đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The Pop Race-If Drag Race was a show with pop stars

FentyGa

Featured Posts

FentyGa

So somebody here made a thread talking about what gaga would be like as a contestant on drag race. That piqued my interest. AND because I have nothing to do, I thought-what if Drag Race was a show...with all the biggest pop stars? SO here's how I think it would go! First off, here's the cast/

Spoiler

Adele
Ariana Grande
Beyoncé
Britney Spears
Camila Cabello
Christina Aguilera
Lady Gaga
Madonna
Mariah Carey
Rihanna
Selena Gomez
Taylor Swift

(some of these may seem sub-par, but remember. fillers are needed:trollga:)

Here's a summary of how I think each episode would go!

Episode One-PowerGroups

Spoiler

The girls team up into groups of six and design a performance for a pre-written song. All vocals must be performed live.
Because they're the oldest, Madonna and Mariah are group leaders, and they get to pick first. Each girl chosen gets to pick the next group member
Madonna picks Britney.
Mariah picks Beyoncé
Britney picks Taylor
Beyoncé picks Lady Gaga
Taylor picks Selena
Gaga picks Xtina
Selena picks Camila
Xtina picks Ariana
Camila picks Rihanna, which leaves Adele with team Madonna.
To simplify, here are the teams.

Team Madonna
Madonna
Britney Spears
Taylor Swift
Selena Gomez
Camila Cabello
Rihanna

Team Mariah
Mariah Carey
Beyoncé
Lady Gaga
Christina Aguilera
Ariana Grande
Adele

The runway theme is sparkles.

Taylor, Ariana, and Selena end up in the bottom. All three get critiqued for fading into the background, though Ariana's vocals are praised, and Taylor's enthusiasm is noted
The top three is Madonna, Beyoncé, and Rihanna. Madonna's overall showmanship, from dancing to attitude, is praised, though her runway is called out for 'questionable taste'. Beyoncé's vocals and choreography are praised the most. Rihanna's vocals are critiqued, but her runway, dancing, and attitude are praised.
Madonna wins the challenge, while Selena and Ariana end up in the bottom 2. The bottom 2 each episode partake in a sing-off to a classic.
This episode, the song is The Way You Look Tonight by Frank Sinatra.
Selena loses the sing-off, and goes home. She and Taylor share an emotional parting.

Episode 2-Photogenic

Spoiler

The girls divide into pairs (and one group of three), and style a photoshoot for themselves. They mustn't outshine one another.

Beyoncé and Rihanna pick each other, as they both know they're beautiful icons who take amazing pictures.
Their photoshoot celebrates african-american culture and beauty.
Taylor and Camila have experience working with each other on tay's Reputation Stadium Tour, so they choose each other.
Their photoshoot uses themes of flowers, femininity, and natural beauty.
Madonna immediately picks Britney and Christina to form the three, and Xtina's down, though Britney doesn't seem as enthusiastic.
Their photoshoot is inspired by the 2003 VMA Like A Virgin performance, but attempts to touch on feminism.
Mariah and Adele pick each other.
Their photoshoot is simple and glamorous.
Gaga runs towards Ariana, because she feels bad that nobody wants to choose her.
Their photoshoot is on a set inspired by Little Italy in New York City.

The runway theme is gowns.
 Camila, Taylor, Mariah, and Adele end up in the bottom. Mariah and Adele get critiqued for the simplicity of their photoshoot and runway looks. Camila and Taylor are called out for lack of chemistry or deeper meaning in their photoshoot, and Taylor's runway is labelled 'basic' and 'far too H&M for this someone of [her] calibur'.

The top four is Beyoncé, Rihanna, Ariana, and Lady Gaga. Bey&Rih are celebrated for their meaningful and powerful photoshoot, as well as correspondong runway looks. Ariana and Gaga get praise for the chemistry and fun that was so visible in their shoot.
Beyoncé and Rihanna win the challenge. Camila and Taylor end up in the bottom, and sing The Way You Make Me Feel by Michael Jackson.
Camila outsings Taylor (poor tay, couldn't even make it to the dancing challenge to go home then). 

