 'you still eat meat' but killing them for food is not the same as killing them as an accessory

• formerly ARealWildMan, WarriorPhoenix •
  • Like 2

LaLa

Gaga wears feathers, leather from multiple species, real fur etc all the time. It is what it is. Is it a choice I personally would make? No. But sweet innocent animals are killed every day because I like the way they taste, so who am I to judge? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

neptugne
9 minutes ago, holy scheisse said:

There's a difference between eating food and wearing dead animals for self indulgent opulence. We can all make a difference by consuming ethically sourced meat and cutting down on meat as much as possible. Not everybody can afford the vegan lifestyle and that's a whole separate issue. But we certainly don't need to say well you better be all or nothing. 

When offered steak vs salad, same vitamins and nutrients, how many people would choose steak bc they enjoy the flavor of meat? Animals in the form of food does not mean they're not self-indulging as well. I do agree you don't have to be all or nothing, but for people just complaining online trying to trash someone, check your own choices and footprint first. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Zander
Posted (edited)

As far as I know there isn't really a suitable faux solution for Ostrich feathers (which are commonly used in couture). Venice gown would of 100% been real.

Edited by Zander

untitled
33 minutes ago, iAstroLeo said:

Were they killed on purpose though?

How else would they have been killed? On accident? I-

💋 Lead Me to War With Your Brilliant Erection 🚬
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 11

Shipper
Posted (edited)

Well I eat meat so I guess feathered gowns are okay for me. :green:

Edited by Shipper
Box me up
  • Like 1

iAstroLeo
6 minutes ago, Muumisarvinen said:

How else would they have been killed? On accident? I-

If you make a dress out of chicken feathers, you might have killed them to eat them and used the feathers to not throw them away. 

Just an example.

Bloody hooker
40 minutes ago, neptugne said:

"stop abusing animals" *eats an animal murdered for consumption* 

how is it not contradictory

There’s a difference. One is abusing animals to get an awful thrill out of it. One is to feed a population (killing them ethically). Keep in mind that not everyone can eat healthy, go vegan, or vegetarian. I would love to eat healthy all the time, but I’m a part of the lower class.

Plucking 30,000 feathers for fashion is wrong.

This mutual gaze was a “longing to touch” or a "pre-coitus" stare.
  • Like 4

elijahfan
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Sanne Godijn said:

Do you mean that maybe no birds where harmed for this dress

No, I mean that feathers are as problematic as fur or leather, but there isn't the same stigma. In our culture, it's not as viscerally upsetting to see a feather detached from a bird's body, so people don't really think about it when they see feathers on the runway. A bit like leather - it doesn't really look like an animal anymore, so people think it's less serious than fur, when actually it's the exact same thing.

Edited by elijahfan
  • Thanks 2

untitled
4 minutes ago, iAstroLeo said:

If you make a dress out of chicken feathers, you might have killed them to eat them and used the feathers to not throw them away. 

Just an example.

Chicken weathers are hardly ever used in fashion. It is also quite rare to source feathers from birds that were killed in food production. Same with leather. In the end, it doesn't really make a difference to the bird (or any animal) if they are killed for fashion or food.  Neither of those is necessary.

💋 Lead Me to War With Your Brilliant Erection 🚬

Sanne Godijn

Poeple seem to forget that animals also eat eachother ya know 

iAstroLeo
6 minutes ago, Muumisarvinen said:

Chicken weathers are hardly ever used in fashion. It is also quite rare to source feathers from birds that were killed in food production. Same with leather. In the end, it doesn't really make a difference to the bird (or any animal) if they are killed for fashion or food.  Neither of those is necessary.

It's necessary for food. 
Animals also do it, it's called the food chain.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Glamourpuss
44 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I'm not saying that I support this, but.. Kim, there's people that are dying. 

That is such an ignorant statement. :saladga:

Serial liker
  • Like 4

JohnnyVersace

As if it was just Cardi's dress....:laughga:

Kendall and Kylie Jenner, Lizzo, Yara Shahidi, Naomi Campbell, Taylor Hill, Ciara, Gigi Hadid, Amber Valleta, Hamish Bowles, Anna Wintour and even ****ing Liza Whatsherface ALL wore feathers. 

But sure, come for the loud, black girl. Shocking. :huntyga:

• Like 5