celeb

Anna Wintour confirms Gaga MET GALA attendance

MMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Featured Posts

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
elijahfan

She’s co-chairing, there was literally 0 doubt. People jump at the silliest things and call them hints, and yet doubt this? :saladga:

elijahfan
14 minutes ago, Reginald said:

Is Madame X going, though? 

I think so, her styling team is in NY

elijahfan
19 minutes ago, kabirartfling said:

My bet is on Versace or a classic Christian Dior. I will unstan if she wears anything from Celine or any other boring as designer.

What if gaga wears Gucci :selena: that would be unexpected

Gucci wouldn’t be unexpected at all, Alessandro Michele is co-chairing too and most people believe she’ll actually turn to him, since he’s a staple in contemporary camp fashion.

Dior is absolutely not camp, and I know many starlets will still want to look cute and wear that - this is NOT the time for that. And like CELINE or not, but an Hedi Slimane design is actually included in the exhibition, so you never know what he can come up with :ohwell:

For instance, this look was Slimane, so who are you calling boring?

112916-lady-gaga-lead.jpg

gagzus
6 hours ago, LavenderBlonde2 said:

What designer do u guys think Gaga will wear? :lana:

I remember back when she was announced as co-chair with Harry and Serena it was confirmed Alessandro for Gucci was dressing them

elijahfan
6 hours ago, Zander said:

Anna, honey, sweetie.... maybe you should take those glasses for the visually impaired off and then you'd of noticed Gaga slaying with her Met looks over the years but no, you had the audacity to mention Katy Perry before her? Jog on...

Madonna and Katy have attended many more times than Gaga. And from what I gathered, the looks she turned at the MET so far aren’t overwhelmingly loved.

kabirartfling
1 hour ago, elijahfan said:

Gucci wouldn’t be unexpected at all, Alessandro Michele is co-chairing too and most people believe she’ll actually turn to him, since he’s a staple in contemporary camp fashion.

Dior is absolutely not camp, and I know many starlets will still want to look cute and wear that - this is NOT the time for that. And like CELINE or not, but an Hedi Slimane design is actually included in the exhibition, so you never know what he can come up with :ohwell:

For instance, this look was Slimane, so who are you calling boring?

112916-lady-gaga-lead.jpg

That jacket is super cool however it's not camp enough, we can fight about Celine being worthy or not but I will continue to pray that she don't wear them.

I was hoping more from the archives of Christian Dior, ala John galliano, Raf simons. Nobody wants Maria grazia's Dior which is honestly...sarcastic sarcasm GIF

Imagine Victor and Rolf, or comme de garcon look :air: I would die.

Give your love to me

DeleteMyAccount

Can’t wait to see most of the attendees not even bothering with the theme. It would be awesome if the hosts could ban anyone who doesn’t come dressed appropriately. It’s like going to a black tie event in khakis..

ThatAsianGuy
7 hours ago, LavenderBlonde2 said:

McQueen suits the theme soo.

elijahfan
1 hour ago, kabirartfling said:

That jacket is super cool however it's not camp enough, we can fight about Celine being worthy or not but I will continue to pray that she don't wear them.

I was hoping more from the archives of Christian Dior, ala John galliano, Raf simons. Nobody wants Maria grazia's Dior which is honestly...

Imagine Victor and Rolf, or comme de garcon look :air: I would die.

Camp is a matter of interpretation, but my point is just to show that Slimane has it in him to design something in that vein, so let's not underestimate him (even though he's obviously not the first designer that comes to mind when you think camp, I'll grant you that). His heart-shaped fur coat from his finale Saint Laurent collection is the piece from him that will be part of the exhibition:

KIM_2456.jpg

And alright, I understand better your Dior reference now. I was thinking you were dying for her to wear Maria Grazia and I was like "Dude... :triggered:", but watch Maria Grazia still be well-represented on that carpet..... :saladga: But I feel like Galliano era Dior, vintage Gaultier and Mugler are gonna be the go-to choices of people like the Kardashians, it fits the theme so perfectly that it's almost too obvious imo. I really expect our Gagz to wear something custom, as per usual on her MET Gala appearances.

Gagaplayer315
9 hours ago, LavenderBlonde2 said:

Brandon Maxwell :ladyhaha:

elijahfan

Ok it's been going on in my head for long enough, I'll settle for a prediction....

I think it would be cool for Gaga to acknowledge the beginning of camp fashion in history, which is the French court of the 17th century. Sooo... a custom Gucci  Marie-Antoinette inspired outfit, complete with giant wig and accessories stuck in the hair, would probably do the trick. Not only would it show interest in the theme's actual history, but it would also be a nod to this iconic Elton John outfit he wore for his 50th birthday. That's it, that's my final prediction.

GettyImages-83899882.jpg

Gam

Will the Gala be streamed somewhere?

lastfm - https://tinyurl.com/4x28kakr⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀steam - https://tinyurl.com/mbyp5as5

Stephen
4 hours ago, RAMROD said:

Why wouldn't she, come on now! :laughga:

The real surprise here is that RuPaul is attending :nooo:

This is a huge gig, I wonder if Raven will be involved for Ru's mug again?!?

RIGHT. I can't believe she's showing up to a live/public event in drag. When was the last time she did that :duck:

Stephen

I really hope Gaga slays the **** out of this event. I hope we get at least a second outfit (after party?), maybe more. I need my queen of costume changes back

Archived