Episode 3-Dancing Queens

Spoiler

The girls have to learn the choreography to a mashup of their biggest hits. They each get a 30 second solo.
The runway theme is sporty chic.
Ariana starts to get very stressed out because she just can't get the choreography. 15 minutes before showtime, she starts to cry and break down. She struggles to fix her make up in time and stop shaking. Xtina, Gaga, and Madonna do what they can to help her.
Ariana's breakdown also throws gaga off her game, as she's obviously very compassionate, and she's developed a mother-daughter relationship with Ariana.
Adele, Ariana, and Mariah end up in the bottom three. Mariah's dancing is critiqued as 'lazy' and 'barely there', though her charisma is noted. Adele and Ariana are both critiqued for missing various moves, and Ariana's even fallen over at one point.
The top three is Beyoncé, Britney Spears, and Madonna. Bey's performance is deemd 'perfect' and 'incredible' by the judges, while britney and Madonna are more mildly praised. Madge gets called out for 'relying on personality a little' and Britney's dancing is called 'good, if not a little stiff'.
Beyoncé wins, by far.
Ariana and Adele end up in the bottom 2, and have to sing 'The Boy Is Mine' by Brandy&Monica. Ariana struggles to sing well through her tears, and misses some lyrics. Adele keeps it together, though she's partly hesitant because of Ariana's feelings. Ariana's sent home.

Episode 4-Match Game

Spoiler

The girls have to play a game of match game. No impersonations, just themselves. They have to be funny and charming.
Mariah begins to throw shade at Camila, claiming she feels 'offended to be in the same competition as her'. Beyoncé defends her and calls Mariah 'stuck up', which ignites an argument.
The runway theme is black.
Adele, Lady Gaga, and Christina Aguilera are in the top. They're all praised for their off-the-cuff humour and charisma.
Madonna gets annoyed because she's not in the top.
Beyoncé, Britney Spears, and Camila Cabello end up in the bottom three. Bey is told to 'loosen up' and 'have more fun', while Camila is critiqued for being too nice and blasé. Britney is in the bottom for acting too nervous and unsure.
Adele wins the challenge, while Beyoncé and Camila are the bottom 2.
They have to sing 'Private Dancer' by Tina Turner. Beyoncé wins by a landslide, which means Camila is the next to go. Mariah is seen smiling as Camila leaves.

Episode 5-Songwriters Supreme

Spoiler

This episode is the first to feature a mini challenge-Finish the lyric. The girls are played a line from a top 40 song, and they have to finish the lyric. Christina wins, and Mariah says "I guess that's what she gets for listening to whatever's on the charts, while some of us stream talent". Bey rolls her eyes, and Rihanna mouths 'is this b*tch serious?' at the camera.
The main challenge is writing a song-the girls are assigned a tpic, and they have to write and produce a song. They get to work with Max Martin and DarkChild on production, but have to work solo on the lyeics and melody.
Xtina gets to assugn the topics (the topics are pre-picked, she just gets to assign them). These are her choices:
Rihanna-sex
Beyoncé-self-love
Lady Gaga-social justice
Adele-Sadness
Xtina-Female empowerment
Britney Spears-art
Madonna-Parties
Mariah Carey-Love
She basically gives them all what fits their style, besides Britney. That's partly a strategic choice, as she knows Britney isn't the strongest writer anyway.

The runway theme is faux fur.

