💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Decay, Death of Fame, Dead Blonde = LG6?

Born Brave

Featured Posts

Born Brave

Do any of you remember pre-ARTPOP and towards the conclusion of the BTW tour, we got Princess Die as a performance? During this time Gaga was very vocal about wanting to explore and write an album that pertained to the "decay" of the blonde icon. She also displayed an affinity for white roses at that time. 

Could she be reintroducing that idea with her recent looks? Black has been a recurring color for her. The 'GAGA' profile images are also black, and when she left NYC on 5/7 she was in all black with those dark shades and holding, of all things, a bouquet of beautiful white roses.

The Met Gala entrance I think also symbolizes something. Up before she had an over month long hiatus from public view she had been very polished, reserved, elegant, and not the least bit extravagant. She was in a completely different realm of projection when she arrived at the event. I couldn't help but feel like I was watching her convey something. It was a transformative work of art and she knew it would be seen by a lot of people and I felt like I could personally find a lot of Marilyn Monroe  (the ultimate dead blonde killed by fame) homage in the whole sequence of events. 

Am I alone on all of this or does someone want to add anything?  

CarlosMonster

I definitely can  agree to this concept as these vibes were often felt throughout the Born This Way era , I feel that she had this concept built and towards the end had tons of material . Marilyn Monroe , Amy Winehouse  , Britanny Murphy , Michael Jackson, Anna Nicole Smith , Whitney Houston . The concept of how fame kills you  has always been her strongest suit. Her art of interpreting how she studied this before her fame is just amazing. 

Miel

I think this is a great concept, although I wouldn't believe the MET Gala's performance would be the sole indicator. If she builds on it, then I could see it as a possibility.

Although I agree with OP that her minor hyperfixation of the topic, beginning (oddly enough) during Born This Way was as interesting as it was out-of-the-blue. It all felt like it led to nothing, since ARTPOP was so different than what we expected. I've always wondered if she would revisit it one day. Maybe, maybe not.

3 points in and ready for more

Born Brave
1 minute ago, Miel said:

I think this is a great concept, although I wouldn't believe the MET Gala's performance would be the sole indicator. If she builds on it, then I could see it as a possibility.

Although I agree with OP that her minor hyperfixation of the topic, beginning (oddly enough) during Born This Way was as interesting as it was out-of-the-blue. It all felt like it led to nothing, since ARTPOP was so different than what we expected. I've always wondered if she would revisit it one day. Maybe, maybe not.

Thank you for responding with substance! 

I feel like that is the direction she wanted the 4th album to go, but was steered into the ARTPOP direction by the label. Maybe now that she has the artistic liberty under this team of management she's going to make good on her original idea and concept. "Honor your vomit". 

HorusRa2

I do feel like we’re getting something to this effect. We’ll see though. 

Im definitely for it because the performance at the Met was amazing. 

@Born Brave to your point, I hope so. I always felt that ARTPOP was somewhat inauthentic in its presentation. I think she could use this theme of the decay of the blonde superstar to create what ARTPOP should have been all along. 

AgusPop

I like the Idea, maybe it's possible but she already did the Fame Monster who talks about the fall of the Idols and it was very clear in Dance in the Dark

But if she retakes the idea,  I would not complain. I love Dance in the Dark so much and she was in debt to that song

HorusRa2
1 minute ago, AgusPop said:

I like the Idea, maybe it's possible but she already did the Fame Monster who talks about the fall of the Idols and it was very clear in Dance in the Dark

But if she retakes the idea,  I would not complain. I love Dance in the Dark so much

But with Dance in the Dark, I feel it’s more referential whereas now we are years later into her career, the content or vision can be much more introspective and poignant. 

Leo

I agree that what LG4 was probably going to be a lot darker and would deal with those subjects, and then ARTPOP came out of the left field and surprised us. But I think we get into the habit of overanalysing her pre-album looks to try and get a hint when usually there's no correlation.

Born Brave
1 minute ago, HorusRa2 said:

But with Dance in the Dark, I feel it’s more referential whereas now we are years later into her career, the content or vision can be much more introspective and poignant. 

She's definitely been in the business a lot longer now than she had been in 2012/13. This appearance / interview stands out a lot

Born Brave
3 minutes ago, Leo said:

I agree that what LG4 was probably going to be a lot darker and would deal with those subjects, and then ARTPOP came out of the left field and surprised us. But I think we get into the habit of overanalysing her pre-album looks to try and get a hint when usually there's no correlation.

Would you not agree that Met Gala was a clear cut disembarkment of her looks from the rest of this year and the later part of last year? 

Stephen

I think this theme/idea has been beaten to death by the fanbase. Gaga's best commentary on this subject was the VMA performance of Paparazzi and anything further would just be re-hashing a point she already made perfectly 10 years ago. It's time to let this idea go :bradley:

HorusRa2
5 minutes ago, Born Brave said:

She's definitely been in the business a lot longer now than she had been in 2012/13. This appearance / interview stands out a lot

Right! And just all of the events since then have led me to believe that because she is in a much more clear and focused head space that her next album is going to be really cohesive in a way they haven’t before. Every album Gaga explores contains so many themes and topics to the point that it can be distracting or limited in appeal to a casual listener. And so I think it would be perfect for her to revisit a theme she’s touched on before but approach it with a more layered but focused nature. It’s really exciting & I also think that the pink/black or white/black and the music notes are related (assuming that it’s referring to duality/yin&yang but that’s just my opinion).

Rio
39 minutes ago, Born Brave said:

My favourite interview of her. Her retrospective insight, intelligence, raw emotion and perspective on fame and the music industry. Such a great talk with Howard tbh

JohnnyVersace

LMAO we wish :ladyhaha:

We've been thirsty for the decaying popstar, dark side of fame era for years :trollga:

holy scheisse

I hope not. The Fame + ARTPOP talked enough about fame! TBH I'd be disappointed if she put out an album without something new to say. And also I'm sick of the concept of fame in this social media age where everybody wants to be famous. 

Archived