Mariah, Lady Gaga, and Adele are in the top. They're all hyped up for their songs, though Adele's is critiqued for being a little too 'classic adele'.
Britney, Rihanna, and Beyoncé are in the bottom. Britney's song is branded 'basic. so disney channel...'. Beyoncé is mainly critiqued for her simple runway look, though her song is still not loved by the judges. Rih's song is called 'too straight forward' and 'far too raunchy' by the judges, which pisses her off. Beyoncé reminds her to keep her cool.
Mariah wins the challenge, while Britney and Rihanna partake in the sing-off. They have to sing Everybody Loves Somebody by Frank Sinatra. Rihanna wins the sing off, and Britney is sent home.

Episode 6-MET Gala Realness

Spoiler

The challenge this episode is to sew/create a fabulous look worthy of the MET gala. The theme is French Revolution.
Beyoncé struggles to put something together. Rihanna helps her design, and lends her a hot glue gun, as Bey's is broken.
Bey, Adele, Rihanna and Gaga form a bit of a clique.
the top three is Lady Gaga, Rihanna, and Madonna. Gaga's look is critiqued for its mediocre execution, but the design is praised to the heavens. It's a perfect example of less is more. Rih's look is named innovative and beautiful by the judges.
The bottom three is Beyoncé, Mariah,  and Adele. Adele and Mariah get called out for being completely off theme, and Mariah especially slandered for the fact that all of her looks 'are pretty much the same ill-fitting gown'. Bey's look is in the bottom because of its poor construction.
Lady Gaga wins the challenge. Mariah and Adele are in the bottom, and they have to sing When Doves Cry by Prince. Mariah sruggles with the song, while Adele's performance brings Madonna to tears. Mariah's sent home.

Episode 7-Acting!

Spoiler

The mini-challenge this episode is putting on a five minute full face of make up. Rihanna wins and gets to assign the roles for this week's challenge.
That challenge is acting in a scripted dramedy. The roles are assigned as such.
Rosa, a mother of four-Lady Gaga
Jamie, Rosa's lover-Beyoncé
Alina, Rosa's best friend-Rihanna
Valencia, Rosa's mother-Madonna
Bridget, Rosa's wife-Adele
Narrator-Xtina

Bey feels upset with Rihanna for giving her the 'other woman' role, for obvious reasons, and Rihanna says that what happened didn't even cross her mind.
The runway theme is golden (globes).

The top 3 is Lady Gaga, Rihanna, and Beyoncé. The judges praise Gaga for having 'great chemistry with everyone' and portraying Rosa very emotionally. Rihanna's comedy is praised, while Bey's performance is 'very well-rounded emotionally, if not over acting a little'.
The bottom 3 is Xtina, Madonna and Adele. Adele gets critiqued for being too 'Adele-like' and 'not serious enough'. Madonna's acting and runway are simply reviewed as bad, and Xtina's 'fading into the background'.
Lady Gaga and Rihann score a joined win. The bottom 2 is Xtina and Madonna, and they have to sing 'Jolene' by Dolly Parton. Xtina wins, and Madonna is eliminated.

Episode 8-Eurovision

Spoiler

In the mini challenge, the girls have to create a flag for their own made up nation, and write a comedic description of it. Lady Gaga wins the mini challenge.
The main challenge is to design a performance for one of your own songs to represent you made up country.
The girls get to pick their own songs.
Xtina picks Let There Be Love
Lady Gaga picks Born This Way
Beyoncé picks Flawless
Adele picks Set Fire To The Rain
Rihanna picks Love On The Brain, as Bey, Adele, and Gaga advise her to show off vocals.

The runway theme is 'Homage to your hometown'.

Xtina and Bey are in the top, as both of their vocals and choreo are praised. Xtina's performance and song choice is praised for being particularly sparkly and fun.
That means Adele, Gaga and Rih are the bottom 3. Adele's performance is considered too simple, and she's read by the judges for serving the same thing each week. Gaga's performance 'seems rushed' and her choreography is questionable. Rihanna's performance is 'nothing special' according to the judges, though her vocals are praised despite being a little strained. Adele and Rih's song choices are called out for being 'not very representative of your nations or their values.'
Xtina wins the challenge. Adele and Rihanna are in the bottom, and they have to sing 'La Vie En Rose'. The performance is very emotional, but ultimately, Adele wins. Bey, Rih, Gaga and Adele share an emotional group hug, and Xtina feels left out and threatened by the clique.

Episode 9-Snatching Trophies!

Spoiler

The top four have to partake in award show. They each have to create a red carpet look, present & accept an awards, and perform a group number to a pre-written song. Beyoncé gets a little overwhelmed, and gets emotional about missing her family. Gaga and Adele comfort her, as Xtina eats yoghurt in the corner.
During the group number, Xtina attampts to make Bey trip on her dress out of insecurity. Bey, of course, catches herself and looks flawless doing it.
Bey wins the challenge, as she is "charismatic, fun, and incredibly talented". Gaga and Adele are the bottom 2, as Gaga's called out for corny jokes and a questionable outfit, while the judges are done with Adele not giving them anythign new. They have to sing I'll Always Remember You by Miley Cyrus. Adele is sent home, as she struggles to sing as well as Gaga. The performance is emotional, of course, and even Bey cries.

Episode 10-Finale!

Spoiler

The top three have quite a challenge on their hands. They have to write a song together over a pre-produced instrumental. They then have to do an album cover photoshoot, a group interview, and a performance of the single in front of the judges. The runway theme is 'Iconique-Best Looks'.
Xtina has a heart-to-heart with Gaga backstage, and the three stop the drama.
Beyoncé is praised the most for her success in the competition, as well as this challenge specifically. Xtina gets praise for her runway looks and vocals, though she didn't succeed so much in this challenge. Gaga is praised for consistency and only having been in the bottom once.
Xtina gets third place and gets sent home early.
The final sing-off of the competition is I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston. Beyoncé wins the whole competition, with Gaga coming in second.

Thoughts? Would y'all LIVE? And just imagine the gifs WHEW
xtinaeatingyoghurt.gif

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FentyGa

oh remember it's all for fun and just opinions lol don't come for me

Jose P

Gurl I’d watch the **** outta that! Although I think Adele vs Gaga would be a double shantay.

Imagine the hype for this though.

FentyGa
1 minute ago, JR Gg said:

In a real world, Gaga would win, but interesting:selena:

against Beyoncé?:trollga:

FentyGa
4 minutes ago, Jose P said:

Gurl I’d watch the **** outta that! Although I think Adele vs Gaga would be a double shantay.

Imagine the hype for this though.

skdkjdk and the fandom wars
the swiftie meltdowns:messga:

JR Gg
2 minutes ago, FentyGa said:

against Beyoncé?:trollga:

Yeah. Gaga is the more well-rounded artist, no matter what people say. Beyoncé needs her team to be flawless. :ally:

Gimme More

i'd be here to watch Britney overshadow xtina again :awkney:

#JusticeForBritney ♡

FentyGa
Just now, Gimme More said:

i'd be here to watch Britney overshadow xtina again :awkney:

I feel like Britney in her prime would, for sure.

Phoebe Buffay

wait i don't get it. :selena: am i supposed to pick a pop girl or... ? :air:

FentyGa
1 minute ago, Phoebe Buffay said:

wait i don't get it. :selena: am i supposed to pick a pop girl or... ? :air:

no girl:air: this is just what I think would happen if the pop girls competed on a competition reality show
each spoiler is the summary of a different episode

Gimme More
1 minute ago, FentyGa said:

I feel like Britney in her prime would, for sure.

currentney would still outshine her :) isn't christina just known for oreo commercials now? serious question :selena:

tumblr_mw41e6IRIK1senbi8o2_400.gif

#JusticeForBritney ♡

Phoebe Buffay
Just now, FentyGa said:

no girl:air: this is just what I think would happen if the pop girls competed on a competition reality show
each spoiler is the summary of a different episode

nnnn :air: i thought this was a game or sumn :air:

Archived